Chapter 2: The Orphan
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Chapter 2: The Orphan}


...

*Waaaaaaah!! Waaaaaaaaah!!*

The cries of a little child could be heard from inside a dirty and shady place on the corner of the street that had a very half-assedly made sign that said "Orpahange" on top of its door. Inside, a woman of a very shabby appearance could be seen handling a baby of black hair with a bit of distaste on her gaze.

"Another one... -*Sigh...*- These brats are going to drive me crazy..." Said the woman as she placed the baby on a nearby baby crib, next to many other babies sleeping peacefully. However, right before she could leave, the woman raised an eyebrow and looked to the baby again. "What was the name of this one? I'm gonna get confused if I don't learn it now..."

There, it saw a small etiquette with the name "Shieda Kayn" written on it. When she read it, the woman scoffed shortly before she walked away, leaving the child alone next to the many other children.

When the woman got away, the baby stayed silent for a few moments, before it then turned to look at the air and started waving his hands with a happy smile on his face, seemingly trying to touch something.

It giggled for a bit, before it then yawned for a bit, and went to sleep.

What no one else but the child could see, was a strange and glimmering screen floating above the baby quietly without changing in the slightest.

 

[Welcome host]

 

 

-Three years later...

Kayn, now three years old, was eating alone on the corner of the room while glancing in front of him with a displeased expression on his face. He had been punished by the caretaker because she believed he was lying when he told her about the strange thing floating in front of him.

Rather than not believing he was seeing the screen, she believed more that the child was having hallucinations rather than that something was actually in front of him and only he could see it.

She stared with a bit of pity at the child and muttered under her breath. "Never thought Kayn was retarded... A harsh future awaits him here in Noxus..."

Back on the corner, Kayn finished his food and turned to look once again at the screen with an annoyed face.

Kayn had lived all his life with the strange screen next to him, no matter what he did, it never disappeared from his side. However, after some time he got accustomed to it and decided to leave it alone. Either way, even if he tried touching it, it wouldn't react nor move at all.

There were some letters in the middle of the screen, but Kayn couldn't read, so he didn't have any idea what that was, and he didn't care either way, for him it was probably something like decoration and nothing of importance.

However, now that he had gotten punished because of it, he was rather annoyed at the mysterious screen in front of him that didn't disappear nor could be seen by other people other than him.

"It's all your fault"

Kayn tried hitting the screen, but it was to no avail as his hand only trespassed the screen as if it was not there. Furious that he couldn't vent his anger, Kayn kept trying to hit the screen again and again, even if it didn't do anything at all.

Only when he got tired, he decided to stop and spit at the screen, just like the older kids of the orphanage used to do when he met them.

The spit failed to hit the screen and landed on the back of the caretaker, who was busy tidying up the beds to notice the strange behavior of the kid behind her. 

*Pat!*

As the spit landed on her back, the caretaker's face turned red from anger, and she turned to look back at the child with a face that resembled the devil itself.

"Kaaayyyn!!!"

"Aaaaah!!" Kayn decided to run away at that moment, the angry caretaker was the most dangerous creature he had met so far, and he didn't feel ready to face her yet. Maybe in the future, when he became a famous warrior from the noxus' army he could be able to deal with this terrible creature.

As he ran away with all high might, the screen followed behind him, staying at his side at every moment.

 

 

-Two years later...

... 

"Who's this kid? He pisses me off..."

"I don't know, he came from the orphanage. Probable those dumbasses told him to come to bother us"

A five-year-old Kayn, who was standing in front of five teenagers with his arms crossed, sneered in arrogance as he looked at the five of them with a calm expression on his face. He didn't seem to fear the five teenagers in front of him, even if they almost doubled him in size.

"What should we do? Should we hit this kid a bit so that it learns to not bother us next time?" 

"Sounds like a good idea, I wanted to hit something anyways, and his arrogant face seems to need a bit of a lesson"

Two of the teenagers approached Kayn with relaxed laughs among themselves, while the other three simply stayed back watching the antics of these two with slight grins on their faces. None of them seemed to be scared of Kayn's overbearing attitude and simply found it cute.

Soon, one of the two teenagers smiled maliciously and yelled out loud while rushing towards Kayn. "First rule in Noxus brat! The weak are worth shit here!"

The youth punched Kayn's face before he could be able to react, and knocked him away with ease. The other kids simply laughed out loud at this situation while looking at the defeated body of Kayn lying on the ground with amusement.

Suddenly, Kayn started getting up as he staggered a bit on the process, all the while grabbing his face with both hands seemingly in pain.

"What's this? Are you gonna cry now?" The youth mocked Kayn with a despising tone on his voice, as his companion arrived next to him and watched Kayn with a grin splattered across his face.

However, before any of the two could react, Kayn looked angrily at the youth and lunged at him without even thinking it twice. Unable to react due to the suddenness of the situation, the youth fell backward with Kayn on top of him and started being beaten down by Kayn repeatedly.

"F-fucking kid, get off of me!"

The youth skirmished, but to no avail as Kayn wasn't getting off him and continued punching him without resting in the slightest. The other teenagers soon reacted to their companion being beaten down and run to help him.

Soon, the sounds of a pretty harsh fight started filling the street, attracting the attention of nearby passersby.

"W-what's with this kid?! Why doesn't he fall?!"

"O-ouch, he bit me! What the hell?!"

"Watch out, he has an iron pipe! Where the heck did he even get that from?!"

"Run!! This kid is crazy!"

"He's trying to hit me down there, help!!"

...

A few minutes later...

...

A bloodied Kayn soon arrived at the door of the orphanage. He had bruises all over his body, and there was even some blood flowing down directly from his face, probably because he received a pretty harsh hit on his head during the fight.

As the door opened, the angry face of the caretaker came on to view and frowned at the sight of Kayn.

"Where the hell were you?! And what's with all those bruises? I believe I told you no more fighting stupid brat!"

"Hmph, those fuckers called our orphanage dirty. I had to do something"

"And you got beaten down for nothing! -*Sigh...*- I'm gonna die of stress at this rate... stupid brat. Come here, let me at least bandage you so that you don't bleed to death or something. There's no need to have the guards questioning me for having a kid die mysteriously on the orphanage grounds..."

Kayn didn't say anything and hopped onto a nearby chair before letting himself get bandaged by the caretaker. A few meters away from them, the faces of other kids appeared from behind the doors to the rooms and soon many murmurs started traveling back and forth between them.

"He did it again?"

"Whoa, look how bloodied he is... Do you think he won again? He beat up the older kids pretty easily the last time when they fought"

"You crazy? The last time they were only three years older than us. This time they were teenagers you hear me? Teenagers. He probably got beaten down and came back here after that"

"He doesn't look that discouraged to me, though... Besides, shouldn't he have looked worse by now if he had lost? He only has a few bruises and a hit on the head"

"I don't know, he beats down everyone even if they are older than him. Either way, if he won, at least those guys won't come and insult our orphanage again!"

At this, the rest of the kids cheered up with happy smiles. However, because they lifted up their voice a bit too much, they received a stare from the caretaker who was still busy bandaging Kayn and went back to their room in fear.

Finally, after a few minutes, the caretaker finished bandaging Kayn, and sent him back to his room, not of course, without giving him a slap on his head for getting on to a fight.

*Creaaaak...*

As he opened the door to his room, the door hinges cracked in rustiness and awoke his roommate.

"Boss, you came back alive!" An orange-haired kid with freckles on the face soon jumped out of the bed and ran towards Kayn with a happy smile.

"Of course, didn't I tell you that I could beat up those guys? Do you have no faith in me, Dillan?" Kayn raised an eyebrow and climbed up to his bed, which was above Dillan's, and then lied there with a pained expression on his face due to his many injuries.

"Hehehe... But they were Teenagers... I thought that even you couldn't be able to win against them..." Dillan laughed nervously as he lied down on the bed as well before he then added with an amazed tone on his voice. "But you did it! You are truly the strongest boss!"

Kayn smiled a bit before he then yawned a bit and spoke with a tired tone in his childish voice. "Go to sleep Dillan, tomorrow we can continue talking or something like that"

"-*Yawn...*- Yesh boss..."

At that moment, Dillan picked up the candle lighting the room and blew out the flame before going back to his bed and getting asleep almost instantly.

Just as Kayn was about to do the same, suddenly a small sound from his side woke him up and made him look around in surprise.

"...?" Kayn continued looking all around the room with a confused look on his face, only to find nothing out of place. As he lied on the bed once again to go to sleep, his eyes noticed that the screen in front of him had changed.

"It's different..."

Kayn immediately got up and moved closer to the screen, trying to understand its changes.

[You have defeated your enemies and won 5 points of Exp]

[Shieda Kayn]

-Status

-Shop

Hidden function (Lvl 30 required)

Kayn couldn't understand anything of everything that was on the screen. However, that did not stop him from trying to touch it once more, as his curiosity was winning over his confusion.

When his finger tapped over the status word, the screen changed once more...

At that moment, Kayn's eyes widened enormously.

...

{End of the Chapter}


man, it really is easier to write a chapter when you want to. I really missed this feeling :)

3