It does get worse
1.1k 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at my wall, I took a glance at the calendar. It was Saturday, I only one more day to figure this out. One day till mum came home. Surly she would realise something was up. While my changes had come to a crawl, the outcomes of them where still somewhat visible.

Wiping sweat from my forehead, I looked at myself in a mirror. My hair looked like it hadn’t been cut for weeks, even when I got it cut yesterday. And while my chest wasn’t really visible when I wore a somewhat baggy shirt, I still had breasts. That was undeniable. And don’t get me started on my crotch. I hadn’t taken my underwear off since yesterday either and I sure haven’t looked down there. 

The only positive to this little… change was my stomach. Whatever flab I had was gone leaving a toned stomach. Looking at my fail looking arm, I flexed and a toned muscle popped out. 

I guess this change wasn’t so bad in some aspects.

And with my hair cut and my normal style of boyish clothes on I still looked like myself… or at least close enough. Sure my face looked a bit more defined, but I could attribute that to losing weight. The only problem with it was I wasn’t sure how it will hold up to my mum’s scrutiny. 

Looking at my phone I let out a sigh, the internet was still out. 

Before I had got back from the shops on Friday the internet had gone out all over the city and the council says they are still investigating what cause it. 

Knowing the council that could take from 1 hour to a month to fix.

 I would happily place my bets that it would be closer to the latter. 

That meant there was nothing about what actually happened yesterday. No reception to read the news, no tv to watch it either. Only word of mouth, and that was hardly reliable.

It was probably a small problem that could be fixed quickly. But what happened to me was the opposite. The smallest change, a y to an x had fundamentally changed my life.

I could have and would have kept going on pitying myself but a loud knock at the door got my attention. “Jon, open the door” a familiar voice called out from the patio.

Pulling myself out of my self-appointed misery, I slowly walked to the front door. And when I did open the door, I was surprised to see Phil.

“How’s it going Jon, I heard your mum is out for the weekend" he said rhetorically as he peered over my shoulder.

"It would have been better if the internet hadn’t of died" I replied, ignoring the events of the previous day, "And the English draft that’s due on Wednesday will take an hour or two so it can wait a few more days till it needs to be started"

"I’m guessing your gonna procrastinate all weekend" Phil asked, amusement clear on his voice, “there are better things you could be doing than just avoiding doing work”

“What do you mean, is something going on” I said as it slowly dawned on me. “What’s happening" I asked, lowering my voice to a mock whisper.

“James and Tom are driving over to my place" he replied, his voice lowing as if he was hiding something. "I know you don’t have a car so I figured I would drive here and pick you up” he explained as if he knew my answer before he told me what we would be doing. “We were going to play some games at my place, they wanted to know if you wana join us”.

“And what if my mum finds out” I asked thinking about the worst-case scenario. “You know she hates this kind of stuff” I quickly said

“she is away… right” he asked carefully as if she was about to jump out of some room behind me, “she doesn’t have to know Jon. She is gone for the rest of the weekend, right. I’ll bring you back before she gets home. It will be like it never even happened” 

Sighing, I looked down at myself. I looked normal enough right, not at all like my life had been permanently changed a few hours ago. “What do I need Phil” I asked

“Just yourself and maybe some spare clothes for if you stay the night” he said as I felt my cheeks begin to heat. He turned around took a step towards the steps and stopped. He turned his head to see me as he pulled out his aviators, “Sorry, I almost forgot” he said in an apologetic tone, “being a controller or something”. 

Quickly grabbing the now empty backpack I was given by Jack, I shoved some of the new clothes I bought yesterday. Minus a spare bra of course, they didn’t need to accidentally see that, a random game, and my house keys. 

Quickly looking In the mirror a final time, I wiped the budding sweat off my forehead and brushed my hair to one side.

After running into the kitchen and feeding the cat I ran out to Phil’s black 2004 Honda civic that was almost older than both of us.

As I closed the door, I let out a sigh of relief, the car was significantly colder than it was outside. Glancing at PhilI I quickly realised my mistake. As he shifted the gear into first, he took a glance at me and smirked, and it was at that point I realised I would be lucky to leave that car alive. 

I heard him start revving the engine, and then he let the clutch out. And with that, the car flew down my street and around the corner pinning me to the back of the seat.

“what are you doing Phil” I screamed at him as I clutched my bag for dear life, “I want to get home alive, my mum would kill me if I died in a car with you of all people”.

He took a glance at me and sighed. “You guys never want to have any fun” he said in an annoyed tone as he sped onto the highway “I’m not that unsafe, I haven’t crashed yet.”

“What about last month, your car was in the repair shop for ages” I said, shooting him a look.

“that doesn’t count Jon, He ran into the back of me” he said as he pulled off the highway, “James has crashed at least 3 times, and he gets no garbage for it. But I get run into by a crackhead once and you guys never let it go.”

“But you drive like a lunatic!” I said.

“That’s what you three say, but you guys are the only ones who ever get in my car.”

“That because we are the only ones stupid enough to get in” I joked as we pulled into his driveway. Carefully avoiding standing on the tools littering his garage floor, I got out of the car and walked to the doorway of his garage. 

“James and Tom are in the living room” Phil called out from the garage, “I got to do something quickly Jon, go to the living room” 

Looking around I slowly made my way into his living room towards the sounds of James and Tom. Peaking around the corner, I saw them sitting on the couch playing a game on the screen. “How’s it going guys” I said a bit quieter than intended. 

“All good, Jon” James said without looking away from the screen. “I thought I heard you guys get back, where’s Phil” he said as he paused the game to talk to me. 

When he actually turned his head enough to see me, he did a subtle double take. “You’re looking good buddy; have you been working out?”

“Something like that” I mumbled as I felt my cheeks heat up. “What were you guys doing?”

“Beating James at this stupid game” Tom called out, annoyance clear on his face.

“Waiting for you guys” James replied after Tom had finished. But before he could continue, I saw his eyes drift to over my shoulder. Glancing at the doorway I could see Phil was back.

“What do you guys want to do” Phil said as he walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders. As soon as he did so he gave me a weird glance and took his hands off my shoulders.

“I feel like I’m boiling in here, and James is garbage at this game” Tom complained, “you guys want to go for a swim?”

Before I could say anything, Phil went and opened the doors to outside and looked back at us, “sounds good, you guys got your swimmers?”

“I don’t feel like swimming” I stuttered, what was I meant to do, they could see me wearing a bra.

“You sure Jon” Phil asked as he saw me shaking my head

Tom just looked over as he grabbed his boardshorts. “Just sit on the edge Jon, its boiling” he said impatiently.

Phil just shrugged his shoulders and walked out to the pool. “I’ll get you a chair if you want” Phil called out.

Quickly turning my head to avoid watching Tom get changed I walked out to the pool. Sitting on the wood deck next to the pool was a small chair and table. Glancing over at the guys getting into the pool I pulled out my phone and sat at the table. 

It had been barely 5 minutes when I hear Tom call from the poolside, “Oi Jon, get your arse over here”. 

Looking over I saw him beckoning me. Getting up, I glanced down at myself and adjusted my shirt and pants to better hid my chest and crotch. After I looked normal enough, I threw my phone onto the table next to the chair and walked over to the pool side.

“Look at this Jon” Tom said as he pointed to something on the pool tiles I couldn’t see

“What on earth are you talking about Tom” I asked, crouching down to see what he was pointing at.

“This!” he shouted as he reached out and grabbed my shirt, including inadvertently grabbing the bra I was wearing and as he pulled.

The look of utter confusion completely replaced his cocky attitude as he felt my bra. “whaatt” he stuttered as he looked at my chest.

My mind went blank as I fell face first into the pool. Waving my arms in the air as I unsuccessfully tried to regain balance. Closing my eyes, I accepted the inevitable as I fell forwards to meet my watery grave.

To a bystander, the events may have been amusing, if not downright hilarious. But all I felt was pure, unbridled fear as I felt my face connect with the water.

Slowly rising out of the water, I struggled to meet my friends worried looks, or Tom’s questioning glares. Glancing down at my clothes, it was safe to say they were completely and utterly drenched. And through my drenched shirt, it was clear that I had a bra on. But to my confusion my chest seemingly flattened and broadened before my eyes.

Phil and James shared a look and glared at Tom who shrunk under their glares. “Don’t look at me, Jon clearly wanted to get in the water” he stuttered as he glanced at my chest, “But I swear I felt something else.”

Phil shot Tom a look. “This stays between us” he said as he glanced at James and Tom, “When Jon is ready, he can explain himself, right guys”

“James shook his head as he seemingly tried to make sense of the situation, “Of course”

Tom just looked shocked as he muttered a half assed agreement and apology.

“That settles it” Phil said as he still glared at Tom, “Jon, I saw you had spare clothes in your bag. You can go chuck some of those on if you want.”

Without replying, I slowly pulled myself out of the pool and grabbed Tom’s towel. “Hey” Tom called out once he saw this, “get your own.”

But this comment was quickly silenced by James and Phil, who looked like they wanted to kill him. Ignoring all of them, I grabbed my phone and bag and walked into the bathroom. 

After locking the door I looked down, there was no doubt to what they saw. While my chest looked masculine again, the bra stood out through the wet shirt.

Ripping my shirt off, I glanced at my chest which was covered by the bra. Weirdly enough It seemed to be almost rippling. Rasing a trembling hand, I slowly lifted the bra to see underneath.

What lay beneath it was hard to describe. It was like a liquid metal had covered my chest and was pulsing with my every heartbeat. But before I had a chance to get a better look in the mirror, the rippling increased as it seemed to grow as it started to pulsate violently and gain volume. This only lasted about half a second before the liquid started to take shape and colour. And right before my eyes, it solidified into two small breasts again. Wiping sweat from my forehead, I let out a sigh of air I didn’t know I has holding.

I quickly pulled the bra completely off and closed my eyes to wring the water. What just happened? When the bra felt like most of the water was gone, I decided to slip it on again.

Quickly grabbing a shirt from my bag, I threw I over my body.

Groaning I pulled my shorts down but I stopped myself from pulling my underwear off though. That would be fine, right? Sighing I stepped into a new pair of shorts and pulled them up. Throwing the wet clothes into my bag, I let out a shuddering breath. What was happening to me?

37