The next day
697 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gasping, I shot up in my bed, the fleeting remnants of a nightmare slipping away into the depths of my memory. Opening my eyes, I could barely see through the engulfing darkness of night. The faint flickering of the streetlights through the open window allowed me to only see the faint outline of my bedroom.

A knock on my door echoed through the room and I glanced at the door handle. Slowly, the lock started to creak as it slowly undid itself. Slowly, the door swung open to reveal my Mum standing in the shadows.

“What is wrong with you Jonathan” she whispered as I froze in fear. She took one step forwards before glaring at me, “Why did you want this”.

“What” I managed to choke out as she stared at me, “you think I wanted this”. Pulling the bedsheets over my feminine form I sat up and winced as she took another heavy step forwards.  “I just want to go back to normal” I meekly stuttered as I felt my heart skip a beat.

“Don’t lie to me” she growled as the walls slowly started to close in around me. Stifling a scream, I froze as the shadows started to shift on the walls as hands started to reach out of them.

“You might be able to lie to yourself but you can’t lie to me” she whispered quietly as she took another heavy step towards me, her mouth starting to foam as she reached my bed.

“Do you honestly think you will be accepted as a freak” she shouted as she stood over me.

“Just wake up already, no one will accept you” she screamed causing the window of my bedroom to shatter. Instantly, the room fell into darkness as the shadowy hands shot out to grab me before a flash of silver filled my vision.

 

I jerked upwards as I felt the light splatter of rain on my sweat covered forehead. Brushing the strands of wet hair out of my face, I could just see the faint flickering of the morning sun as it tried to shine through the dark clouds above.

Glancing up, I could see rain slowly entering my room through the slightly opened window. My heart skipped a beat as I quickly sat up and closed the window.

Looking out of the window I could see the rain lightly falling over the wet grass as waves of water filled the street gutters. A singular bird broke the almost complete silence as is began its morning song. Quickly, a bark from across the street sounded out as the delicate silence was broken.

Hearing a groan and the creak of floorboards from downstairs brought me back into the present as I realised my mum was awake.

A feeling of dread filled my chest as I glanced back into my room to see the damp carpet next to my bedside table. Mum was going to kill me. Quickly, I threw the first piece of clothing I could find over the wet patch to hide it from my Mum’s peering eyes.

Brushing the wet hair out of my eyes for what seemed like the fifth time, I slowly walked to the mirror as an unexplainable feeling filled my body. Whatever traces of masculinity my body had hung onto were lost over the course of the night leaving me in full blown femininity.

Reaching out to touch the reflection I caught a glimpse at my now slender hands. Looking down at my hand my heart stopped I caught a glimpse at my unbuttoned nightshirt barely covering my small breasts.

Slowly raising a hand to cup them I stopped and closed my eyes. Imagining my old male chest, I let my hand hover over my chest for a second. “The weekend was just a dream” I muttered to myself as I hesitated, “They aren’t really there.”

letting out a puff of air, I slowly lowered my hand to my chest. Going to take a breath, I sputtered and froze as my hand connected to my chest. Quickly a shock ran through my body and my hand continued on its trajectory and pushed into my body.

A tingling went down my spine as I opened my eyes. My hand had pushed the thin shirt into my body as the skin I was touching took on the now-familiar silvery state. Taking in a deep breath I felt my body shudder as I pulled my hand out.

A headache started to quickly build as I raised my hand and rubbed my temple. It quickly spiked into a migraine as pins and needles covered my chest causing me to quickly look up and stumble over to my bed.

As I went to lay in bed, I caught a glimpse of my body in the mirror and froze. My chest was flat. A faint pain slowly started to fill my body replacing the numbness as I felt the headache start to lessen.

Suddenly I felt my chest cramp again and the pain vanished. Quickly, my chest started to flow back into its correct form. The pain slowly started to fade but it only truly stopped after my body had returned to normal.

Feeling a dull pain in my chest, I slowly sat down as I glanced at my body. ‘Maybe I could be normal again’ I thought as a bottomless pit opened in my stomach. ‘Did I even want that’ I thought as I quickly shook my head, stupid nightmare.

Before I could try anything, I heard a knock on my door as Mum’s voice called out, “Hurry up and wake up Jonathan, it’s Monday. I’m coming in to make sure you are awake.”.

Quickly glancing down, I saw my clearly female body sitting in my old clothes. Looking up I saw my lock slowly begin to unlock as she pried it open. Like a recreation of my nightmare, the lock slowly continued to turn as my heart rate sped up.

Damn you shitty door locks.

Basically begging my body to return to normal, I felt a painful shock run through my entire body as my joints went stiff. Following this shock, my entire body slowly turned numb and a sliver flash filled my vision.

Glancing down I saw my skin turning silver and shifting around as it was forced into place. Letting out a groan and closing my eyes, I felt a dull headache begin to build as the door was finally thrown open.

“Get up” I heard Mum groan as walked into the room. “Why do you look pale” she said as she glanced at me, “you’re not sick are you?”

Shocked, I opened my eyes and looked down at my body, which was now clearly masculine.

“I’m feeling fine” I managed to say in a slightly out of pitch voice as I watched her give me a once over. Clearly not believing me she scoffed and turned around and walked out of the room.

She spun on her heel and shot me a look of annoyance. “Just hurry up and get ready for school. And try not to get anyone else sick today” she said as she basically slammed my door shut. Letting out a pained breath I ran over and locked the door as I heard her slowly walk away mumbling to herself.

Starting to sweat, I started to slowly turn in the mirror as I looked at my now male appearance. Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I let out a breath of relief as the numbness started to slowly turn into a dull ache.

My heart started to fall as I came to a realisation, ‘I was normal again.’

Letting out another pained sigh and against better judgment, I slowly walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen.

Ignoring the slightly cold tiles, I walked into the kitchen to see Mum standing behind the counter buttering 2 pieces of toast. Glancing at me she put the plate of buttered toast on the table.

“Hurry up Jonathan” She grumbled as she walked out of the kitchen and into the garage leaving me alone.

Sitting down at I took a couple of quick bites of the toast. Taking I bite I almost gagged at the tasteless food that entered my mouth. Spitting it out I took another bite and was met with the same lack of taste. Quickly eating the rest of the tasteless toast I dumped the crusts in the bin.

Walking into my bedroom I slipped out of my pyjama shirt and began to dig through my clothes basket. After placing my clothes on my bed I glanced over at the mirror.

Seeing my old male chest caused me to take a sharp breath and I felt my fragile control slip. My skin immediately took on the slivery tone and flowed back to female proportions. Blushing, I averted my eyes from my now bare chest as I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

Closing my eyes, I stood there for a second as I let the dull pain pass. A shout from downstairs caused me to groan as the pain disappeared. Forcing the temptation to open my eyes out of my head, I tried to change back.

A small tingle spread over my body as it once again became silvery. Opening my eyes I gazed at my skin which had taken on the texture of flowing metal that dully reflected faint sunlight. Despite my metallic skin, my face was still clearly human aside from my blue eyes which now faintly glowed.

Letting out a breath I glanced down at my chest to see two small bulges of silver lacking any mark of my gender. Looking down further a hand hesitantly clasped my crotch to find a smooth surface. At the thought of what was down there a tingling went through my body. Glancing at the mirror again I saw a ripple go through my body as my clothes seemingly fell through my body onto the floor.

Groaning I glanced at the mirror to see my silver body standing there as the sun began to break through the dark clouds, the beams of light shining onto my body. This allowed for each beam to faintly reflect off my body showing the lack of masculinity on my metallic body.

For a second I gazed at my curves and skin. I would have fit right in as a statue in the art gallery. If it weren’t for my glowing eyes, it would have been hard to tell if I was even alive.

Avoiding the temptation to keep looking I adverted my eyes and reached out towards my school pants. A faint tingling went throughout my body as I felt a tug in my gut. Opening my eyes I saw my school pants pulled into the air by my belt buckle as they flew into my hand.

A gasp emanated through the room as I saw the random metallic objects on my desk shakily floating in the air. Closing my eyes I felt the faint tingling disappear. Opening my eyes i glanced around the room to see nothing out of the ordinary. I must have been seeing things.

Shaking my head I glanced towards the mirror to see my bare metallic form. Quickly I closed my eyes and imagined my old body as pins and needles spread through my body. My metallic skin unnaturally jerked and slid into male proportions before it took the texture of my normally pale skin.

Shaking my head while muttering I slowly began to pull the pair of slightly baggy black pants on along with my school shirt before stumbling out of my bedroom and towards the garage.

 

As I sat down in the car, I felt the dull pain begin to fill my body. Letting out a silent groan the car started, and it took off down the street.

The dull pain spread to my crotch before something popped and something down there shifted. Pretending to look down at my phone, I glanced at my once again flat crotch which was barely noticeable through my pants.  

Stifling a couple of colourful words I glanced up to look out the windows into the quiet streets. As the car drove past the quite suburban streets, I could see Mum's worried face as she gripped steering wheel. She looked like she wanted to say something but kept her mouth shut.

Only as we pulled up to the school, she gathered the courage and gave me a worried glance. “Be careful today” she said as she watched me open the door. “Stay away from sick people, I’ve heard there is a bad flu going around” she said as I got out of the car.

Giving her a nod, I walked around to the boot and popped it open. As I went to grab my school bag I froze at the sight of a smaller black sports bag. Slowly, I reached out a shaking hand and grabbed my normal bag before closing the boot leaving my sports bag in there.

As I began to walk away, I saw Mum look at me for a second before the boot popped open once again as the passenger window opened. “You forgot your swimming bag” she called out to me as I turned around.

Slowly I walked back to the boot and grabbed it out. At least I tried… right?

“Have a good day” Mum called out as the car took off. Taking a second to watch Mum take-off down the street, I felt a pain run through my body and I ran towards the toilets.

Letting out an almost girlish groan, I felt my body begin to slowly begin flow underneath my clothes. Looking down I was glad to see my skin failed to take the metallic texture as I tried to force the changes back.

Glancing at the toilets I dashed into one of the stalls. Slamming the stall door shut, I groaned as the pain as my entire body took on the liquidus state and flowed back into place.

Before I had a chance to recover, I felt a surge of pain as pins and needles covered my body as even the slightest movement caused waves of pain to flow through my entire body.

Letting out a strained breath, I blew the brown strands of hair out of my eyes as I glanced down. My ill-fitting shirt was damp with sweat as my hips strained against my pants.

Slowly, after a couple of minutes, the pain faded leaving me leaning against the stall door covered In sweat. Feeling a sinking feeling in my chest I looked down at my body.

 Taking in a deep breath, I forced my body back into its male form as a feeling of numbness spread over my body.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I opened the door and started to walk toward the crowds of people surrounding the lockers. As I got closer It was clear the normally loud conversations were quiet whispers within the more close-knit groups. Even within the large groups, there was a tense unknown as they silently watched everyone. What was going on?

This is not getting dropped... even if it takes me a while to upload a chapter

24