PROLOGUE
87 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What a splendid and wonderful trip! Spending all day stuck in a car to move to a city I don’t like! Just perfect right?”

I say this to my father who’s driving his old car. A pickup that probably saw more years than I did, this fucking stale atmosphere keeps getting on my nerves, the bluish hint of the ambient that just screams boring. The worst part was the name Goodplace for fucks sake.

“Well I am a little bit angry with the fact we were forced to move to a new city too Damien”

My father said with a visible effort to keep calm, I guess me torturing him since we left began to tickle his nerves. You could see a vein appearing on his forehead a telltale sign he was pissed.

Oh yeah let me introduce my father. His name is William, quite the hard worker if I had to say. After all, even before I was born he worked for Max Corporation which is a pretty big factory on our old city. Besides that, my old man never really did anything, the only reason we moved is because he got a promotion and that involved moving to this cursed city

Well the fucker is still quite in shape for his age. I guess being a metal worker has it’s perks? Besides his clearly muscular body, his face is pretty unremarkable just a straight chin with a big red nose and a balding spot on his gray hair, his eyes a mild black. Summing up an ordinary man.

However right now I need to be very careful with my words or else he may explode and that wouldn’t be good …

“Oh yeah? I thought you didn’t have to take the promotion right? Don’t be a hypocrite when you actually loved getting out of our city. You even dragged me in this mess. “

Well… sometimes things don’t go as planned after you open your mouth, in my case it happens more than I’d like.

While I did say that, my face scrunched up right after since in the end I’m also a hypocrite only caring about me. That may be true but I will never admit it out loud.

Instead of the fury stricken father I envisioned he answered in a mild tone after a deep sigh.

“Damien I am sorry I want something better. Your old man isn’t at an age he can keep doing heavy work and be just fine. because of that, this job is something that may save myself some years, I’m sorry for being so egoistical.”

After saying that he placed his hand out of the pickup and stared ahead in deep thought.

This guy! Now I’m feeling bad for being so self-centered,

I don’t really respond and we just drive the rest of the way as I sit in silence trying not to feel guilty.

The night starts to fall and I close my jacket as the wind gets cold. That old jeans jacket with “I’m awesome” inscribed in the back is one of the little things I brought from home. That and my trusted knife not that I used it before but my father gave it to me when I was young and I liked it a lot. Since them it goes with me everywhere in quite the ritualistic way.

I did get in trouble for bringing it to school before, and since them I hide it in my waist before going anywhere, not that it matters right now.

While the car keeps moving I start to drift apart to sleep land. The last thing I remember is the sound of the car engine and bam I slept.

However pretty soon my dad wakes me up which actually managed to scare the fuck out me.

“Damien wake up we reached our new place.”

My father said pushing me until I get out from the car.

“Help me get our stuff to the house before it turns to morning”

I get off the car and take a look at our new house.

The first thought is that father must be getting way more money than what I expected.

The house is two stories high and has a pretty new feel to it. Hard to know for sure because it’s night but it seems good, remarkable good.

While moving my things I ask father trying to get some info on the house.

“So old man that is THE new house? Seems quite big.”

My father looks a bit surprised I started the conversation, but he swiftly responds

“yeah it’s the company’s another perk of coming here “

I admit that for a second I kind of liked the idea but the edge teenager within me didn’t let me declare it.

“Anyways let’s get inside, the air is pretty chilly outside “

My father interrupted my inner monologue and I realized that my jacked wasn’t helping so much anymore and speed up the process.

After 10 minutes everything is inside.

Well almost everything it seems I forgot a box of clothes in the car but I don’t plan to go get it right now. In fact, my plan is to go get some sleep, however I have a whole house to explore before that and I decide to start from the beginning: the entrance.

Nothing spectacular here there are only the stair to the second floor and a connection to the kitchen and living room which surprising was furnished shit, I’m liking this new job dad has.

The living room has a couch with some stains and a pretty dilapidated fireplace. I guess you can’t have everything, but it does have a pretty big television and ohhh boy I’m ready for that.

The kitchen has as expected a stove which seems new, a fridge, which surprisingly was one of the latest models.

While I was looking dad interrupted my exploration time.

“Damien you better sleep, you are going to school tomorrow. “

He said while checking the place. As I said a hypocrite but so am I.

“well I guess this time you are right. “

I was beginning to feel sleepy so that came out without me thinking. Fucking hell, I always say shit I don’t want to.

“good, your room is upstairs first left “

My father said as his cell phone rang.

He quickly took the call and went outside. Pretty weird who would call him at this time of the night?

Anyways I swiftly go upstairs planning to explore but my sleep deprived brain doesn’t think so. I cut myself short and go to bed. Tomorrow should be pretty exhausting.

_____________________________________________________________________

I get woken up by my father the next day and express my morning love to him.

“Motherfucker stop pushing me.”

I say trying to get up.

“hahahahaha look at those dark circles. I bet the kids will think you’re a vampire. “

My father keeps laughing while fixing his tie.

I take a good look at him and a slight grim escape me.

“Oh guess you’re right. I mean since my father also looks like a vampire what can I do right? Maybe they’ll think we’re a vampire family “

His smile cracks for a moment and he quickly changes subjects once I have a grasp on our mutual weakness

“Anyways go get ready, I need to drop you off at school.”

He leaves after that getting ready for work.

I yell while he leaves.

“Hey don’t forget to drink your morning blood Dracula! “

His back is turned but I swear the old man is laughing his ass off.

After this bit of morning banter I unpack my clothes and get ready.

I may be an edge teenager and all but I want to impress some girls too you know.

After choosing for a moment I decide on the good old fedora and suit combination becoming the king of weaboos on the first day, and getting girls hearts whenever I tip the fedora and say m’lady

No fucking way I ain’t the popular type but I also ain’t the weirdo. I hope…

After some clothe picking I get dressed and go to the mirror.

Nothing I can do about the dark circles but the rest looks fine to me.

In the mirror I can see my reflection. 5’9’’ black hair, thin, a pretty average face except my eye bags. That shit was huge.

While getting downstairs I see father in the kitchen with some coffee and a sandwich he looks at me and says.

“Grab a sit and eat something. We’ll be leaving in a moment.”

“You know I don’t have any school supply right?”

I say only in passing because he didn’t seem to realize but oh boy my father is pretty surprising.

“What do you mean? What about your old school supply?”

He says as his face quickly crumbles once realization dawns upon him.

“Oh those are all used already. Surely you are just joking right? I did tell you I needed school supply right?”

I said as my brain tries to understand my father’s mind and after failing reaches the astounding conclusion: he’s dumb.

After a moment he finishes his breakfast and says with a small grin.

“Well I’ll buy it tomorrow. I mean you can lend some stuff and get by for a day right?“

Speechless.

I am just speechless.

That motherfucker!

“Oh yeah no problem asshole. Let’s go before I also get late. I mean nothing against the late part though.”

We laugh a little and go to the car.

I hope I don’t need any materials at school. Who am I Lying to, I’m fucked. At the very least it should be fun.

After a while my father drops me at school.

We say our heartwarming goodbyes.

“see you later old man”

“love you too fucker “

Well, what can I say? the old man isn’t the type to watch his mouth and neither am I.

After our farewells I take a look at the school.

Nothing fantastic it’s a pretty normal high school I speed up since I am a little late,

After a while I realize a mistake I’ve made

I have absolutely no idea where to find my classroom, luckily I’m surprisingly the social type. Quickly I spot a few guys talking near the lockers,

prey spotted it’s time to put the social Damien act.

“hey excuse me guys”

They look at me seemingly annoyed I interrupted their talk.

“what do you want? “

The one in the center says in quite the harsh tone.

I remain calm since I need some information.

“hey you fucker is that how you talk to your daddy little shit?”

Opps I did it again fuck me.

“are you for real bitch?”

The center one says as he tries to approach me

Before that I take a second look on them, there’s three of them a fatty fucker to my right a normal looking guy to the left and the center one he’s wearing a sports jacket and has some gang tattoos, seems pretty tough.

He comes close and holds my shirt as I elaborate a plan to fuck them up.

I did have my fair share of street fights and let me tell you something, the crazier one always wins.

As he holds me I say “yeah asshole”

At the same time, I kick his balls

he immediately let go of my shirt and knees on the ground.

I take a look at the other guys but they seem frozen in place.

“inexperienced weebs”

As he is on his knees I quickly kick his head throwing him to the ground.

After that I give the others no time and run to the guy on my left.

I immediately head-butt his nose and he falls down so I mount on him and start throwing punches.

Finally, the fatty reacts and pushes me off from his friend.

However now is pretty late since I turned this 3 vs 1 into a 1v1 against the fatty.

I quickly take off my shirt and stand up while we have some distance between us,

The fatty tries to rush me however he is a pretty shit fighter and so I easily dodge his punches and grab his arm doing a judo move throwing him to the ground.

 I had some difficulties since he was heavy but it ended up well.

as I was going to finish them up I take a look around.

“shit what the fuck Damien you are at school you fucker”

as I look around I realize I really fucked up basically the whole school is looking at me, and some teachers seems to be coming.

as I was putting my shirt back and thinking possible excuses a girl approached me.

“hey dude nice fight, you beat the shit out of those faggots”

I look at her, she’s pretty, exactly my type of girl that one that exhales the scent of daddy issues.

dressed in black, a mole on her cheek, short green hair and a piercing on her nose.

“yeah it was easy they didn’t even fight back”

“interesting do you…

While she was talking a shot was fired in the school.

Immediately I feel a shock of pain cursing trough my back, I turn just in time to see the dude with the sports jacket pointing a pistol at me.

That fucker shot me, asshole I didn’t plan to die today.

But before I could say anything he fired twice at my chest before being put down by some students.

I feel the pain slowly subsiding and start thinking about my life.

“ at the very least I didn’t die a virgin “

Fuck I can’t believe those were my last words.

As I thought that everything became dark.

3