Chapter 4 – Blanket Heist
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blue follows Julie through the window and ends up in a familiar room.

The room has two beds in it, one on each side, and a desk near the window. There’s a closet near one of the beds.

April comes in through the window and looks around curiously. “So, is this your room?”

“Yes it is.” Blue softly mutters.

“Why would you ever leave this place?” Julie looks at the room and then at Blue.

Blue speaks with a firm tone. “I ran away for a reason, I'm not going back ever again.” 

Julie frowns “Alright I guess.“

“So who'd you share the room with” April jumps on one of the beds and lies down on it.

“My sister.” Blue doesn't want to be reminded of her and uncomfortably starts playing with her hair. 

“You have a sister? Then where is she?” April asks unknowingly.

Blue stares at the ground and doesn't respond.

For a while it remains silent.

“Hey Sam, are you alright?” A voice asks. It's not Julie or April.

Sam looks up to see who is talking to her.

In front of her Lilianne stands with a concerned face.

"Still thinking about the nightmare?” Lilianne puts her hand on Sam’s shoulder.

“I don't know what's real anymore. Are you dead? Are you a ghost or my imagination?” Sam says frustrated. 

Lilianne looks at Sam confused. “What do you mean? I'm alive, and certainly not something you made up. They say you have to pinch yourself if you want to know if it's real. If you feel pain it's real.”

Sam pinches her skin right away. “It hurts.”

Lilianne smiles. “Then I'm real right?”

“I guess so.” Sam still doesn't believe it.

“Sam, please get dressed before we become too late.” Lilianne removes her hand from Sam’s shoulder and walks towards the door.

Sam quickly dresses herself and joins her sister at the door. 

“There we go. Come let's get to the dining room.” Lilianne opens the door and leads Sam out.

Together they hurriedly walk towards the dining room. 

They arrive at a big door. Lilianne sighs and makes sure her outfit is okay. Then she opens the door and walks in. 

Sam follows behind her. Walking into the room she first notices her brothers waiting in a line.

“Lilianne, you're late.” An adult voice says.

“Yes, Mother, I'm sorry, Mother.” Lilianne hurriedly says while bowing.

“You know what we said about being late. No breakfast for you.” The mother says strictly.

Lilianne sighs. “I understand, Mother, I won't do it again.”

“Did I just hear you sigh?” The mother walks towards Lilianne and raises her hand.

“No, Mother.”

The mother slaps Lilianne’s face and raises her voice. “Did we raise a liar? I know what I heard!”

Lilianne just stands there, accepting whatever is thrown her way. “I am sorry, Mother.”

“You better be sorry. Now go sit at the table all of you.” The mother steps towards the table.

The four of them quietly sit down on their chairs and wait.

The mother hands a plate to everyone but Lilianne and then walks out of the room.

On the plate is a single slice of bread. Nothing more.

There's a complete silence between them and nobody grabs their plate.

Nick grabs his slice and gives it to Lilianne, but before he can reach her Thomas grabs his hand.

“Don’t.” Thomas says coldly.

Lilianne sighs. “It’s fine, don’t worry about me.”

Sam looks at Lilianne with guilt. “Do you need a piece of mine?”

“No, it’s fine. Just eat it already and be done with it.” Lilianne impatiently replies.

Like that time quickly passes until they’re finished.

Thomas stretches his arms. “Free time, finally.”

Lilianne strolls to the door and looks back over her shoulder to Thomas. “I need to talk to you, let’s go.”

“But my free time!” Thomas complains as he follows Lilianne.

Sam and Nick are left alone in the dining room.

Nick taps Sam on the shoulder and runs out of the room. “Tag! You’re it!”

“Hey, that’s cheating! I wasn’t prepared!” Sam shouts as she chases Nick.

Hall after hall Sam chases Nick, not catching up to him. Suddenly she loses sight of him.

“Nick, where are you?” Sam calls out, but nothing responds.

She carefully moves into the next hall. But still nothing.

“...an’t… .lis.. ..onc..” A voice shouts.

Following the voice Sam arrives near a room. She stays silent while trying to eavesdrop.

“Don’t you dare order me!” The voice clearly belongs to Thomas.

‘So this is where they went? What room is it?’ Sam still doesn’t move, curious as to what they are talking about.

“Oh come on, you see it too right? There’s no way you don’t see it!” Lilianne snarls at Thomas.

Thomas argues back. “So what if I see it? We talked about this before, I’m not gonna agree with your methods and you know it.” 

“I will make sure you follow my orders. You don’t have a choice in it.” Lilianne firmly states.

“Oh? So you’re using that? The power of your blood to make me follow your orders? What a joke, you know you’re not powerful enough to use it yet.” Thomas laughs.

“Wanna bet on it?” Lilianne speaks with confidence.

“No way? You figured out a way to use it without enough power?” Thomas replies shocked.

“My method is standing outside the door.” Lilianne says while opening the door.

Suddenly Sam stands eye to eye with Lilianne. Lilianne’s face has a smirk on it, it looks creepy.

Lilianne grabs Sam’s hand and pulls her into the room. The room has no windows and all the walls are black. Thomas is sitting on the floor in the middle of the room.

“You’re gonna combine your powers? Just for this? You know how dangerous that is!” Thomas shouts, he looks worried.

“That’s so unlike you, to care about danger.” Lilianne sarcastically remarks.

“I don’t care what happens to any of you. But don’t involve me in it, I don’t care that you’re suicidal, but I’m not.” Thomas snarls.

Lilianne laughs at Thomas. “All you gotta do is follow my orders and there won’t be any risk. Easy right?”

“Well, fuck you too. I’ll follow your orders for now but you better know that I’m gonna complain about it the whole time.” Thomas sighs dejectedly.

“See, told you you would follow my orders.” Lilianne smiles at Thomas and lets go of Sam’s hand.

Blue’s vision fades again. When it returns she’s back in her room with April and Julie.

“Are there more rooms with blankets here? Our little princess feels like two aren’t enough” Julie changes the subject with a tease to April.

“Hmm? Oh ehm yeah there’s one in front of this one.” Blue responds distracted.

“Great, let’s make the blankets into a bag so we can carry more stuff.” Julie happily grabs the blanket in front of her and carries it on her shoulder like a bag.

“More stuff? What else are you planning on taking?” April replies shocked.

Julie opens the closet searching for things to take with her. “This whole place is deserted, we better take the chance to take whatever we need now. Like for example clothing, or are you planning on wearing the same outfit everyday?”

April thinks a bit before responding. “That’s… A great idea actually?”

“Of course it is, why would I come with stupid ideas?” Julie says pridefully while looking at the clothes in the closet. “Let’s grab everything here, we’re gonna need it, probably.”

Blue looks at her clothes with a bit of sadness. “At least they are guaranteed to fit me.”

“That’s the positivity we need!” Julie happily says while putting the clothes in the blanket bag.

April gets off the bed and grabs the blanket, putting it as a bag like Julie did. “Can we take the pillows as well? Cause those are very comfy!”

“Of course, we need enough pillows for our palace or it won’t be good enough for the princess.” Julie teasingly says.

“There’s nothing wrong with wanting comfort!” April says to defend herself.

“Of course not princess, you require royal comfort.” Julie opens the door and strolls to the other door opposite of the room they just came from. “Is this the other room?”

“Yes, it is.” Blue follows Julie and opens the door. The room is exactly like the previous one but mirrored.

“Four blankets as loot isn’t so bad. Maybe we should come here more often!” Julie happily hums while gathering loot. She hands over a blanket to Blue. “Here carry one too, can’t have us do all the work, eh?”

Blue grabs the blanket and puts a pillow in it. “So what now?”

Julie opens the closet once again to grab all the clothes. “Well what other rooms do you know? Something like a kitchen? Or any special storehouses?”

Blue thinks and says. “I don’t know.”

“Oh well, let’s find out.” Julie walks out the door again and looks around the hallway. She points to the right side. “Let’s go that way.” And then walks to the right side.

“Hey Julie, don’t just leave us behind!” April shouts and runs after Julie.

Julie abruptly stops, making April bump into her.

“Hey watch out, don’t just stop!” April complains.

Julie ignores April while staring at the left side. “I thought you said there weren’t any people at this time of the day?”

“There shouldn’t be any?” Blue runs towards Julie with confusion.

Now April stares at the left side. “...”

Blue arrives next to Julie and follows her gaze. Her gaze leads to a window that has vision on a garden. 

“There’s someone in the garden.” Julie warns.

“Where?” Blue asks while looking.

Before someone can answer that Blue sees the answer herself. A little boy runs around from one tree to another.

“I don’t know him.” Blue says confused.

“Well, let’s go meet him then.” Julie walks towards the garden entrance.

April hurriedly walks towards Julie and whispers something to her. “..s...th...g…. green....ri..”

Julie simply responds. “Yes.” She opens the door. The little boy notices the door opening and runs towards them.

The boy has auburn red hair, in a spiky hair style. He looks to be around 4 years old and his face still has the cute baby face. With bright green eyes he definitely stands out.

He looks at the trio and ends his gaze on Blue. “Sis!” he shouts as he runs at Blue and hugs her.

“Ehm what?” Blue just stands there and doesn’t know what to do.

“I’m Vincent, but everyone calls me Vince. Nice to meet you, sis!” The boy declared.

Thanks for reading, please rate it or leave a review. That helps a lot in telling me if you like it or not. Comments work too Tongue

I was writing a chapter yesterday, at night and all, and I got so distracted. Had to do some research, and got hooked by what I found. Also still didn't find some things I wanted to know. But hey, even with all the distractions, I finished it! At 3:28am. Also did some editing on it until 5am. I'm not sure where my sleep is supposed to fit in. Maybe it doesn't have to fit in, who needs sleep?

Anyways same as always, if you see any mistake please comment it.

0