Chpater 12 – Lunch {Edited}
7.8k 7 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went downstairs, to the dining room, and I was greeted with a familiar and pleasant sight.

 

“Hey Taka-chan”

 

“Hi Takashi, take a seat. The table is almost ready”

 

“Sure, thanks mom”

 

Yuria was finishing preparing all the food on the table and Anna was already taking a seat.

 

Anna-nee hadn’t changed from what she was wearing before, a slightly tight shirt in a light gray color and a loose above knee-length white skirt.

 

Yuria was wearing a conservative blouse in a light purple color and a tight navy blue skirt that ended a little above the knees. Usually, she would be using an apron as well but this time she wasn’t, something that was common when it was time for us to eat.

 

I couldn’t help but stare at Yuria every time I saw her. Every gesture of hers transmitted the feeling of a gentle and caring mother and housewife. The way she smiled at me and my sisters, the care and tenderness that she put in the food we eat, and the diligence she puts in taking care of the house. In every aspect, I could imagine she was the ideal housewife.

 

Which is why I had a very hard time associating her with the images I had from my memories.

 

The moment I recovered my memories from her I felt a great shock. It was impossible for me to associate the Yuria that I had known for the last two years with the nymphomaniac that appeared in my memories. The moment I directly looked at her after remembering those images I couldn’t take them out of my mind. Ever since then, I had a hard time in look at her directly in the eyes.

 

Including now.

 

I sat at the table and started to peruse what we were going to eat, trying to avoid looking directly at Yuria. Apparently, today we were going to eat leftovers since I could see many different things, a roast, risotto, spaghetti with meatballs and a few other things.

 

“Leftovers?”

 

“Yes. It took more time than I imagined to buy everything that I needed from the grocery store. I only had time to warm up these things” said Yuria in an apologetic tone.

 

“That’s okay Mom. All you do is delicious, even if it’s reheated” assured Anna-nee.

 

“She’s right Mom. There’s no problem” I said.

 

She smiled at us, happy with our words.

 

“By the way, where’s Rina? I called her already but she didn’t answer” said Yuria.

 

“You want me to bring her mom?” asked Anna-nee.

 

“That’s probably not a good idea” I said without thinking.

 

“Really? Why isn’t it?” asked Anna-nee.

 

Both Anna-nee and Yuria were looking at me now, curious as to why I said it wasn’t a good idea. I found myself in a tough spot, not knowing exactly what I should say.

 

“Uhh, well, it’s just that... I just won her in a bet, so she probably is sulking in her room. She probably won’t come until a leave the table”

 

“...Really? Just for that, she won’t come?” asked Anna-nee.

 

“It really doesn’t seem like a good reason for not coming to lunch” agreed Yuria.

 

“Well, we all know how competitive she is when playing games. I’ll finish eating quickly so she can come” I said.

 

“There’s no need for that Takashi. If she doesn’t want to come then she can eat later” said Yuria.

 

“...well, if Mom is okay with it then I guess that’s fine” relented Anna-nee.

 

I could see that Anna-nee still wasn’t completely convinced by my explanation, but for now, it was enough that she and Yuria would drop the subject momentarily. I was fairly certain that Rina would never tell the two of them why she didn’t want to look at me now, so I was relatively relieved for the moment.

 

The lunch preceded in a relatively calm mood. We engaged in small conversations sometimes, talking about relatively small matters for some time. At some point, however, Yuria had a strange expression, as she had just noticed something that she should have before, looking at nothing.

 

“Mom, is something wrong?” I asked.

 

“Huh?! N-No, nothing wrong Takashi” she said, blushing a little for some reason.

 

Just then I noticed that Anna-nee also had a dazed expression like she was caught by surprise by something. Hearing our voices caused her to blink a little and to turn back her attention to the food, with a very light shade of pink on her cheeks.

 

I was curious about why that was happening. It was the first time that something like that had ever happened while we were eating.

 

Maybe it’s an effect of that skill?

 

I hadn’t made any experiments on all the specific ways that my skills could work, but the way that the two of them were behaving could only be explained as a result of the skill [Pheromone Aura(Passive)].

 

I didn’t think that acting rashly now would do me any good, so I asked something to direct our conversation on a more harmless and innocent path.

 

“By the way Mom, do you know how much time until the movers next door go away?”

 

“When I passed there the truck was already gone and there was a car in front of the house” said Yuria.

 

“Really? Well, that’s a relief. They have been a real nuisance for the last few days” I said.

 

“What do you think our new neighbors will be like?” asked Anna-nee.

 

“I don’t know but we might soon find out. I was thinking of going to greet them since they are new to the neighborhood” suggested Yuria.

 

“Oh, how nice. Can I come too?” asked Anna-nee.

 

“That would be nice. Do you want to come as well Takashi?” asked Yuria.

 

“Sure”

 

Like that, our lunch progressed and ended smoothly.

113