131 – The Eldest Sister’s Celebration (1/2)
1.9k 10 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

The small house that Rudy built for Norn to have for herself in the courtyard of the tower.

There, Norn was sitting in a comfy squishy chair that Rudy made. Across from her, standing with her gaze lowered, was Kishirika.

"This One apologizes for worrying you." Kishirika mumbled and bowed her head. "This One will not make the mistakes again."

Norn smiled and then reached out to path Kishirika's head. "It's okay. But you're my friend, so I don't want you getting hurt or disappearing. So... please don't run away anymore."

Kishirika's eyes widened and then she looked away. "H-Hmph. O-Only because This One thinks you're that pathetic."

"Tsundere." A cute baby's voice. From the corner of the room, Stella stared at Kishirika and said, "Be honest."

Kishirika blushed and crossed her arms. "T-This One does not have to answer to-"

"I'mma tel Nii-cha."

Kishirika immediately prostrated and pressed her head on the ground. "This One apologizes."

Norn laughed and then looked outside her house.

Her Big Sisters had just dropped off Kishirika and went off somewhere in secret.

Big Brother Rudy wasn't with them though, so Norn was a bit concerned.

She looked to Stella and said, "Do you think Big Brother is okay?"

Stella nodded and petted her white cat. "Nii-cha is a cheat. He will be fine."

Norn frowned and said, "Why do you keep saying Big Brother is a cheat? He isn't cheating on Big Sister Eris or Big Sister Sylphy." She paused. "...Is he?"

Big Sister Eris was always complaining about how Papa was creepy and how the Greyrat males were a bunch of degenerate perverts.

Papa never cheated on Mama or Mama Lily though. Even though they weren't around, he never talked to other women or touched them, even after all those noble ladies got really weird when he became a Sword God.

...But her cousin Luke definitely was a pervert. Even though he was supposed to be helping Sister Ariel with things, he went around poking through her clothes and staring at girls all day.

He even tried confessing to Big Sis Eris one time.

One time.

After she beat him black and blue, Cousin Luke became a lot more discreet and never looked at Big Sis Eris again.

...Though Norn noticed that Cousin Luke gave her icky weird stares sometimes too.

They stopped when she told Papa though.

That was also the same time Cousin Luke got a scar over his left eye and started limping around for a month.

But anyway...

Big Brother wasn't like that, was he? Even surrounded by so many beautiful women, Big Brother always stared them in the eyes and treated them respectfully.

If anything, it was her Big Sisters who were perverts, clinging to Big Brother and making those embarrassing noises all night...

Stella paused and said, "Nii-cha does not cheat on girls. But he has a lot of girls."

Kishirika laughed and said, "Of course! A manly Demon Lord is one who holds many different women! That's what Badi said!"

"Really now?"

Kishirika flinched and spun around. "Y-You!? A-Are you a ghost!? Is that why you have such white hair, perfect skin, and handsome looks!?"

Rudy gave Kishirika a serious nod and said, "That's right. I died a long time ago and just showed up in this world to mess with people. Especially troublesome children like you."

"Kyaaaaa!" Kishirika screamed and ducked behind Norn. "This One doesn't want to die forever!"

"Don't we all?" Rudy sighed and then walked over to Norn, smiling. "Hey there, Norn. Did you miss me?"

Norn jumped off her chair and ran over to hug Rudy. "Yes! I missed you a lot, Big Brother!"

He laughed and patted Norn's back. "Sorry it took so long. I had to stay a bit and chat with a new employee."

Kishirika turned to Rudy and gave him a weird look. "Employee?"

"Yep." Rudy nodded and said, "And that was after a lot of negotiation." He frowned and muttered, "It's the first time that I've had to negotiate up instead of down." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "She was a hard sale too. Had to talk her out of swearing eternal loyalty."

"Jiiii." Stella stood up in her crib and stared at Rudy. "Nii-cha. Ba-"

"Stop that, Stella. You're becoming a two-bit gag character. Be better."

Stella flinched and then fell back on her butt, eyes wide in shock and utter disbelief. After that, she placed her hands on her head and started muttering incoherently.

"Anyway." Rudy looked at Norn and said, "I got you a gift. There's going to be a lot more in the future, but this one's something I should have given you a long time ago."

Norn blinked and then tilted her head. "A gift?"

"Mmhm. Now, close your eyes first."

Norn did. She was a bit confused, but did as Big Brother Rudy said. After that, she felt something fall around her neck before a small warmth pressed against her chest. She blinked and opened her eyes to see a small golden pendant in the shape of heart.

"Big Brother?"

Rudy let out a sad smile and said, "I noticed how upset you were last time. I'm sorry I couldn't hear you calling, but if you do it again next time holding that, I'll tear through time and space to get to you, just like with Stella. Okay?" He patted Norn's head and said, "Don't think I don't love you just as much as Stella. You might be bigger now, but you're still my baby sister."

Norn's eyes widened and then her vision started to blur. "Big Brother...!" She reached out and hugged him tight.

"There, there. You've been through a lot, but I'm here now. Big Brother will make everything alright, okay? So don't worry."

"O-Okay..." Norn sniffed and then squeezed Rudy one more time. But after that, she stepped back, wiping her eyes.

Rudy frowned and said, "You don't have to force yourself, Norn."

"It's fine." She smiled and said, "Big Brother said it. You'll make everything alright. S-So there's no need to cry."

"...I guess this is a bad time to ask you to open the pendant then, huh?"

Norn blinked. "Open the pendant?" She frowned and then turned the pendant around to take a closer look. When she did, she noticed that there was a small button on the side and a latch.

Norn glanced back at Rudy.

Rudy waved his hand and said, "Go ahead and open it. But I think that it'll probably make you cry again..."

Norn shook her head. "I won't cry."

Right. She promised Big Brother Rudy, so she wouldn't cry, no matter what it-

The pendant clicked open. As it did, Norn felt the flow of mana shift before settling into an image.

And then she froze.

A beautiful woman with blonde hair, wrapping her arm around Papa. Another beautiful woman with red hair, standing on the other side with a faint smile on her face. Papa himself, standing there with a goofy smile.

On the blonde woman's left and hiding behind her, Norn could see a small girl with blonde hair and green eyes. A familiar one... Herself.

And standing in front of the beautiful woman with red hair was Aisha, grinning happy and carefree.

Then, sitting in the center of them all was a boy with white hair and bright green eyes. Holding a cute baby girl in his arms, he let out a happy smile. At the same time, the baby looked like she was yawning, oblivious to everything else.

Norn stared at the image for a bit before she looked up at Rudy.

He smiled and said, "I figured that it wasn't fair for Stella to be the only one with a family portrait to look at, so I made one for you too. It's not real since we never got the chance, but-"

Norn hugged Rudy again and pressed her head against his chest. "...Thank you, Big Brother. I love you."

"I love you too, Norn."

"Wait." Stella's voice. "...Nii-cha. Can my do that too?"

"Huh? Of course it can. Haven't you figured it out by now? I thought that was why you kept playing with it and called me all those times."

"...Atashi wa... baka desu ka?"

Rudy laughed and then patted Norn's head. "Anyway, be good and watch Stella and Kishirika for a bit longer, okay? There's a big surprise in store for you later."

Norn stepped back and nodded, brushing the tears out of her eyes again.

Kishirika huffed and said, "This One does not need to be-"

"Do you want to see what it's like to be raised by Sylphy?"

"This One apologizes."

"Thought so." Rudy waved at Stella and said, "Be good, Stella. I'll give you some more mana formations to play with later. And see you soon, Norn! I'll come pick you up when it's time."

"O-Okay, Big Brother."

A bit of a shorter chapter. We'll still be in Norn's POV for a bit, but we'll be time skipping about a year (from her perspective in the kingdom) and head off to Milis next chapter if all things go well. Next chapter will start with Norn's birthday celebration.

65