Chapter 1-The End And The Beginning
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I checked the time and it was already 7:34 pm. I strolled through the tight alley of our neighborhood and arrived in front of a normal house. I knocked lightly on the door and entered.

"I'm home."

As I stepped inside the house I was greeted by a woman wearing an apron. It was my mother.

"Welcome back, go and change so we can have dinner together."

"Is Father home?"

"He just arrived not too long before you did." My Mother said as she turned to go to our kitchen.

I went straight to my room and changed my clothes before following her to the kitchen.

When I arrived, my Mother was setting the table, and I saw my Father sitting on his usual place and smiled at him.

"How was your first day at work?" He asked.

"It was fine. Nerve-racking."

"Well, you'll get used to it."

"Yea...." I replied as I started eating my food, listening in on my parents conversation.

"What's the date today again?"

"It's October 15, why you ask?"

"I was just wondering when my package will arrive."

After I finished my food I quickly went to my room and grabbed the book that I've been reading for a while. As usual, it was a fantasy novel, since it's my favorite genre.

I enjoy learning about Elves, Dwarves, and many other fantasy races I've read in books.

As time passed, I eventually fell asleep still holding the book I was trying to finish.

I felt something poking my cheeks while I'm sleeping, but I chose to ignore it. It went on for a while but I was too tired to entertain it so, I just continued to ignore it. Eventually, the bed started shaking. I shot my eyes open as the tremors continued and realized that there was an earthquake.

I immediately ran towards the room of my parents to wake them up. On my way to their room, debris started to fall from the ceiling.

Before I could even hold the knob of their door my father had opened it already, carrying Mother on his back. I don't know what happened but she seems to have fallen unconscious. I quickly led them outside avoiding the debris and items falling everywhere due to all the shaking.

We were close to exiting the house when my eyes suddenly felt heavy. I turned around and saw my parents lying on the floor. And eventually, I too, lost consciousness.

~~~

I felt the heat of the sun on my skin as I slowly regained my senses. I opened my eyes, expecting to see the blue sky and destruction surrounding me. But what I saw completely surprised me more than I had thought.

The world seemed small in front of me. I quickly scanned my surroundings, looking for my parents, but aside from me, no other human being can be seen.

I looked down to check on myself for injuries. But I guess I need to get my eyes checked first.

This... ISNT MY BODY AT ALL! What is this? This 'body' doesn't even belong to that of a human! 

My whole body is full of gold that seems like scales. I nervously raised my hand, hoping to see 5 perfectly normal fingers attached to my palm but WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!... A claw?

Wait... Scales? Claw?

There is only one thing that comes to my mind when I think about scales and claws. It was an absolute existence that I read from the novel that I liked.

'Dragons'.

They are said to be the strongest beings. Beings who could fight even against Gods.

The first thing that came to my mind was that I got transported to another world as a dragon. But when I saw the buildings in front of me, it's more likely that I myself, become a dragon.

Just then, when I was thinking about the events that happened, something popped up in front of my eyes.

[Name: Kit Rixton

Age: 22

Gender: Male

Race: Gold Dragon]

I was surprised by the sudden text in front of me. But I quickly organized my thoughts as I remembered reading something about system panels in other novels.

While thinking about the weird situation I'm in, I suddenly realized that finding my parents comes first. So I started moving my giant body and walked around.

More than 30 minutes had passed since I started searching but I still can't find a single trace of them.

Our neighbors were also nowhere to be seen. I started to get anxious about what's going on. 

Moving my body was so hard since it was so big. 

When I was just about to make another step, I thought about wings.

 I'm a dragon. I should have wings right? What kind of dragon doesn't have one? I felt my body and tried to flap my back. And that's when I confirmed that I do have wings.

Everytime I flap my wings, buildings got destroyed and houses flew away.

There are probably people around here that could die because of my wings, yet I still continued. And not long, I started to float in the air.

I saw that almost all the buildings and houses within my sight got destroyed, probably because of the earthquake last night. But wherever I looked, I couldn't see a single person.

I started to fly further away from where I was, hoping to find other living beings like me. Just then, a text suddenly popped up in front of me again.

[Do you want to use 'Dragon Sense'?]

I don't know what 'Dragon Sense' is, but if it's talking about the senses of a dragon then it could be helpful.

I immediately agreed to it.

Strange things suddenly started entering my head. Different smells invaded my nostrils, and different sounds and noises went through my ears, but I still can't feel any living beings.

I began panicking. Because what if all human beings really did die except for me?

In the middle of panicking, another text appeared.

['Dragon's Lair' is currently activated. Any living beings that are within the senses of the Dragon cannot stay inside the lair without the permission of the owner.]

[All living beings are teleported outside the senses]

[Do you wish to Deactivate your 'Domain']

I stared blankly at the text in front of me and sighed.

"This ability is kinda selfish. Tsk!" I muttered as I turned the skill off.

Now, all the problems are solved. The only thing left to do is to find my parents.

I started flapping my wings to fly much further.

When I thought about how people are going to react when they see a dragon, I asked the system if there are any invisibility skills or something similar. But instead of getting an answer, another text just popped up again.

[Do you wish to 'Polymorph' in human form?]

I was so happy that I unconsciously flapped my wings strongly, and the ground started to vibrate.

That's when I realized how scary the strength of a dragon can be.

I immediately agreed to what the system said, and my body started to shrink. I touched my face but it was different than before. My skin felt so smooth and my body looked so fragile.

I remembered reading about how dragons in their human form are either really beautiful or really handsome. Either way, they're dashing.

I started to look for broken mirrors to see my reflection, but I didn't see one.

Instead, I saw water below my feet. That's when I saw my new appearance. Not to flatter myself, but my current face is undeniably handsome. It still holds similarities to my old appearance.

I quickly collected my thoughts, and just as I was about to flap my wings, I remembered that I don't have one since I'm in my human form. 

But logically thinking, there is no such thing as normal anymore in this world. Come to think of it, I am a dragon. A powerful being. So, I tried to ask the system if I can fly while using my polymorph skill.

[Flight Magic activated.]

"Wow." I muttered as my body started to float in the air.

'Dragons really are amazing' I thought as I started to fly towards where my senses are leading me.

I suddenly thought about what people would say if they saw a person flying. So I activated my senses keeping in mind that if a person is nearby I should land and start running instead. So that I wouldn't get too much attention.

Few minutes had passed since I started flying. I started to hear the heartbeats of multiple people due to my sharpened senses.

I quickly came down to the ground and started running.

My pace slowed down as I witnessed people scattered around, crying uncontrollably. But what surprised me were the abnormal changes of their appearances. Some had pointed ears and unusual white skin tones. Amidst the crowd, I saw my mother with the same traits. Pointed ears and whitened skin. I also saw familiar faces from my neighborhood. 

I quickly ran towards them, not noticing the stares of the people around me.

When I finally got close to them, my mother was still unconscious on my fathers arm. After checking up on her, I asked father what happened after we blacked out.

"I don't know, I just woke up here with the others. And by the time we did, your mother was already like this." My Father said, pertaining to mothers appearance with an anxious face.

I examined mothers state, taking notes of her new traits.

Long ears and white skin. Aside from that she looks so much younger than how I remembered her to be.

I took a quick glance at my surroundings.

Some of them had the same ears as my Mother, some became smaller and some developed a bigger physique.

Seeing the situation, there is only one reason I could think of that would've explain what's going on.

'We… got turned into different kinds of creatures.'

 

                             ***

At the same time all over the world...

[Name: Angeline Triana

Age: 19

Gender: Female

Race: Vampire]

"What's this...!?" A girl anxiously asked while looking around.

[Name: Kim Seong-Hoon

Age: 25

Gender: Male

Race: Dark Elf]

[Name: Kazuya Takashi

Age: 16

Gender: Male

Race: High Elf]

[Name: Stefani Gonzales

Age: 20

Gender: Female

Race: Human]

[Name: Robert Smith

Age: 32

Gender: Male

Race: Dwarf]

[Name: Blazh Yohanes

Age: 27

Gender: Male....]

[Name: Dean Clive

Age: 16.....]

"Sh*t!...Just what!?"

"Hey! What's with this?"

"What's wrong with my body?"

"When will the rescuers come?"

"Someone please help my son!"

The world was in total chaos.

Many people had died because of the earthquake.

People are confused with the sudden text notifications popping in front of them and some were anxious because of the weird changes in their appearances.

                                  ***

In a secluded island somewhere on earth.

A big creature larger than giants, covered in red scales.A peak existence that ruled over anything.

Was standing at the center of the island, looking around.

"So this is the world that's been chosen.

Things will be interesting from now on." It said and roared. Louder than thunder.

With the threatening noise, all creatures that lived on the island fled while others were killed due to fear.

                                  ***

Meanwhile...

A large red halo suddenly materialized at the center of a city. 

People with pale skin, red as blood eyes, and white teeth with two sharp fangs leisurely walked out of the halo, and started gnawing on humans, sucking their blood dry.

At the same time in another city;

A large brown halo suddenly popped up on the ground where small dark people with large bodies, wearing sturdy and shining armors carrying weapons with both hands, started coming out.

This happened in lots of different places, producing different kinds of creatures.

Different kinds of unfamiliar creatures started appearing on different parts of the planet.

All the people are scared because of the unknown creatures currently invading the planet who's now started killing other races that are not like themselves.

                                  ***

In a place called Vatican;

Inside a spacious room, an old man with a white beard was kneeling in front of an altar.

"Oh~ Dear God. What sins did we, humans, commit for you to bestow us with this kind of danger."

The pope was praying non stop. When suddenly...

[Name: Edwardo Francisco |||

Age: 87

Gender: Male

Race: Lower Class Demon]

4