Rise of the Undead king part 6
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were on our way to Vel's home. Walking through the forest past spooky trees and occasionally a scary noise nothing else happened.

'Are you sure that you marked those trees right?' 

'Yes I have been walking in and out of this forest for about a month, so I don't even need them anymore. Watch your step.' 

My foot got caught under a tree root, so I would have lost my balance if it wasn't for Vel. 

'Thanks.' 

'you're probably still walking a bit weird but don't worry about pain. I don't wanna say you won't feel it like that chest wound, but it is possible you won't feel pain anymore. Just be careful not to harm your body, okay? ' 

'Okay..., sure I will try.' 

In the distance, we spotted the lights from some of the guard towers and a patrol. As we were still within the forest. They were about a 100 meters away. Sadly in our case, the town was also encircled by a small wall. So we had to climb that... 

Vel was looking as if she was searching for something. 'We will have a problem if they see us exit these woods at night. It would be too much of a hassle to explain.'

'Yeah, and since you trapped me in making a bond with you, we can't even explain it. which is even more suspicious.'

'Jacob I wasn't really prepared for this part, to be honest...        I assumed that I would have some of my magic left, but that ritual took all of it'

That was kind of a bummer but we do need to get home, 'let's try and circle them a bit.'

We walked along the edge of the forest still using it for cover. It would be difficult to sneak by all of them when the moon was so bright.

We could see the patrol quite clear and someone was walking up to them. I didn't recognize him but he handed them a bag and pointed towards the way we came.

'We need to lay down, now' Vel said, so down we went. We were well hidden when the patrol of 6 guards went on their way. Coming a little too close to us. 

We couldn't wait for them to come back. 

Vel said it first, 'Okay we need to move now', 

So we started to crawl through the watery grass. Just hoping that nobody sees us. 

Vel was focused on the tower. 

We were almost at the spot where we could vault over the little wall surrounding our town. 

Vel spotted a crow which landed on the tower in our direction. 

'stop' she said. 

I was almost at the wall. 

The guard posted on the tower walked up to the pest so he could swat it away, after which he looked in our direction and called downwards. 

We couldn't see what was happening on the ground, but it was clear that the guard on the tower was pointing in our direction. 

'Run!' 

I tried to get up as fast as I could and was shocked to hear how close the two guards already were. As best is as i could I tried to run towards the wall. Vel swiftly ran past me and jumped on the wall her face covered by her mask. 

'come on man! RUN!!' 

I was a disaster with my arms and legs sweeping around me like a helpless baby but I still managed to get to the wall, I couldn't look at the guards because I had nothing to cover my face with. So the only indicator of them I had, were their footsteps sounding unbearably close. When I reached out to Vel she just screamed 'JUMP!' so I did and shot up into the air. We tumbled backward as I was seemingly flying for a short time. Luckily she held on to me. 

We heard the guards footsteps getting to the wall just seconds behind me. 'Whatever that was it'll have to wait.'

We were already standing again and making our way into town as we heard the guards struggling to climb the wall with their heavy armors. 'COMMON RICHARD GIVE ME A LIFT!!!.' we were running on and we heard some ungodly growl, followed by, 'AH SHUT UP YOU'RE TOO FAT!'.

Luckily the streets were pretty empty we came across a beggar which Vel gave two coins and some drunks, not that those would remember much. 

We finally arrived at her house.

4