Rise of the Undead king part 25
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We went on our way to the next stall, I spotted a guard leaning against a building across the market, he was rather big in the belly area. And I wondered, could it be? The moment I thought about it, our gazes met and he poked one of the other guards beside him. Two of them were now walking towards us through the crowd.  

'Umm... Malanda can we walk a little faster?'

She strangely looked at me. 'What do you mean?

She then did the opposite, stopped and looked behind us, she now saw the guards approaching. She then spoke to me as if I were a small child 'Are you still scared of the guards? You know they are here to protect us.’ This caused them to catch up very quickly, Malanda was shocked when they didn't pass us, both of them now standing before me and her.

The biggest guard said, 'ma'am do you know this boy?'

She was getting a little bit uneasy. 'Of course, I know him he is of my house.'

The guard smiled 'What house may that be then?'

Malanda lifted her head, 'Blevulpus'

After hearing this name the previous smile disappeared and the two guards looked at each other.

Malanda carried on 'Our master won't be pleased if there isn't a good reason for this hold-up.'

'Don't worry ma'am, we have the authority to question you, it is given to us by the new captain. It has to do with the circle found in the forest. You no doubt have heard about that.'

We both nodded to confirm we had and he continued. ‘Has one of you recently been to the forest?’

I got scared, but Malanda just got angry.

'That's preposterous! It's not safe there no one in this town would go out there on their own!'

The guard didn't even flinch, I suppose he was better at this than climbing.

'These forests are safer than most, but I can conclude from what you said that you were not involved, but the boy has been reall quiet.'

His eyes went to me as snake would at a mouse, but Malanda looked at him in the same manner I tiger would tho…

'We will be going now, this is utter nonsense. Jacob is no mage so he couldn't have anything to do with it.'

The guard was suspicious no doubt about it, before we left he said 'so your name is Jacob, I believe we will be seeing each other.’

We quickly finished our business on the market and I tried to calm my nerves. When we returned home just then I spoke again.

'Malanda if I go to the Academy would that not make me a mage?'

She put her hand before her mouth and made a gasping sound, realizing how suspicious that would make me. Vell came downstairs 'You're back. Did you het everything?'

1