Rise of the Undead king part 29
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a golden opportunity, she meant going upstairs and focussing on letting the green energy within me seep into the palm of my hand. This wasn't easy, but doable after a few attempts. I focused on my hand and visualized the energy going into it. It moved through my veins and I could feel the separated skin’s desire, it wanted to reunite and become whole again. Sadly nothing happened. Vel looked somewhat disappointed 'Maybe we went a little to fast you've only been practicing it for 2 days I suppose.' Her word had a small sting to them, but it has only been 2 days like she said, I told her that I did feel something so I think I'm getting closer to really doing something with it.

'That's true you felt the right things only the result is missing, but that's no biggie. After a little more practice you should be healing such a wound without a sweat.' That sounds very promising and it got me excited. We were sitting in her room again. She looked at me and then said. 'It's getting late Jacob, I think you should go to sleep, you’ve practiced quite a bit today.'

I nodded, 'sure, but maybe could I stay a little longer?' she tilted her head a little and grinned ‘what? So you can see me get dressed for bed or something? You really did like what you saw.' She chuckled a bit.' I managed a nervous laugh of my own. 'well maybe it's better if I go.'

'Maybe another time Jacob'

I smiled at her, knowing it wasn't my place to ask such things of her, but luckily she didn't brush me off entirely. I went downstairs to say good night to Malanda who was working at her embroidery and went to bed. Laying in the darkness I thought of the green energy and wondered if I could practice everywhere. I tried it and after a couple minutes, I saw the colors bumping into each other. Soon after I decide to sleep because this last session had made me extremely sleepy.

The next morning would be the day Master returns. We didn't know at what time he would. Malanda decided against getting his favorite food in advance because ‘you can never anticipate anything with a rascal like your Father’, she had said to Vel.

Vel and I checked my wound and it was completely healed, it must have something to do with sleep.

She thought the chest wound had healed because I unconsciously used the healing energy within me as I slept.  After that Vel left me in a magic circle to practice again and I think she kissed me on my forehead after she told me she was still sorry and that it must be hard for me going through all these changes. It felt very far away or like the last sound of an echo, I didn't know if it was real. I just sat there unresponsive in silence, It almost went unnoticed as I concentrated on the task at hand.

In the afternoon I got dizzy again and Vel got a little bit anxious, although she tried not to show it. Master had still not returned. 'He always comes back Vel’ I said as I came closer to her with some wobbly steps. Her concern swiftly shifted to me, then I put my arms around her, sleepy as I was.
'I know, I know, something could have happened. I mean word of the West doesn't come around much' I head my eyes close, it felt like I was spinning. I managed to say 'We could ask Malanda if she wants to ask around for us.'

When I opened them again, I was laying in her bed. She must have carried me over, how strong is she? I decided to stay there under the small vails illuminating light, just for a little bit. I still felt tired so it should be fine. The sheaths and pillow strongly smelt of her, maybe it’s weird that I know her smell. Okay, I should go now, no sense in being weird here. I went downstairs and Malanda was gone just like Vel seemed to be, strange. They are probably both concerned about master.
What if something really has happened, I heard people from the West are moving around a lot lately.

I drank some water in the kitchen and worked on some chores I saw in front of me. The table wasn't cleaned so I made it sparkle, almost. I found some dust here and there, which I immediately eliminated. Huh, what's this? A little hole in the wall. A mouse? Should I set a trap? I decided to do so, and used a little cheese. Just after the trap was set I heard the door opening. Vel and Malanda entered. They seemed to have calmed a bit. 'Where have you been?'

Malanda quickly responded in a casual tone. 'Ow just the market and we asked around a little about what's going on in the west.' Vel went on. 'The people we talked to said something about sightings of mindless undead near their cities. Probably some stray necromancer who lost his toys or something.'

'Okay, that's strange but why are the people here then?' that’s nothing master could not handle.

Vel went on 'Some random villages close by a major city got attacked, they already feared some grant Apocalypse so they decided to flee.' Malanda interrupted her. 'You must agree Lady Vel it does sound scary.' Now Vel spoke more to Malanda than me 'I know, but they also said that just one village was destroyed as far as they know, the others managed to fend them off.'

I looked at her, she was downplaying it, probably because of her concern for her father. 'Still master went to look into the matter so it must be resolved soon.'

 

2