Rise of the Undead king part 35
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SorceRiese

11 Novem 266

 

Dear J.R. Lycant.

 

On behalf of SorceRiese, we are glad to inform you that we have received your application and have been thoroughly discussing the matter of accepting you into our college of surreal arts. We understand that the talents you possess have been discovered only a few weeks back.

 

In light of the recent developments in the West it is in our best interest to keep enough rooms available for whoever might need them in the near further. This has made the selection procedure exceedingly more taxing.

 

However new your talents are and how difficult the time might be. We are delighted to see young people with magical potential in our midst, and we would love nothing more than to give you, a chance to develop the rare affinity you have.

 

Congratulations on behalf of us all here at SorceRiese, you have been accepted.
Since most people in our country could use some healing.

 

Sincerely,

Laterna O'jacko,

Headmaster & high counselor of SorceRiese.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We were reading it both and I was just speechless what a relief. The hands previously on my shoulders, had now joined together, her arms tightly hugged me.

'Amazing! Jacob, we're going to have so much fun together!'

I felt myself a king of the mountain, even though had not yet accomplished anything. We could finally eat now and as we did she suddenly looked up, in her eyes something I couldn’t read, but very obvious to her. 'You should start packing!'

She was right, I had received my letter of acceptance on the brink of the new school year.
Stress hit me like a hammer. 'What should I bring!?' She had taken the same hit as me, managing it a whole lot better. 'Don't worry we will just make a list, father will be able to get it all, I suppose.'

Of course, we can't leave the house, I felt kind of bad having to dump this on master as well. We quickly finished our meal and went downstairs to master, he would help us compose a list much quicker. As we ran down the stairs I was going very fast. Behind me, I heard Vel yell at me. 'Slowdown you might fall!'

I wasn't used to this speed so I almost did, but smoothly recovered and slowing down making the steps under me pass slower until Vel had caught up. 'Damn you are quite the athlete all of a sudden.'

'I know, I quite like it.'

We both breathed in longer strokes, smiling at each other already thinking about what it will be like

'Well safe it for the running track at school.'

The well-known puddle of shadow approached us in his loyal manner. 'Hey Kriesler, we like to speak to my father, you know where he is?' I knew as well but I forgot to tell her.

Kriesler’s shadowy hands gestured us to follow him and he shivered again when Vel said he was amazing. He accompanied us through the hall and farther up we saw some windows which seemed to let in daylight, it was the residence of Zarkius right under own.

We stood before the window, what we saw were clear blue skies, no sun but still there was light, an evergreen forest, a huge creature together with a slender man sitting in a clearing at a small table seemingly in conversation.

The large creature was Zarkius he had seemed like a silver lion with some dragon mixed in. One he was something like a god, but his only goal was to sow hate, despair, and death. It was in his nature you see. When master met him, Zarkius almost ended him but realized there was no point in killing because he could not sow despair or hate inside anyone when they’re all dead. Master then exploited it with the tongue of a devil, as only a man on the verge of death could. He promised him something, and it was this residence, Zarkius would have a good life here. Hidden away from everything. He would wait here until humanity is thriving. And we would as he put it, crawl all over each other like maggots. Then he could go on and sow disaster again since there will be quite enough of us, maybe even more than he could kill in a millennium even monsters have dreams I suppose.

To me It seemed silly, but it was a real dilemma for him, and in the meantime master managed to get rid of a threat to humanity, even though it's just temporary and he says that it is a problem for a different generation. This was the initial plan at least. It seems like Zarkius and master are becoming quite good friends and share the same humor. Vel seemed to think about the same thing, 'I thought he was working instead he's drinking with Zarkius...'

I just nodded in approval 'Let them have their good time Vel, he could be doing a lot worse.'

She raised her brow ‘Who my father or Zarkius.’ We then laughed, continuing our walk inside.

Fresh air filled my lungs,'Ahhh... Amazing.' Vel smiled at me,

'It really is a marvel. My father told me it was a humongous amount of work to make it.'

We casually dashed over the green grass towards the clearing. 'I believe it was. We should come here more often.' She gave me an unsure look and said 'If Zarkius doesn't mind we could, sadly he doesn't really like us' We came to the clearing and saw master sitting by a white metallic table. Drinking, tea.

A majestic figure as large as an elephant rested beside him drinking out of something that resembled our old bath. They seemed to be relaxing, but the dark silver eyes of Zarkius quickly shot towards us, it freaked me out a little, seeing the pure silver irises without pupils. A heavy voice boomed from him as if from a much larger being then was resting before us. 'The kid and the dead boy, how nice of you to drop by.'

Should I change the letter? Maybe comment what you like to see.
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 2 100.0%
Total voters: 2
1