Rise of the Undead king part 40
17 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had gone through the items one by one and she explained them all. There were different robes, some for protection and others for occasion. Empty books for taking notes, a frozen ink fish, she told me I should feed it only when I needed to refill my ink containers. I mean, sure I'll do that, still seems a bit sad. Besides that there were many books about basics and some going deeper into healing magic and restoration. She pointed to one of the authors names. He will probably be one of your teachers. "A.C. Blashwin" it said 'Blashwin is an excellent teacher and quite the hero at our school. Not because of any great feats, but he tends to give less homework then others and is often more easy going with exams.’ she bit her lip as if suddenly staggering on a realization, ‘That is, if you don't have the same affinity as he does. But I think you will manage' I tried to keep my worries out of my mind and see it all when I’m there to see it. 'Sure I’ll manage....'

'Don't you worry, I will be there for you as well. Even though I have my own assignments of course.' She smiled at me, and it eased all my anxiety. Making me believe It will all be okay. There where also a lot of rocks or are they gems rather. Vel seemed a little surprised that they were all tossed in like they were. She explained to me that these were so called focusses. They could be used to help control energy easier and or give more energy to work with.

‘Not all stones work for everybody, that's probably why he got so many. You will have to test them soon, no sense in bringing things you can't use.’ It was quite a lot so we decided to leave it be for now and look through it again later. Both of us were getting hungry, we went to the kitchen grabbing something to eat and as I stuffed bread into my mouth Vel grabbed me by my arm, taking her own food with her and yanking me upstairs along with it. Rushing through the hall I notice footsteps from the other stairs going to the basement. They were light followed by a sweet yawn. Vel pulled me into her room as I saw the black long hair rising  from the bottom of the stairs and a slender white back appearing. I closed the door slowly. 'How did you know she was coming?' I asked Vel as I turned to her with somewhat of a wondering gaze, her lips moved and only a second after they spoke the words the rung true for some reason 'This time I felt it, it's a sense of dread.' She smiled. Now wondering if she was kind of serious  'You're joking right?' swirling her finger in the air she swiftly said 'A little, but I did feel it.'

We were in her room together. My thoughts however seemed to linger at the bottom of those stairs.

1