Chapter 38: Second In Command
1.8k 5 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Now, let's move on to the main topic of the discussion. Changing the town of Agrona. As I observed, there's not much livelihood in this place. Due to the violence happening around the town, the shop owners are quite hesitant to hire new faces in their businesses, which is sensible. But we have already talked about the violence inside the town earlier, and now that the human slave shop will be taken down, I'm aware that it will cause more unemployed citizens of the town."

"Oh, right? I didn't think about that." Leo commented while putting his hand on his chin.

He's back to his happy-go-lucky persona again. This guy can change his mood really quickly, isn't he?

 "I have an idea to prevent the economy from breaking apart. First, I want to make this place self-sustainable. Tanya managed to do it in her faction territory, all we need to do is to expand it throughout the town and open it for everyone, as long as they won't cause any problems inside the town they're free to live here, furthermore, we're giving them a safe place and possibly a job to start a new life on."

Leal raised his hand. "I get what you are trying to say, a safe place is feasible, but a job for everyone is a little bit too extreme to achieve. You already said earlier that there's too little livelihood in this town, how come we could provide something that we already lacked in the first place?"

"Yeah, I had a lot of thinking about that matter." I shifted my gaze to Tanya. "Tanya, the supplies that you are distributed throughout the town, where are they coming from? Are those supplies exported from another kingdom or did your faction produce them yourself?"

A proud smile emerged on her face. "Of course, my faction produces it all. I won't stoop to other races for something I can produce but better in quality."

Yep, just like I thought. That's how she managed to turn a single faction into a self-sustained community, her faction can strive on its own.

She has great achievements to back her enormous ego up.

"Then, we can use your knowledge and expertise to greatly boost the volumes of livelihood in this place. Can you give me even a little rundown of what businesses you can easily spread throughout the town for everyone to get employed in?"

"Oh my, what could you possibly do without me here? It can't be helped then. If you want something that we can work on right away, how about livestock butchering establishments, metal and stoneworks, and restaurants? We could use some butchers and miners in our business, it can open an abundance of job opportunities for everyone."

I nodded. "Yes, and we can open multiple meat and workshops and hire more people in the process. However, on that note, if you can easily do it, why haven't you done it before?"

Leal and Leo cleared their throats and looked away.

Ah, I get it.

Tanya breathed out. "I did. But these 2 imbeciles let all of the establishments I built get destroyed. Well, as expected of the 2 violent faction leaders that they are. The only thing left is the restaurant I built right next to the marketplace of the Fang faction. It's a good thing that Mehrad is keeping it safe."

Do you mean it's her business?

Then? What business does Leo have? Just a bunch of human slave shops?

I coughed. "Moving on. I have been seeing the large land around the edges of the town, do you think we could use that land to create some farmlands? If the ground is good for plantations, we can clear out some portion of the forest to expand it."

"We can, I already been doing it at the edge of my faction's territory, that's where the crops products coming from. Furthermore, the metal products that we are producing are from several massive cave systems near the town. I can show it to you tomorrow if you wish."

Wow, she really has all of this set, isn't she? As if she has already taken care of every potential problem I would face.

I nodded. "I would like to see it. With that said, the main reason I gathered you all here is because of the apparent reason that you 3 are the current faction leaders of this town. As you know, I'm not that familiar when it comes to managing a huge town with different cultures in it. So I need you 3 to continue governing your factions and be the representatives of each one of the factions under my governance."

That really sounded cool in my head, but now that I already voiced it out, it sounds like I'm just a lazy idiot with a big dream but doesn't want to do the hard job.

"So, you are saying, you want the 3 of us to be the delegates of every faction while working directly under your control? You are appointing us as your second in command?" Tanya clarified while leaning her head on her hand over her knees and attentively staring at me.

Yeah, I know, asking someone as powerful as her to work under me who is far weaker than her really sounds awful, no matter how I put it.

It won't be a surprise if she disagrees.

"Yes."

She nodded. "Very well."

Ah! She agreed. That scared me big time!

"Good. I will lay out my plan tomorrow so we can discuss more about it and how we can execute them. Does anyone still have a question?"

Leo raised his hand. "You just assigned us 3 as your second in command, at least come up with a proper name for the new group you just established, I don't want people calling us 3 as the former faction leaders of the town of Agrona."

"Is it really that important?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with him. You should come up with a fitting name for your second in command. We are a prominent set of people, so it's reasonable to say that we deserve it, no?" Tanya seconded.

I never thought about it.

"Do you have any suggestions in mind?"

Both Leo and Tanya shook their heads.

"You should be the one coming up with it. You are the boss." Leal suggested.

Even you, Leal?

I exhaled.

I have to do it, then.

There are 3 of them and each one is an extremely powerful individual.

Sinister 3?

Meh!

3rd syndicate? Sounds like a rock boy band.

Hmmm.

I put my hand on my chin as I stared at them.

3?

Trio?

Monster trio? Nope. Copyright.

Triad?

"How about... Dark triad?"

"Dark triad?" All 3 of them said at once.

"Yes, what do you think?"

Leal and Tanya nodded. "Not bad."

Leo didn't say a word and just maniacally laughed like an evil antagonist. 

I think he likes the sound of it, I guess?

58