Chapter 51: Task
1.2k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Before I knew it, the night finally arrived. I leaned my shoulder on the glass window of the carriage and watched the road between the boundary of Spriggan and Marionette faction which was currently under renovation as part of my project to improve the roads inside the town.

Maybe the workers at the side of the road currently wrapping up to end the day realized that I was inside the carriage and waved their hands towards me. I leaned my forehead on the glass window and immediately unleashed a huge yawn.

This day was tiring.

After a few minutes of the journey back home, I reached the mansion. I exhaled as I walked down at the roundabout in front of the mansion and stepped inside.

Inside, I was greeted by Karoon sitting next to her was Misha who's currently holding a cup of tea.

Isn't she becoming a tea person now? That's what you get if you're living together with a person who loves tea.

"Yo."

Misha immediately waved her hand at me, on the other hand, Karoon walked towards me and stopped a meter away.

"Mister Casimir, how's your day?"

"Nothing special, just like always."

She repeatedly nodded. "I see, I see, just don't push yourself too much, little Misha here is growing worried about you."

I shifted my gaze on Misha but she avoided my gaze, with the side of her face facing me, I could clearly see her pouting lips.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't. By the way, Karoon. How's the ongoing construction of the new establishments? Are any of the projects ready to launch for an opening?"

"Yes, we already have fully built establishments, if nothing bad would happen just like the incident that happened earlier in the Fang faction, we can launch the opening of those newly built establishments the day after tomorrow. You should be in there for the opening ceremony."

"Good. That's very good news. You really are dependable, Karoon, it's a good thing you are here to handle all the construction operations."

"Ehh! You're praising me too, Mister Casimir? How embarrassing!" She exclaimed with a big smile on her face while gently tapping my arm.

She worked on it though, she deserves such praise. She's doing a really great job. To be honest, I can't imagine what kind of clusterfuck I'm already into if it weren't for all of them helping me.

"I have to go upstairs now, I still have some work that I need to do in my room."

She waved her hand. "Bye-bye."

I walked out and went to my room. As I opened the light, the appearance of my room was revealed to me. The cream-colored wall and the red carpet on the floor. I walked towards my white bed and sat on it.

I released a huge sigh before shifting my gaze to the pile of paperwork over the low table next to the closed door towards the terrace of my room.

I stood up and opened the door. I instantly felt the cold night wind arriving at my room. I couldn't help but hug myself due to the cold sensation it sent.

I sat on the red carpet and grabbed the first paper from the pile and proceeded to continue the job that I left earlier.

I have an office on another floor that is a much more appropriate place for me to do my paperwork. I just preferred to do my paperwork at this hour inside my room so I could just jump on my bed once I'm done.

Some papers were reports about the ongoing establishment constructions and some damages reports due to some incidents that happened inside the town that occurred in the past few days, but I only managed to read the report just now.

Even though Karoon is the one in charge of almost all of the aspects of the ongoing construction projects. I still need to study the project, to prevent any miscalculation when it comes to the current budget our administration has because I am the only one who has full control over it.

I can say the same about the Dark triad. They have control over their own territories, however, even though they can decide what to do about certain issues occurring in their territories, there are still some exceptions, especially when it will affect the entirety of the town and there's no other person who has the full responsibility of studying and deciding about the matter other than me.

I learned that being a leader is not all about instructing someone and everything will go as smoothly as planned, it's the opposite!

If you have full control over everything, you have to work on it.

The door sounded when someone knocked on it.

"Come in."

The door opened and Misha's face emerged from the door, she's holding a cup of tea in her hands. "Big bro Casimir. I brought you tea."

I immediately approached her and took the cup of tea from her. "Thanks, Misha."

I returned to my table and put the cup of tea over the table. On the other hand, Misha sat on my bed while just staring at me.

"You haven't had your dinner yet."

I smiled. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. Don't worry, I'll eat later."

She didn't reply and just stared at the pile of paper next to me.

"How's your day? I heard you are learning how to cook."

She nodded. "Big sis Karoon sometimes teaches me how to cook, when she's not around, Big bro Gareth, Big sis Mia, and Big sis Atty are the ones teaching me."

"I see. I'm glad you are close to them. I want to taste your cooking sometimes."

However, once again, she didn't reply.

I don't know what's stopping her from talking but I decided to don't bother her. I continued my job while she was just sitting on my bed silently watching me. Even past midnight, she still insisted on watching me and promised to never disturb me.

However,

Before I knew it, the morning sun touched my skin. I opened my eyes and immediately raised my head from my table and found Misha lying on my bed. I stood up and covered her with a blanket.

I fell asleep while reading one of the reports. I looked at the untouched cup of tea before shaking my head and taking the pile of paperwork beside me to bring to my office.

I can't rest yet, I still have tasks that I need to accomplish.

50