Chapter 123: Motive
743 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


With my narrowing eyes, I stared at the 2 people watching me with smiles on their faces. We were already walking around the town for hours now and had eaten tons of food. Currently, we were inside the marketplace of the Marionette faction because Karoon told us there was tons of good food around here.

And based on what I saw the last time we've been here, what she said was actually true.

I raised the massive basket of fruit I was holding in my hands and instantly felt something passing through my neck due to someone putting a flower necklace on me.

"I hope you like it, I created it by hand, Lord Casimir." Said the demon girl who put the flower necklace on me while expressing a big smile on her face.

I smiled back. "I do. Thanks."

I put the massive basket of fruit inside my Dimensional storage.

I think I already accumulated more than enough supply to start a shop with the products I got in just a matter of minutes walking around here.

I waved back my hand at the crowd waving their hands at me as we walked away from the crowd.

"The people of this town really adore you, huh?" Prince Dieter commented as I reached them.

"Of course, Mister Casimir is a kind ruler. Despite being a superior demon, he's been treating everyone equally, no matter what race they came from."

Prince Dieter slowly nodded. "I see."

"I'm just following what Tanya taught me, there is nothing special with my leadership." I wandered my eyes to the food center of the Marionette faction. "So, what kind of anomaly do you want us to eat this time, Karoon?"

They're people sitting on the chairs scattered around the circular open space, but unlike the people inside the marketplace, they were not rushing toward me and were just content by just waving their hands at us. I waved my hand back at them while following Karoon and Prince Dieter walking toward one of the food shops.

The shop looked like a large stall, smoke was coming out from the backside of the shop and I could see tons of people eating at tables scattered in front of the shop. They were eating a whole roasted pig!

Karoon waved her hand to the person inside the shop that could only be seen in the large window that was also the shop's counter. "Mister!"

The middle-aged human owner with black hair and eyes waved his hand back while smiling. "Oh, Lady Karoon!" Upon seeing the person following her, the shop owner nodded. "Greetings, Prince Dieter."

Prince Dieter nodded back. "Greetings."

I followed them. "Yo."

The owner's eyes instantly shifted on me and his smile became much wider as he bowed his head. "Lord Casimir."

"Karoon told us that this shop has very good food, and based on what I have seen so far, I suppose it's true. Can we have a taste of it?"

The shop owner repeatedly nodded. "It is our utmost pleasure to be recognized by our ruler himself. Right away, we will serve you the best we have in this shop."

The shop owner walked inside and told everyone inside what was happening outside.

"Mister Casimir, Prince Dieter, let's sit here," Karoon called for us while jumping beside the large circular wooden table with a huge smile on her face.

I shifted my gaze to Prince Dieter and found him looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"You have a quite cheerful subordinate." He said and pointed his jaw to Karoon.

I shook my head and exhaled. "She's not my subordinate. Karoon is my friend... a very close one."

His eyes slightly widened. "Friend? Aren't you the supreme ruler of this town? You have what you have right now because you are powerful enough to make everyone in this place kneel before you, creating this united place in the process. Although I know that the stories circulating throughout humanity of how violent and remorseless you are are not entirely true. I will admit that I didn't expect to hear such a thing coming from you."

That sounds like a description of a very horrible villain.

"I am a master of no one. It just happened that I am the one leading the way, but I believe that no one is below me. Each one of us living in this town has different goals that we want to achieve or things that we want to protect, the people of this town are just following me because we are traveling on the same path... and that same path is what is making this place united... not me."

"Mister Casimir! What are you 2 talking about? Let's go!" Karoon waved her hand to us.

I smiled at her. "On my way."

"Lord Casimir." He stared at me with great seriousness in his eyes. "What is your objective for this place?"

I tilted my head sideways. "Didn't you come here because you already knew what it was? That is also the reason why you don't want this town to get away from your grasp, that's your ulterior motive for coming here. You have no interest in me, your interest is in the things that you think I am capable of doing. Tell me, is my assessment of you correct, Prince Dieter Inizio?"

A surprised but full of satisfaction smile emerged on Prince Dieter's face. "I still had doubts, but now... I am finally certain." He slowly nodded. "You really are the person I thought you were."

I put my hands in my pants pockets. "Just don't expect too much, maybe set your expectations a little bit lower... it would be bad if I end up not meeting it."

He shook his head. "No. I don't have to... because you already exceeded my high expectations for you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ah... sure... if you say so."

"Lord Casimir, here's your food." The shop owner came out of the shop, and following him were the employees of the shop carrying a massive metal plate and giant cloche.

The 3 of us stood beside the table while watching the employees preparing our food. As they removed the cloche, what greeted us was a massive crispy, orange whole roasted pig!

"What do you think, Mister Casimir?" Karoon asked.

I swallowed my saliva before answering. "It looks delicious."

All at once, 3 of us sat on the chairs beside the table and each pulled out crispy orange skin. I closed my eyes as I tasted the crunchy pig skin.

"It tastes great, right?" Karoon asked while munching her food.

I nodded. "Yeah, it is."

"What do you think, Prince Dieter?"

"It is indeed flavorful. What you said is true... uhm... Karoon."

"Ehh! Hearing a handsome Prince saying my name sounds nice."

Prince Dieter chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "It genuinely pleasures me to hear such praise."

I just watched them as they laughed while munching their delightful food. 

I, on the other hand, raised my hand. "Can you prepare another one? I want to take another one home... I think Misha will definitely love this."

With a smile, the shop owner who's watching us nodded. "Right away, Lord Casimir."

 Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

21