Chapter 166: Four Pillars Of Ulterra
458 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


After a few hours of walking around the kingdom of Erela, Leal decided to bring me to another hilltop. But at least this time, this one did not have statues in it. It was just a simple hilltop where we could see the beautiful view of the forest beneath.

As I turned my gaze to Leal, I found him staring at the cliff far away from our location but still visible. It's a very stiff cliff located at the boundary of the kingdom and the vast forest. For some reason, there was something on that cliff that made Leal look nostalgic as if that place made him remember something.

"What's in that place?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Everything." He said with a gentle smile on his face. He turned his gaze at me. "That spot is the most beautiful place in this kingdom."

If that's the case, why not bring me there first! You had me walking around this freaking kingdom while being flooded with looks of disgust and those places weren't even the most beautiful places in this kingdom!

"We can still go to that place if you like, you know?"

However, Leal did not reply and just remained silent while staring at the cliff with his gentle smile. He did not hear me, he was busy being sentimental. 

There is definitely something in that place!

For a few minutes, none of us talked and just felt the gentle wind touching us as we watched the beautiful scenery in front of us. The trees beneath were gracefully swaying to the gentle melody of the wind and the sound of the birds and other animals inhabiting the place.

He moved and stared at me. "That's it for today, I know you are already tired walking around, we should take our rest now. Thanks for accompanying me around."

Ah... So, we're not going to that place?

I shook my head. "No. Thanks for touring me around your kingdom." I crossed my arms as I suddenly remembered something. "Anyway, you mentioned something about the Fairy king earlier? And he is part of... what was it again? Four pillars?"

"Yes, I did. The Fairy king, Roshan. The ruler of the Fairies, the superior race variant of the elven people. Why?"

I unleashed my crossed arms and put them in my pants pocket. "The Four Pillars of Ulterra. What is that?"

Four pillars? Doesn't it sound interesting! It sounds like a group of big shots!

I cleared my throat. "Is that some kind of group? An alliance or something?"

Leal shook his head. "No. I won't call them allies. Because each of the Four Pillars has been seeing each other as no less than enemies." He put his hand on his chin. "The Four Pillars is more of a class, a set of people so powerful that putting them in class S rank is an awful disrespect to their superior capabilities. Those four individuals are generally known as the four of the most powerful individuals in the entire Ulterra. They are deemed invincible and extremely dangerous that only one of the Four Pillars is capable of fighting against another Pillar. The four powerhouses who rule the power hierarchy of this world."

Yep, a group of big shots. Big, big, big, big shots.

"I see. And the Fairy king is one of them."

"The very first to be proclaimed as one. The Fairy king, Roshan used to govern the Ulterra and keep its harmony by the will of the Gods. However, his governance ended when the second Pillar emerged in Ulterra and drastically made great changes in this world. The Night Warmonger, the Demon Lord Rael."

The fuck! Demon Lord! Of course, there's a freaking Demon Lord in this world! That person is the real deal!

"The third one is the recent Pillar who succeeded the greatest hero of humanity, Ragnar, and his spot to the top of the power hierarchy. An outstanding human who managed to climb up the ladder of the power hierarchy at an alarming rate and the current hero of humanity. The Sacred Guardian, Karsus."

The current hero! Man, if the hero of humanity is one of the fucking most powerful people in this world! With my current state, I don't think I would love to encounter that guy. I just hope he's still staying put even after all the chaos I did!

I narrowed my eyes. "And the fourth one?"

What is it this time? We already have a Fairy king, a Demon Lord, and a freaking Hero. What is it this time? Some kind of God?

"The fourth one is the most mysterious of all the Four pillars. And probably the most dangerous... because no one knows what that person is trying to achieve." He stared at me with a very serious expression on his face. "The Oracle Archmage... Magerna."

I instantly felt my eyes widen upon hearing that familiar name. I even felt all strands of my body instantly stand up.

Magerna. The author of Magerna's grimoire, the main reason why I was summoned into this world. The one who was responsible for all of this. That person is one of the Four Pillars of Ulterra!

"Is there a problem, Casimir?" Leal asked while staring at me.

"Magerna, huh?" I raised my eyes towards Leal. I found him staring at me while waiting for my reaction. As if he intentionally said her name last to see what my reaction was compared to the other Pillars.

As if he himself was looking for an answer that only my reaction to that name could give.

"Sounds familiar?" He asked casually.

"Yeah, I heard her name before. Oracle Archmage, huh? So, someone who can see the future? Do you know something about her?"

Leal shrugged. "Just like I said, she is the most mysterious out of the Four pillars. The other three are already mysterious on their own, but compared to them, Magerna is an enigma."

"I see."

For some reason, Leal's curious expression turned into a puzzling smile while staring right into my eyes. "But, I know some things about her past that may answer some of your questions."

Oh wow, he has done some research, huh?

Man, this guy, I can easily tell that he is into something. Him giving me information about Magerna is not me getting answers, it's him getting them. I can see it in his curious eyes.

I just don't know what answer he could get from me, or if it's even relevant to the things that he wants to know. I don't know shit! I just hope he doesn't end up disappointed.

I exhaled and smiled. "Let me hear it, then."

15