Chapter 173: Coming Upon
357 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


In the capital of the great kingdom of Erela, where countless citizens of the kingdom were gathered on the road with delighted smiles on their faces while waving different kinds of flowers in their hands. Shouting praises to the knights marching on the white road.

The already loud crowd became much louder as a certain elegant gold carriage passed through while being dragged by four beautiful white wolves. King Asmit waved his hand to the people while expressing a proud smile, on the other hand, he was holding his beautiful wife's hand who was watching the crowd with a smile on her elegant face. Both of them were wearing a white robe, while King Asmit had a white long sleeve and white slacks underneath.

While comfortably standing in the carriage, the sight of them was illustrating such a fascinating image that made the citizens shout praises more while throwing flowers on the road.

Meanwhile, in the midst of the huge crowd, an elegant small image passed through the crowd with a smile on his beautiful face while holding a pink flower in his hand. "Move faster, Big Brother Alric! We will miss Father and mother if you are that slow!"

On the other hand, Prince Alric just smiled at him as he walked slowly through the crowd while being flooded with eyes of adoration coming from the people around him. "Walk slower, Leal. We will not miss them anyway."

"Prince Alric!" Said the people around while staring at him with happiness. 

However, Prince Alric stopped once he could no longer see the person he was following. "I told you to wait for me, Leal." He said as he slowly exhaled.

Between the massive crowd at the side of the road, Leal passed through very swiftly and reached the front side of the formation where he could clearly see the parade. His smile became much wider as he saw the knights marching on the road along with the music of the marching band. Leal's jade green eyes were glowing as he followed the knights with his eyes.

However, his eyes instantly shifted as the carriage he was waiting for finally arrived at his position, the crowd turned livelier as the people shouted in excitement. Leal also did the same while waving his hand to his father and mother riding in the carriage.

"Father! Mother!" He shouted while smiling joyfully.

Both Queen Ayani and King Asmit's eyes veered on his location and smiled sweetly in synchronization. Both of them waved their hands at him.

Leal gently threw the pink flower he was holding on the white road as the carriage reached him. At the same time, the entire crowd was covered in the sound of synchronized claps towards the king and the queen.

But, what happened next put the citizens on the road in great awe. All the eyes were above with their wide opened mouths. What greeted them was the swarm of nature spirits with different colors floating in the sky, almost covering the sky. Unlike the usual where they were just passing by, they were slowly circling around the area as if they were waiting for something to take place.

"The nature spirits have come to greet our king! It's not a coincidence, it only means something amazing will happen!" One of the elves shouted while staring at the nature spirits floating above. In front of him was Leal staring at the floating ball of light with amazement on his face.

"This day is blessed by the souls of Ulterra!" Said the other one.

Leal jumped out of excitement and followed the carriage of his parents while still being in the line of the crowd. While smiling brightly, he waved his hands. "Mother! Father!"

He ran blindly, ignoring the slowly decreasing crowd on his way, unable to see what was waiting ahead. The next thing he felt was a sensation of something soft hitting his body. And the sound of a soft groan.

The third prince of the kingdom of Erela fell to the road and as he opened his eyes again, what greeted him was the scenery of the nature spirits slowly swirling in the sky right above him. Along with the sound of the voices of the turmoil of the people in the crowd, panic and fear were completely audible.

Without wasting even a moment, Leal stood up and immediately shifted his gaze to the person he crashed into. But, what he saw instantly widened his eyes.

Sitting on the white road was an image completely unfamiliar to him, rather than glorious blonde hair, what he saw from the person sitting on the road was beautiful but messy, long jet black hair.

"It hurts." The girl who was sitting on the road said while gently rubbing her ankle.

Ignoring the crowd staring at the person in front of him with great disdain, Leal walked forward with visible caution on his face. "You... what are you?"

The girl paused for a few seconds before raising her head and pointing her gem-like, jet-black eyes at him. She immediately gasped upon seeing who was in front of her. "Prince Leal! I made your beautiful shoes dirty!" The girl immediately stood up and rushed to Leal and rubbed his dirtied white shoes with her own dress. "Forgive me that I have to use my dirty clothes... I hope it's enough to clean it up."

Frozen in his position, Leal wandered his eyes throughout the crowd. All the eyes were dwelling on the person cleaning his shoes, and with apparent disgust on their beautiful faces.

"It's Cahira! What is that monster doing here?"

"It's Cahira! The cursed child touched the prince!"

"The third prince let the cursed child touch him!"

"Cahira?" Leal slowly said as fear slowly built up in his eyes.

The girl did not reply and just looked up at her.

"Stay away from me, Curse!" With eyes filled with disgust, Leal pushed the girl the people called Cahira which made her tumble to the road while softly groaning.

"It hurts, Prince Lea-"

"Don't speak my name! You filthy monster!" With his shivering eyes, Leal said in a voice filled with hostility. "Cahira... You are that cursed child the Elder council is always talking about!"

The life in Cahira's eyes instantly vanished as tears formed in her eyes. She slowly stood up while looking down. "I thought... you were kind... just like King Asmit."

"Don't ever speak my father's name-"

"Leal!"

He was about to walk toward Cahira when he heard a familiar voice. But the owner of the voice did not come for him.

"Lei! Are you alright?" Queen Ayani asked with a voice full of concern while wrapping Cahira in her arms.

"Lei?" Leal mumbled while staring at the two with shock on his face.

"Queen Ayani," Cahira said with her shivering voice.

However, the concern in Queen Ayani's eyes intensified upon seeing the entirety of Cahira's appearance. "I haven't seen you for almost a year. What happened? Why are you wearing clothes like this?"

Instead of answering the question, the young girl fled while ignoring Queen Ayani's voice calling for her. Without even looking back.

What was left behind was the huge crowd staring at Leal and Queen Ayani while mumbling at each other.

"Mother, that girl is a curse... you should never touch that monster," Leal said while slowly walking toward his mother.

Queen Ayani slowly shook her head. "No, Leal. She is not... and she never was." She slowly exhaled. "What just happened, Leal?"

Leal stopped while staring at his mother with his widened eyes. "I... just did what I must, what the Elder Council taught me to do."

11