Chapter 1 – Das Vaterland
148 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up Herrick" a calm and loving voice called out.

"Yes mother, I'm still cleaning up my bed" 

"Hurry up, me and your dad are about to head out to the factory"

Somewhere in Frankfurt, Germany. It's May 20, 1943. Factories are running 24/7, an air of unfounded pride and fanatic trust floats around the city.

"I'm coming down mother!" the child shouted, "Calm down Herrick, come eat your breakfast".

15 minutes later

"I'm going out mother, father"

" Be careful out there son, and don't tell anyone what you heard from me and your mother last night, do you understand?" 

"Yes father"

Somewhere in Britain

"Are the preparations coming along?"

"Yes sir, everything is almost as scheduled"

"Good"

Tannenberg headquarters

"Heil Hitler!!!"

"Heil Hitler, now on to the meeting my friends, do we have any information about the coming air raids?"

"Nein, the spies are having a very hard time"

"Of course they would, then what do we know? Do we have at least any information about the teams that are trying to crack the codes? (Enigma codes)" 

"..... nein."

"Scheiße, i hope the führer is having a great day when we report this."

Frankfurt, Germany (May 20, 1943)

"Johan, do we really need to move to Berlin?"

"Juliane, if we could we should even move to America, this war isn't going to our country's favor anymore, I heard it from my cousin".

" As long as Herrick is safe, it doesn't matter where we live... as long as he's safe".

"This place is not safe, every day more and more tanks and soldiers are being sent to the west, I just hope that we can move to a quieter and safer place".

At the school.

"Hey Herrick, can you please, for the love of God stop reading books!!! You don't even play with me anymore".

"Can we just play later Elise? I still have 4 chapters to read"

"No, no, no!!!"

"Where did you even learn how to speak like that?"

"I will not tell you, not until you play with me".

"Alright, alright! You're so annoying".

"Hehehehe" 

Even while the world is on fire, life still goes on, but even in this little boy's world the flames of war is starting to change everything.

Before you can create something, you have to destroy everything first. 

- Author-san

6