Chapter 8. Sick and Promise.
375 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This will be the' Ichika' chapter.

And how to not cringe? lmao.

>>>>>

On the way home, I felt my steps getting heavier.

Fortunately, the pain in my stomach has lessened. It still hurts, but it doesn't literally immobilize me as it did a few hours ago.

Misaki-sensei aka Crocodile sure doesn't hold back at all.

I'm just glad that she didn't kick my lower part instead, I could've be passed out directly. Or my ribs... yeah, I would have broken ribs right now if it did happen.

Normally, I would call Daiki to help me walk home, but he is also kind of dying today after Miyamura's punishment.

Apparently, Miyamura told him to clean the entire hallway of the first floor. 

I bet the school janitor is really happy about it today.

>>>>>

When I got home, it became clear that my body was getting weaker. My vision dimmed, and I felt... hot.

Usually what I do right now is to prepare dinner and clean up, but it was even hard to move around.

...

I try to sit down and calm myself down, feel my body... and I feel different.

I think I'm having a fever.

I quickly put the thermometer on me and wait for it to react.

...

...

..

*Beep* *Beep*

38 Celcius, yep. 

On top of getting beaten, I also caught a cold. 

Sigh. 

I didn't really surprise this to happen, I just didn't expect it was this fast. It was an accumulation of stress after all.

A lot of things have been occupied my mind since Tsurihara's confession, followed by another 2, and then a few hours ago... Misaki sensei beating a few hours ago with information reveal. 

Like, I just wasted my money on Tamaki for years and how my uncle kind of exploited me.

*cough* *cough* *cough*

...

It is positive I was about to get sick.

I need to call for some help. The minus of living alone is the moment you get sick, you need help.

Daiki is out of the option since he can't do shit about cooking and cleaning the room, he is also kinda dying today. Tsurihara also the same, based on her attitude yesterday, NOPE.. she will only mess up my room.

It only leaves me with one other option. The best option, actually.

Masaru Ichika.

...

I took my phone and call her number on my contact.

*Ring* *Ring*

...

...

After waiting for a while, finally, Ichika accepted my call.

...

["Good Evening, Chika-chan. Sorry for calling without notice."]

["Good Evening, Ren-san. D-Did Something happen? Why your voice so hoarse?"]

It seems my voice is different, even Ichika could notice it from the phone, huh?

I take a short breath and try to explain as short as I can.

["About that... I think I am about getting cold."]

["Ehhh...!! Ren-san, Are you okay?!"]

["I think I am 'okayish', but I might need help for medicine."]

["I will be there right away! H-Hold on, right!?"]

["I can wait, Thank you Chika--"]

*Beep* *Beep*

...

She immediately closes the call. From the way, she sounds really concerned about me.

...

She really do still care about me despite I have rejected her huh?

I can't help but feel a bit touched of her reaction just now.

>>>>>

After about 30 minutes of laying down on my own bed doing nothing but coughing and holding myself from an intense headache, a knock could be heard on my door with a yell from a girl. 

*Knock* *Knock*

"Ren-san, I am coming inside!"

...!!

*BAMM*

Ichika practically slams the door open and rushes in toward my bedroom.

*pant* *pant* "A-Are you okay Ren-san?"

...

Ichika asked while also gasping for air. Did she run all the way here?

Her hands are full of bags, and her twin-tail hair's all disheveled. 

Looking at her who is genuinely concerned about me, I can't help but feel terrible how I was rejected her.

"Y-Yeah, but don't worry... It was nothing."

I feel bad for lying but I can't say that I was also got beaten by Misaki-sensei. 

"I-I see... I brought you some medicine, some nutritional food, and umm... uh... anyway, I brought a lot!"

Ichika frantically checked all the content on her bag. She really brings a lot... actually it is a bit too much. 

She is even getting me a bandaid and sports drink right there.

"Thanks for getting all this for me. It must've been hard, huh?"

I said while I put the best smile I could offer to her.

She shook her head and replied "That doesn't matter. Are you really feeling okay, Ren-san?"

"N-Not sure. I checked my thermometer just a while back and it was pretty high."

"R-Really? I will check too just to be safe."

...

Ichika lifted her bangs and mine then pressed her forehead tight against my own. 

"Yeah... it feels hot. I am glad you actually called me Ren-san."

...!!!

She is too close... She is...very kind toward me... Despite what I have done to her.

"Y-Yeah."

"Alright, let me take care of you this night, Ren-san."

"Umm... Thanks. I am sorry, and please take care of me."

I said as I scratched my back head. It must be a lot of problems for her to get here after all.

She shook her head once again and said "No... I don't mind... You know, taking care person you do like..."

"I feel so happy right now."

...!!!

*Throb*

She is... Her smile... I feel my heart beating loudly.

Now I can't help but be conscious of Ichika being a woman... which usually I see her as a sister. 

Ichika is genuinely concerned and takes care of me... is very dazzling in my eyes.

*Throb*

...!!!

Did I begin to fall for her? I can't help but avert my eyes as I can't even look at her face right now.

"Ren-san, It seems your fever getting higher. Your face is getting redder."

...!!!

"N-N-No nonono it was nothing, Chika-chan."

I wave my hand indicates to her that it was nothing, but I am still unable to see her face. My heart throbbed. Never thought, Ichika would make me feel like this.

...

"Umm is that so? then... First, I'll make some rice porridge. Take some medicine after you eat, and then you can sleep afterward. Understood?"

"U..Uh... Alright."

After hearing my response, she left my bedroom and went to my kitchen.  

I still try to calm down myself since I am getting so conscious of Ichika.

>>>>>

...After waiting for a while, Ichika came in with rice porridge in her hands. 

Also, she is in a white apron with a cat picture on it, which I admit is pretty cute and fit her personality.

I had never seen her before wearing an apron, so I can't help but take a good look at her.

"You looks good on an apron, Chika-chan."

She nodded excitedly and responded "Thank you. I brought an apron because I figure I'd do some cooking and cleaning while I was here. Besides, I will be sleeping here today. To make sure you are alright."

"Okay... Wait, you want to sleep here?"

I can't help but ask. Why did she go that far to help me?

She sit beside my bed and nodded "Unn... I mean, we don't know what would happen if I let you alone take care of yourself. Don't worry, in the morning I will get back home for school, and all my family knows this."

"I see. Again, sorry for all the hassle."

I said that while bowed my head slightly to her. This is at least I could do for her right now.

"W-Wait, this isn't time for that! I'll feed you and cool the porridge so it's easy for you to eat."

What...??? She wanted to feed me too?!

Ichika then opened the lid of the porridge container and took a tablespoon of it. Then, she blew gently to cool the porridge in the spoon.

*Wheew* *Wheew*

...

Does she find this not embarrassing...??!!

"Alright, now open wide, please."

Ichika then thrust the spoon in her hand towards my face.

"..."

"Ren-san, are you okay? Your face getting redder again."

"N-Nahh... I am okay!"

I quickly opened my mouth as she wanted which she proceed to thrust it directly into my mouth.

I want to ask if she didn't get embarrassed doing this, but then I realize she might didn't realize herself because concerned about me. It would be rude for me to ask anyway.

*Munch* *Munch*

...This is tastes really good. As expected of Ichika-sensei!

She look closely at my face and asked "How is it, Ren-san?"

I close my eyes and describe what I taste: "Mmm... The onion, ginger, and salt really bring out the flavor. It feels nice."

"G-Great if you like it. I am using the Masaru family special porridge recipe, I am glad you like it!"

"Here, another one ."

...

I can feel Ichika's sincerity and kindness in each of her words. After that, she kept feeding me with care until the porridge was gone. During that moment, The whole time, I can see Ichika couldn't stop smiling...

And I realized how attractive Ichika was in my eyes right now.

...

>>>>>

After eating Ichika's porridge I did feel a little better, but I know I need to rest immediately. However, before I want to rest, Ichika forbids me because I haven't cleaned my body. (I'm even still in the school uniform which is slightly dirty from sensei's kicks).

Ichika insists on offering herself to clean me up, which I obviously refuse at first. She kept pushing me, and threatened to hate me if I refused... which I eventually relented.

Ichika is really getting bold now, huh?

....

"Alright, I'll wash you next, Ren-san."

"P-Please take care of me."

...

Ichika has me get on my bed and sits next to me with a towel and washbasin at the ready. 

"Alright, now please raise your arm, Ren-san."

I do as she says, and she takes off my clothes. Top clothes of course. I refuse if ask me to turn down my pants too.

She then gently washes my arms with the warm towel.

...

After that, Ichika thoroughly wipes the sweat from my neck, arms, sides, chest, and back with care.

And like when she fed me... she was also smiling the whole time doing it. 

Is this girl an angel? No, a goddess?

...

When she was about to clean my stomach though, I felt a little "pain" when she gently washed there and Ichika noticed my reaction.

She then looked at my stomach carefully, and my skin looked a little blue there… A literal bruise, wow, Misaki-sensei. 

Her expression turned slightly angry, and immediately asked me "Ren-san, can you explain where these bruises came from? Looks like you just got them... probably a few hours ago. Don't try to lie, Ren-san."

I can't help but sweat right now. While she know my job a bit, she didn't know that Misaki-sensei is undercover

I couldn't just reveal such private information of another person to her... but I know Ichika also can read my face when I am lying.

She is too smart for her own good.

The only option left is to avert my eyes and didn't speak anything about it... Which is not a good plan since Ichika did keep staring at me.

...

"Ren-san, Look at me."

...

"You can't answer, Ren-san?"

...

"Did someone try to beat you up today after our whole confession?"

"Eh?"

...Wait, what? Where she even did get that conclusion?

She stop her hand and muttered, "I know today a lot of people reacted harshly about our confession... but I didn't expect people would start to attack you..."

"No, No Ichika... This is... something else! Believe me!"

I can't reveal about Misaki-sensei but I can't let her believe her own conclusion either!

"Ren-san!"

Ichika then suddenly hugged me from the side which made me get speechless immediately. My bare naked top could really feel her thing touches me, and her hug feels warm...

"I am sorry... Our confession... made you suffer this..."

...

"Chika..."

*Sniff* *Sniff*

I notice the tears start rolling down Ichika's cheeks... her expression also became distraught. I can really feel her emotion... and her self-blaming.

She tightens her hug, and I can feel my chest getting wet from her tears. Even after all her boldness today, she is still a 'cry baby' in the end, huh?

She begins sobbing uncontrollably in my chest... and right now I don't even know how to correct her.

*Sob* *Sob*

...

...

Even if she got a wrong idea... This really proves that she is so kind... or so caring to me. 

She truly loves me. 

Right now, I can't help but feel overwhelmed by her love.

I embrace her back tightly which made her flinch and try to explain to her.

"C-Chika-chan... Listen, It was from my work, my coworker...But I can't enclose her identity of her, but she disguised herself as someone in the school to protect Runa it seems. Please calm down."

...

*Sniff* "I am sorry... I just... don't want you get hurt by my fault." *Sniff*

"It is okay..."

...

After a minute or so waiting like an eternity, she seems finally calmed down.

However, she quickly release her hug, stare at my face, and said: "It is... Misaki-sensei... was it?"

...!!!

"Wha- How do you know?"

Crap. I can help but yelp immediately. How?

...

She look at me with an upset eye and said: "It is easy to deduce that, Ren-san. You said her, you also said disguised, and from what my brother tells me you get called by Misaki-sensei after school. Not to mention her reputation being strongest teacher."

...Once again, she is way too smart for her own good. 

Ichika is sure amazing.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Why would sensei hit you, Ren-san? Do you have a problem at your workplace?"

I averted my eyes and said, "I tried to attack her but... yeah, she of course attacked me back."

She is surprised that I tried to attack a literal teacher. Of course, she is, even I would be surprised at myself.

"Why you would do that, Ren-san!?"

"I just get a heat of the moment..."

"Please explain what exactly happens. The bruise, it would be worse tomorrow if you let it be. This is serious Ren-san."

Suddenly, She took her bag, searched inside of it, and put out a bottle of brown oil from it.

The brand says... Herbal Oil?

"Thankfully I got treatment oil for it. But I will only treat you if you promise to tell me what happens after you are getting better."

...I can feel Ichika's emotion is raging right now toward me, which is actually made me scared.

"Don't try to lie... I want to know all of it, Ren-san."

...!!

"I-I promise."

...There is no use to tried to lie to Ichika anymore.

>>>>>

Both of us were already in our pajamas and Ichika also already laid a futon on the floor... which will be a place where she would sleep. 

I really want to sleep right now. My fever getting intense, My vision getting hazy and Ichika probably notices it. That's why she told me to explain later. She also already changed my compress 3 times by now, which would be not possible if I am doing it alone.

I'm even hardly able to move my head now and feel my consciousness getting away, however... but before that...

...

"Nee... Chika-chan."

"...Nn? Something wrong?"

"I will give you proper answer in summer."

After she took care of me with such care tonight, I couldn't ignore her feelings for me, or else I wouldn't be much different from the scumbag who left Rosa.

Ichika, her love, and care... Really touched me. The thing I can promise is to answer her feelings properly in the summer.

Until summer, I should had enough time to check what Misaki-sensei said and time to think about my own feelings.

...

...

Ichika seemed to become quiet after hearing what I said. Did I say something wrong?

...

"...Then, summer festival."

...??

"Promise to go summer festival with me."

...

"...Alright."

The summer festival takes place two weeks after summer vacation... Well, 3 weeks from now.

Another promise to fullfill, huh.

After hearing Ichika's response, finally I closed my eyes and let my body rest.

>>>>>

I got a irl travel work next week, so yeah...expect sporadic update.

8