Chapter 8: Waking up
4.3k 7 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to find myself staring at a different ceiling than I am used to.

Only after a few moments did I realise what had happened before I fell asleep.

I took in my surroundings to find a figure sitting on a chair by the bed. The figure is covered by a cloak.

"Good you are awake. We need to move as it is still dark. But first I need you to change clothes as you would stand out too much." Helda says

She took out clothes from a bag by the side of the chair. Then throws the clothes to me,

I look at the clothes, they seem very bare with just horrible pants and a t-shirt made out of wool unlike the linen and silk clothes that i am wearing.

It seems understandable so I get up from the bed and start taking my clothes off. I even forgot that there is a woman other than mother in front of me before I had taken all my clothes off. 

I feel her eyes on my body. They seem to be looking at every part of my body. I don’t feel comfortable so I put on the clothes quickly. 

Helda comes over, picks up my old clothes and puts them in the bag where my new clothes came from. She then puts the bag down.

“Is there any news about mother?” I ask.

“Not really it seems it's still early for news so we must start moving” Helda replies.

“Let's get moving” Helda offers me her hand.

“Okay. Helda but don’t we need things like food and camping equipment” I look around the room to see there is no luggage prepared.

“Don’t worry I have someone prepare it, we need to go to pick it up.”

“Okay Helda and thank you” I take her hand.

“It is nothing” Helda picks me up and starts holding me under her arm. 

I am hidden in the cloak so it might look like she is just carrying a sack.

She starts moving, opens the front door and out of the house we come.

It is still dark outside with only the moonlight illuminating the surroundings.

I can’t see much as the cloak blocks most of my vision.

She starts moving again using wind magic. I should tell her she seems really good at using magic. 

By the time I think that thought we have stopped. There seems to be torches planted here and there to light up the surroundings. 

“Hey, What are you doing here?” A man in leather armor asks Helda.

“I am here for merchandise” Helda replies

The guard glances at me then smiles. I don’t like the smile.

“Go on through, he will be happy” the man moves to the side to let Helda pass.

Helda starts moving again. There is a huge tent which she heads into carrying me.

There is incense in the air. It's really strong on the nose. Helda puts me down and moves away.

I look at her quizzically but she doesn’t look back. I look around the tent. 

It seems very lavish with a carpeted floor, luxurious furniture which I was accustomed to at home. There are cushions in the middle of the tent with a man sitting in the middle of the pile.

He seems like a short man with a scar going on the right side of his face. He has black hair and brown beady eyes. I look at him and a picture of a shady person comes to mind. He is wearing silk which somehow contains his huge belly. 

The way he is looking at me as I would look at a fruit before buying “You found it really fast” the man says.

“As you can see blonde hair, blue eyes and under the age of 10 boy as requested. So just pay me the agreed amount” Helda says to the man.

What the hell is going on? Why the hell do I feel like I am getting sold? Is there slavery in this world? Why Helda? Are you betraying me? I look towards Helda.

“Don’t be hasty, let me check him out and make sure everything is in order. You will get your money.” the man says to her.

Shit I am getting sold. I better get out of here. 

I turn around to start running but before I can take a step Helda has moved and has held me down.

I look at Helda. Her face seems cold and expressionless. “Why Helda?” I ask.

She bends down to whisper in my ear “money of course boy. Oh. I suggest you don’t tell anyone you are Allen Lionheart as the whole family has been killed for treason. If anybody finds out you are a Lionheart you will only meet your death sooner. Do you understand?”

She looks at me with a smile.

 

No. No. No mother, sister No. they can’t be dead. I can’t breathe. I can’t feel. She proceeds to take the necklace off my neck. Mothers necklace.

 

She says something. I can’t hear it. I try to stop her but I don’t have the strength. It's as if all my energy is gone. I just feel numb. 

They proceed to undress me. Poking at my body here, there and then checking my teeth. I just don’t hear what they say. 

At one point I am taken to a cell where I just fall down and fall into slumber hoping beyond hope that it is but a dream.

63