Chapter 14
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Pov

"That was the plan." Hearing Eri’s words encouraged Azure to fight once again.

Looking at Overhaul’s face that was controverted upon hearing Eri’s words, Azure became cautious about what he would do in response. However, a few seconds later Overhaul seems to have calmed down.

Eri, I’ll have to ‘teach’ you later, and as for you Azure, you’ve annoyed me to no end, so to make sure you die, I’ll take some measures. 

Overhaul then put his hands on the ground and made a spike shot towards Eri’s foot. 

‘I’ve been too nice to her. Giving her toys and allowing my subordinate to be lenient towards her She doesn’t need her feet to give me her blood. ’

As Azure partially transformed to protect Eri, Overhaul ran towards his remaining subordinates. 

As he neared both of them, neither of his subordinates tried to run or show any fear on their faces. When he reached them, he first placed a hand on both himself and Rappa.

"Azure, the only thing I regret is that we couldn’t fight a worthy battle," said Rappa.

With those words, Overhaul absorbed Rappa into himself. Moving on to Tengai, he just stood there, not even flinching or trying to move.

"It’s a pity that I need to get rid of such a loyal henchman."

After absorbing both of them, Overhaul turned around and faced Azure, who had a vigilant look on his face. 

Overhauls look different from the two recent absorptions. He no longer looked human. He had an extra pair of arms, and his former arms turned red with a black line running along with them.

"Azure, I admit I underestimated you. It’s a pity, but to ensure your death, I absorbed my subordinate, but that is a price I am willing to pay."

Azure needed no explanation since he witnessed the whole ordeal. He was angry at how Overhaul threw away his subordinates, people who served and were loyal to him.

However, he quelled his anger since he remembered that they were villains.

Asure dashed down towards Overhaul, coating his talons in flames. 

The moment they were about to hit Overhaul, he put up a recognizable shield. 

"That quirk..How?"

"You remember it, it's a secret, but the dead don't tell, so I'll explain. When I absorb someone, I also have the option of absorbing their quirks. While the burden on my body of having multiple quirks will be enormous, it's negligible compared to you, who's a major threat to my plan. "

Azure tried his previous trick of increasing the temperature, but Overhaul seemed resistant. Azure thought about using a Super Move to break the barrier, but Overhaul never gave him the chance.

When Azure tried, he would send a spike towards Eri, forcing Azure to stop and save her. Although Overhaul’s body is strained from holding two quirks, Azure was previously extremely tired and had been fighting for an hour. He couldn’t get stamina like Overhaul and couldn’t keep up his current firepower forever.

"Give up your losing stamina fast, with no resting time. I know you’ll lose eventually, but you can’t break my barrier. How long do you think you can keep burning the earth's spikes? Like I said earlier, you’re sacrificing your life for nothing. " 

Azure Pov

‘Sacrificing my life. Why didn’t I think about this earlier, Guess this is the end, Sensei, All Might good bye.'

Lighting my body on fire, I use a forbidden move from "that" category. Looking up at Eri, I smile earnestly and say, "Don’t worry, I’ll make you happy and save you."

Turning back to Overhaul, who is on guard, I say, "This fight was over the moment I decided to use my all. This is my determination. I'll show a move reserved for a certain S-ranked villain. "

"Suicide Article: Azure Self-Immolation. This will kill me, slowly burning all my life force. However, for a short period, the temperature of my flames will be something that not even Endeavor can handle. "

Slowly walking towards Overhaul, I show absolute confidence. Overhaul, getting impatient, sends a dozen spikes toward me, but they burn before they reach me.

Overhaul keeps sending spikes and blocks to me and he himself tries, but whenever he gets close, I just burn them or him. 

As we keep fighting, I feel this has gone on long enough, but before I do anything, Overhaul combines himself with the earth. 

Dashing forward, I continue to keep melting his huge arms that come towards me, but he just makes new ones from the earth. 

I feel intense pain for a moment, and using this opportunity, Overhaul sends a huge block towards me and I end up crashing into the wall. Although no injury is present, I know that my time is coming.

"Hahahaha... As you said, you're just someone who’s already got one foot in the grave. I’ll just keep ‘healing’ and wait for you to croak over. What can you do? "

As I stand up, I hear Eri say something.

Eri Pov

I heard that Mr. Nice Man was going to die. 

"Why...Why do they keep trying? He said he’d save me, but why, even though he’ll die? why."

"I..I..Why can’t things go back like BEFORE"

As Eri activated her quirk, the building reset to before Overhaul changed it and she fell down.

Azure Pov

Catching Eri, she instantly caught hold and grabbed my neck and didn’t let go, but what I was focused on was her horn, which was glowing.

However, in a second, my transformation was turned off. No, it’s like I never activated it in the first place.

"That brat will look like I won't kill you with her. You just rewind till you don’t exist." With a chuckle, Overhaul said.

‘Rewind?" However, the moment I understood what he was talking about, I felt my stamina being restored. 

Activating my transformation again and increasing the rate of my life force consumption, I feel her quirk slow down, and as I increase the consumption rate, the slower it works.

"If this was the ‘curse’ you were talking about, then everyone's lying to you, and if this is properly controlled, then this would be a huge blessing. Overhaul, if before your death was certain, then now your death is inevitable." 

As I speak to Overhaul, I turn towards Eri. "Hold on OK." Repositioning her on my back, I turned back to Overhaul.

"So, what, I’m unkillable, and just wait, Eri, when I finish him, you’ll be lucky to have arms and legs."

Deciding that Overhaul’s death wouldn’t be easy, I dashed towards him and, with my flames constantly getting hotter to combat Eri’s quirk, I effortlessly reached Overhaul, who was starting to melt.

While partially transforming, I grab Overhaul with my talons and say, "If you can heal from the earth, then what about the sky."

I then pull him towards the sky, breaking through the ceiling, and after reaching an adequate height, I drop him. I let him fall, and as he was about to hit the ground, I dashed down and kicked him while burning him just so he wouldn’t pass out.

I stop partial transforming and jump off of him and think, ‘How to make him suffer.’ But before I come to a conclusion, I feel like I have a crazy idea.

So, I slow down the increase in the temperature of my flames and allow Eri to rewind me.

"S-s-s-sorry, I’ll get off."

But, before she got off, I grabbed her and said, "Don't worry, can you keep up what you're doing?"

I then wait till I’m rewinded to the moment that I just defeated Bakugo. Then, letting Eri jump off of me, I tried out my idea.

"B-b-b-but you’ll die if you keep using that."

"Don't worry, Eri; I have faith in you to save me."

 

"Overhaul: if this works, then you are in for a pain worse than death."

Stretching my hand covered in flames, I let them fall on Overhaul's body. However, even though the temperature isn’t too hot, he starts convulsing the moment it lands on his body as if this is the worst pain ever.

"Wh-what is this!"

"That was only a fraction of my pain. Overusing my life span seems to have given me access to more abilities of my flames. It seems that when my mastery has reached its highest level, I’ll be able to imbue feelings into my flames and allow my victims to feel them too. I have given you all the pain of having half of your body gone, your heat being burned, 3rd-degree burns, plus the pain of your life force seeping out of you. "

Allowing Overhaul to feel the full effect made Overhaul scream. His scream echoed through the neighborhood and alerted the heroes who were on their way that they should hurry.

Azure, who looked at Overhaul, who was screaming, felt it was time to end this. 

Walking towards Overhaul, he crouched down and slowly placed his hands on Overhaul's face.

"Overhaul, I hope you're incarcerated in hell for all of eternity. Now Burn. Suicide Article: Azure Retribution. "

Allowing Overhaul to experience all the pain in one second before cremating him. Before Azure passed out, he looked towards Eri and said, "I believe in you."

Eri Pov

"Mr. Nice Man. H-h-he ‘s dying?" 

As I thought that, I started trembling and crying while trying to walk towards him.

‘He b-believed in me, so I should save h-h-him.’

But before I reached him, some man with a scarf arrived and wrapped me up. Then he checked the situation, and after looking at Mr. Nice Man, he grimaced.

Then a bunch of other people in costumes arrived, and a short old lady went to check on Mr. Nice Man.

"Recovery girl, what’s the situation." The scarf man asked.

"Eraserhead his body is breaking down. He has no stamina to give and his body seems to have used up all the energy possible. His body seems to be rapidly aging. You can see the ends of his hair turning white. I’m afraid of that-"

She didn’t finish the question, but everybody present could understand the meaning. Trying to save Dante was hopeless.

"Mr. Nice Man." I started walking towards him but was captured in a hug by the old lady.

"Sorry, little one was he the one to save you."

In the background, I heard the scarf man gnashing his teeth, saying "If only we arrived earlier."

While I saw some of the other people putting a blanket over his body. Suddenly, I couldn’t control my body. I started running towards him.

Despite the people around me trying to grab me, I didn’t stop.

"M-m-Mr. Nice Man. Please wake me up please. "

The scarf person tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Kid, I’m sorry, but he’s already-"

"NO, he said he'd save me, that he'd get rid of the bad guy and save me, please, MR!!"

3rd Pov

Just then, Eri’s horn glowed, and as she was clenching Azure's body, he started getting better. In a few seconds, his body looked like it was burning. 

Eri’s body fell, and she fainted. She was pulled off of Dante and her horn stopped glowing. Recovery girl went to check on Dante and discovered that his body was like the sports festival. Although he had a ‘Fatal’ Injury his flames were already healing it and he had some stamina.

"Recovery Girl?" said Eraserhead.

"He’s fine. Somehow, the girl fixed him, and he’s just tired and mentally exhausted. "

The heroes decided that getting him to the hospital was the most important thing, and they felt that in those few minutes they aged considerably. Recovery Girl felt like she had almost lost a student, and as a doctor, that would have been a huge blow to her.

 Eraserhead was blaming himself for Dantes ‘Death’ since he didn’t arrive fast enough. Everyone present was thankful for the little girl, and they all hurried towards the hospital.

Meanwhile, somewhere else.

"Come! Just try me... you fakes! The only one allowed to kill me is... All Might, a true hero!!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N: This book isn’t at its best and I’ve received reviews and comments about the quality and other things. As I’ve said, I’m a new writer, but I can also see the flaws in this book. At some point, I'll be re-writing this book, and it will change the beginning and other things, and the overall flow will be much better. As always, thank you for reading this book.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

1