Chapter 4 (Edited)
188 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man is sleeping on a bed in a cell-like room. He is lying on his back, and we can see many cameras around the place.

*Azure Pov*

"Uuuuuggggggg" I sat up and walked around while observing this cell I'm in and noticing that I'm in quirk restraining handcuffs. The only exit is the bars.

When I tried to test whether I could use brute strength to break out like I expected the strength was great probably made from a quirk.

Just then that damn mouse showed up in front of my cell

"Hello, it's me, Nezu, your friendly animal. Azure or should I say, Dante Tanaka, I'm sure you know about me since when we raided one of your bases, we found information on dangerous individuals.

Which included me, I'm so thankful for your acknowledgment of my worth. Some of them were so researched that when we gave it to the heroes, they improved their abilities.

Anyway, as you can see, we've captured you and you're in some special quirk restraining cuffs instead of being put into a facility that would be restraining your quirk. Since you've exceeded our expectations and we doubt unless you're in these cuffs we would need 24hr surveillance."

'Damn, I became so power-drunk when I got stronger, I revealed my abilities unnecessarily to my enemies. I've broken one of my do-not's when fighting.' I said while self-reflecting/scolding myself.

"Well, Dante I'm not just here to tell you that, I'm also here to tell you that we think your Hero material and are willing to negotiate some terms where you won't be arrested and even be given a chance at being a hero. Now doesn't that sound nice. "The damn rat said while having his professional smile.

"Heroes, never most of you, are scum who care about the rules and regulations over the lives of the people. You're selfish, in my book most of you don't even deserve to be called this title."

"Settle down Dante. I know what happened to your parents, and I apologize for it. But we have fixed the laws regarding the ranking system so that heroes can help regardless of rank or level of the villain."

"Heh...you think I'm mad because the heroes couldn't help and save my parents. If so, you don't know jack-shit about me."

"Then what is the problem if that's not what you're angry about? Why do you dislike heroes?" Said the rat bastard with a confused face.

'I guess even with a quirk that gives him a high IQ he still doesn't understand people.'

"I'm not mad they "couldn't" help. I'm mad they didn't. They could help if they wanted to regardless of the rules. Anyone could do anything. They could have helped my parents if they wanted to but they obeyed the rules and as a result, they plus other innocents died.

I'm a vigilante, that's against the rules, but I did it. SO, I'm mad they didn't. Don't give me the bullshit that they couldn't if their true heroes they would injure themselves to save even one more life.."

"Don't even try saying anymore. My stand is that heroes are selfish. The only true heroes are people like All Might, however, even if he himself asked me to stop my answer would be "no" until all trash and scum are eradicated from the world, my job isn't over."

'Only they are worthy of the title hero'

*Flashback 2 years ago*

After I had been defeated by Dabi, I was lost. I had no idea what to do. A villain had spared me and even told and helped me get stronger.

I had thoughts like 'what is good and bad 'are all villains and heroes necessarily evil' 'aren't the title villain and hero something given to the person I had lost my way on the path I chose. All I did was fight, however fighting and strength without a purpose or ideals felt meaningless.

Then as I was patrolling the streets, I hear a loud *BBBBAAAANNNGG* 'Is it another villain' so I dashed to where the sound was coming from. Despite me being lost, I still knew I should save people.

When I arrived standing on top of a nearby building, I saw All Might with his back facing the villain protecting some people huddled into his chest and his back was slightly charred and bruised.

When All Might got up the villain asked, "All Might why do you let yourself get hurt? You could have used this opportunity to beat me but you got injured for the people?"

"Because if I don't save the people then what is my reason for fighting? Regardless of the cause, my job and duty as the number 1 are to save as many lives as I can. Even if I die as long as even one more life is saved compared to if I wasn't there then my death was worth it"

Then after checking the people were safe All Might dashed towards the villain. Before the villain could create more bombs, All Might got in front of him and yelled "Detroit Smash."

Since All Might was there and had finished the villain, I didn't bother to stay. Instead, when returning to my hideout I was contemplating. 'It would seem not all heroes are trash. Some even put their lives on the line for the people's lives. They Are the true heroes.'

"Heh, why was I ever confused? My goal remains the same to get rid of the Scum of society. Whether they be heroes or villains. Good or bad. If I'm called a Villain, I'll be the curse that kills the virus of society that is corruption. If I'm a hero, then I'll be the Cure for this depraved society. My ambition remains the same, to use my flames and light up this society in its darkest moments. I'm Azure Bird."

*Flashback End*

*3 hours later*

Azure Pov

"Azure we will let you roam around the city for 2 hours with some newly made quirk restraining bracelet. If you're out for more than 2 hours, it will automatically give you a very heavy sleeping drug. Please think about our offer and what is most important to you." The rat bastard said.

3 minutes later some people came in with the bracelet and switched it out for the cuffs. I was then escorted down the hall and led outside. I just picked a random street and walked down. It was 3 pm so people were out and about.

I saw some heroes capturing thieves, Muggers, etc. All I thought was 'why not kill them? That way they could never do any harm.'

"Hey Dante, sit with me."

I turned around to see it was a homeless man otherwise known as the underground hero Eraserhead who called for me.

"What?" I said not bothering to be nice to one of my captures, especially with his annoying quirk.

"Enroll in UA." He said calmly.

"Wow, oh great hero asking me a crime breaking vigilante to be a hero, the news would be ecstatic if they heard this."

"I'm serious from your record. You've never hurt innocents, you give details and evidence of the crimes of the heroes you kill, and you protect the people. If you're not a hero, then we can get rid of 99% of all our heroes."

"Sorry, still no. If I become a hero, I'll have to follow your rules and orders and that means I'm constrained."

"Dante, I said to get your license, not be a hero. That's up to you, but I'll leave you with these words you said you would kill the villains but does it really matter whether that's done on the run or with the good guys.

*2 hours Later*

3rd Pov

As I'm sitting with Nezu I answer his question agian.

"I accept your offer," Dante said glaring at Nezu.

"Great, you'll become a great hero," Nezu said smiling.

"Oi rat bastard. I'm not going to be a hero. I'll be a savior to the people. I accepted your offer because I realized that spending my life in a cell can wait till after all the scum is gone.

But make no mistake. I'll still get rid of the scum. I just decided to try it with the law on my side for a chance. If I'm hindered in a way that affects my goal too much, I'll just go back to being Azure Bird.

*Timeskip*

Midoriya Pov

"Wow, I can't wait to meet our new classmates," I spoke to Uraraka.

"Yeah Deku, let's do our best,'' said Uraraka while twirling.

'She's too nice, I don't deserve her.'

"Hey broccoli, it seems you've changed and got into UA. Good thing I saved a future hero. "said a mysterious voice.

When I turned around, I was shocked. The owner of that voice was someone who was supposed to be locked up in Tartarus prison.

"How are you here?"

"I decided to try out this hero thing."

6