Chapter 6
127 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After changing into the combat suit, we went into the training field. My suit was just my vigilante suit since I figured it wasn't worth it to change. All Might is now explaining the event.

"Due to an uneven number of participants, Young Dante will not be participating."

'Hm, it seems even with this bracelet on my wrist, Nezu doesn't want me injuring the new hero eggs before they can even hatch.'

Bakugo then started fuming and shouted, "Hey, All Might, if that's the case, put me and him in a 1 on 1; I'll school his ass before he can even use his quirk. I don't care if he used to be some stupid vigilante. "

However, without giving any more room for words, All Might said, "The first teams are team A-D." We then started walking into the observation room. As I was walking, I saw Boom Boom send eye daggers towards Midoriya. It would seem that they would have some personal grudges.

After arriving in the viewing room, All Might quickly started the match. Bakugo then started dashing towards Midoriya, leaving his partner behind.

Shaking my head, I couldn't help but think 'such a hot head only leads towards death. It would seem he needs a wake-up call. Hopefully, Midoriya can give it to him, especially since if he doesn't, that arrogance may lead him towards the path of villainy, and if so, I'll have to end his path early.'

After thinking such dark thoughts, I heard broccoli scream about how he's not some weak Deku, whatever that is. Then I watched as they fought and estimated many things, like their experience in combat, comprehension, and reaction. Then Bakugo released some dangerous explosives, shaking the whole building.

"Hey, All Might, why don't you stop this fight or there could be serious injuries," I said, turning to face All Might with a pondering expression.

However, without answering my question, he just turned his back towards the screen. 'Suspicious.' We then watched as Ida used his abilities to the maximum and got into the 'villain' role. He took away things Ms. Blush could have used for her quirk, smart thinking. After being found out by her laughing, she realized that there was nothing to use her quirk on. Just when we thought he had cornered her, the building shook again, a result of putting two people who damage the area around them when fighting in a small and cramped space.

It would seem that Midoriya and Ochako came up with some plan. Ochako, utilizing the floor breaking apart, used her quirk to shoot some chunks of concrete towards Ida and, with him distracted, she managed to touch the bomb and win.

We then all gathered together to discuss the battle. All Might said Ida was the MVP, and Momo explained why. However, before we got into the next round of battles, I had some things to say.

"I have some input, Ida. Although you are the MVP, you still have some things to improve. First, you could have used your speed quirk in a sneak attack to beat Ochako as she was completely unprepared. Also, you might have wanted to fight in a different room since you had the choice of where the battlefield was. Ochako, as you've seen, to apply your quirk in direct combat, you need multiple items. You might want to consider stocking up on things like heavy small metal balls. Next, Midoriya, if this was a real fight, you would have endangered the lives of many. As a hero, you would want to protect them first. So instead of antagonizing the villain, aim for a swift and complete takedown. Last but not least, Bakugo, you fit into the role greatly. However, since we know Midoriya is a one-hit-wonder, if you faked and made him use his quirk, he wouldn't be able to do anything. Plus, your hot head will cost you someday. Altogether, you all have things to improve on and some detriments. "

"Wow, OK with young Dante's explanation, let's get going to the next rounds."

In the heads of people, All Might was thinking, 'No wonder he was top-ranked and managed to almost beat us. With such observation at such a young age and the ability to consider so many factors, if he's a hero, he would be in the top 100 in intellect alone.'

With Todoroki, 'a new rival, never mind that the old man wasn't interested in him, and even then, he would only be a pebble on my path of surpassing HIM.'

With Mineta, 'Man, if he can think so much, can he know a girl's size just by looking?'

Following that, All Might announced that team B would face team I in the next round. When watching the fight, we saw Todoroki show great control of his quirk by freezing the whole building and easily taking the victory. Like before, I provided commentary on them.

"Todoroki, you could use your quirk on a smaller scale, like floor by floor. You're playing the part of a hero and you could not only have injured your partner but also other civilians. Shoji although you didn't do anything you might want to try using your ears to detect vibrations if you could, you might want to see if you can learn something from earphone jack if you want. For Ojiro, you should use your tail to get up and avoid the ice. This was very unfavorable terrain for you. Finally, for Hagakure, you should learn some techniques to complement your sneaky style."

With that, we continued, and I observed and commented on how many people could improve their strength, whether that be through increasing control of their quirk, better understanding, and researching things that could be useful for their quirk, leading them to the right development range for their quirk, etc. I did this for one reason: better strength means more lives saved.

"And that marks the end of our battle training. I hope you have learned many things today. Be safe, young heroes, and don't forget to go plus ultra." All Might rushed away with that last sentence. Well, I guess it's time for "work".

*Timeskip*

During the night, you can see a black figure chasing some fat criminals with tattoos on their faces in the shape of lions through the streets.

"Where is the bullet." "The black figure demanded.

"I'm not sure, man, I got them on the black market from this shady guy who claimed that if I, the boss, lent him some money, this bullet would spell the end of heroes."

"Then why are you and your men planning on a huge gathering."

"I don't know if I was visited by some mist-like guy who simply dropped some money and said, "Gather our men and that there was more where that came from."

After the black figure concluded that the fat man wasn't lying, he quickly stabbed the man in the throat, killing him. Then he used a bright blue flame to burn the body.

'Man, I've been running around killing like crazy since I got out. It appears that since I am believed to be captured, they thought that they could commit crimes again. Stupid vermin, even if I was locked away, I'm not the only one in this business.'

Well, I guess I should be lucky that I got the deal. I mean, after I told Nezu I was going to become a hero, he told me that I would have to quit being a vigilante, I told him that I'd stop being an azure bird, but I'd still be hunting criminals, specifically small-time thugs, by burning the body there's no evidence left. He agreed since this was the only way I'd ever agree to be a hero.

Looking towards the horizon, I saw the pink dust creeping its way into the sky. 'Well, I guess I should head back soon. After all, I can't be late. I then left the alley to go to "school". As I was running on top of buildings, I thought back to Class 1A and the battle event, and their usage of their abilities, 'They all have things they can work on, but if they have the determination, the villains will have something else to fear.'

*Timeskip*

For the past couple of days, things have been pretty boring. After the battle training, the classes have been normal. Reporters showed up at the school to question All Might. There was also an alarm that same day about a reporter breaking in, which was suspicious. Then Ida became president.

Today we're going on a trip to the USJ. Tuning back into the conversation on the bus, I heard something interesting: "Hey Midoriya, that power of yours seems similar to All Might."

Hearing that from Tsuyu made me think, 'Now that I think about it, that's true, I have seen many enhancer-type quirks that give a boost in physical strength, but none give that much. Plus, he has no control over it, but quirks are usually suited towards the body. Normally, you wouldn't be able to use 100% of your strength since you can't handle it. Quirks are like that. It's as if his body and quirk aren't compatible.'

"-Hey, we're here. Stop messing around. "Snapping out of my thoughts because of Aizawa's voice, I walked off the bus to see the huge USJ building. But that wasn't what I was thinking about; I was thinking about the space hero 13. Narrowing my eyes at her and preparing for possible combat, I thought, 'Man, I can't let my guard down even a bit. I mean, they have All Might, Nezu, Aizawa, and now 13; what's up with UA having so many heroes on my dangerous list?'

While 13 explained about quirks not being all that safe and that people needed to be conscious of their actions, I was on guard, not particularly against 13, but I had a gut feeling something would happen. Just then, some black portal sprouted in the middle of the place, and with that, many criminals started coming through.

'It seems that this is some form of portal. Wait, is that the lion person's mark? It would seem that they came for money then. ' Just then, after some handsy man child walked through, the portal closed and it became a person. 'A mutation type quirk?'

They then declared that they would kill All Might and that we were to serve as an entourage. Without orders, I charged into battle. Even with this suppressor on, I still utilized my quirk to manifest in my hands, coating my fist in azure flames.

With this, I started punching and beating up villains. Then Aizawa joined in and we started beating up the villains. They started dropping like flies, and it was clear that we would finish in a few minutes.

"Dante, stop fighting and go help the students." Said Aizawa, who, after catching his breath, knocked out another villain.

"What do you mean? My goal is to beat these villains and make the place safe again for the people. As such, I must finish them. " While saying that I burned another villain to an unrecognizable state.

"If your goal is to kill to save them, why don't you just save them? I can hold on to the villains, but there are bound to be more, and I reckon that some of these young heroes in training need your help. Ask yourself Is your goal to kill or save? "

*Flashback*

"It's ok dad, your quirk doesn't need to be useful, because when I grow up, I'll protect you, mom, and everyone. I'll become a hero so great that the symbol of my flames will light up everyone, even in their darkest hour. "

*Flashback End*

'Yeah, my goal was to protect, wasn't it? " I just got lost since when my parents died, I couldn't do anything, so I decided to eliminate the problem so I wouldn't have to protect them directly myself. I guess I got lost on my path and mixed up killing and protecting. '

With my newfound realization, I quickly left Aizawa, yelling a "sorry" to him and dashed, trying to find the class while also quickly defeating the villains I saw. After 2 minutes and realizing this was inefficient, I made my way back up the tall platform since I needed help from one of the people there.

Getting to the top, I see some of class 1A and say, "no time for explanations, please use your quirks and sever my arm, whether that be burning, melting, cutting, or other methods."

5