Chapter 10
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 *3rd Pov*

"It’s finally the last battle of the U.A. High sports festival! The top of the first year will be decided by this match! The final, so to speak! Bakugo Katsuki from the hero course, versus Dante Tanaka from the hero course! "

"Oi Flame Bastard, don’t be like that Half and Half bastard and not use your full strength. You defeated that bird monster, so I know you’re strong, so I expect a challenge. I’m not holding back, so use your full power or you’ll DIE."

*In the announcement room*

Aizawa, who heard Bakugo, couldn’t help but shake his head in both disappointment and pity. 

"*Sigh* Bakugo this confidence and arrogance will be your loss. Hopefully, after this fight, you can learn the difference between pride and arrogance. "

 "And facing this monster, I’m afraid if he does use his full power, you’d be dead before we could arrive."

"Now start. said Yamada. "

*3rd Pov*

When that was said, Bakugo dashed to the middle of the arena, and when he got there, he shot an explosion at Dante, who was waiting for an attack. 

As Dante dodged the explosions, Bakugo rushed towards Dante, who tried to use his flames to force Bakugo to dodge.

But Bakugo just blasted his way through them. Then, when he was about to be in range for close combat, he blasted himself in the air. 

Then, when directly above Dante, he blasted himself down, and when Dante was in range and Bakugo was close to colliding, Bakugo placed both of his hands next to each other below him and said, "Twin Explosion." 

A huge explosion was blasted at Dante, who was in point-blank range. When the smoke cleared, we saw Dante coming out of a dome of azure flames. 

"Nice job, Bakugo. I waited to see what would happen, and I congratulate you. For most of our other classmates, this would be lethal. "

Then Dante coated his palms in flames and dashed to Bakugo, trying to engage in close combat. But Bakugo kept blasting himself out of the radius and kept using big explosions with a wide effect, forcing Dante to dodge. 

"Wow, Eraserhead, Bakugo, who normally fights in close combat, is running and fighting at range. Any thoughts."

"He’s smart and a battle protege. He’s studied Dante's fights and realized that with Dante, if you fight in close combat, unless you can heal or defend against his flames, which can reach terrifying levels, then close combat is suicide. "

Then, for the next 3 minutes, they kept fighting, with Bakugo running around the field and sending explosions and occasionally hurting Dante, who then proceeded to just heal. 

And Dante kept being occupied with dealing with explosions, so except for one time in the beginning, when Bakugo decided to go in the air and immediately regretted it when he received burns, no injuries were sustained.

"Flame Bastard, am I not deserving? Stop playing! I know you haven’t used all your cards. Stop playing. " Yelped Bakugo from the other side of the stadium.

‘I guess my plans are already completed. I no longer need to play with him, as compensations lets show him a fraction of my power.’ Thought Dante.

"Ok Bakugo, since you're so impatient, let’s settle this in one move."

Dante decided to use one of his less lethal and more controllable attacks. Dante then partially transformed and flew into the air, and then he flew downward, gaining a rotational force and a small amount of gravitational force, which would lead to a moderate amount of damage.

Meanwhile, Bakugo, hearing that, grinned and blasted himself in the air, then produced explosions on the side of him, constantly propelling himself in a 360°, he gained a rotation, seemingly similar to Dante.

 Seeing the downward manner in which he’s going to add a small amount of gravitational force, the result of his explosion will be massive.

‘Heh flame bastard, this move was created from yours, so let’s test out the damage. Who will win, you or me?’

*At the announcement room*

"Cementoss, put a huge barrier around the crowd now!" Yelled Aizawa, remembering this dangerous move and realizing that since Dante wouldn’t kill, this would have a huge effect on its surroundings, plus Bakugos move.

"Aizawa, shouldn’t we separate the students like we did with Midoriya and Todoroki."

"Cementoss look at them. Both of them would be injured from the results of their own attack, especially Bakugo. "

*The stadium*

The battle arrives at a climax as both Dante and Bakugo almost release their techniques.

When they both release their techniques, they both shout, "Azure/Howitzer: IMPACT!!!"

Then the crowd’s view is blocked by a wall of cement as the stadium shakes because of the massage explosion. 

When the cement is broken, the crown and onlookers see an area scorched and littered with azure flames.

They see Dante, with half of his body burned, standing in the stadium as his wounds heal from his flame. He only looks a little tired.

Meanwhile, Bakugo, whose body was propelled out of the ring because of the explosions, looked angry.

Ignoring his numerous' burn marks and other injuries, he shouts, "You. Why didn't you use your full power? why..why…why do you look down on me too? Why, do you think I am not worthy? Is that it? Let’s go again? I won’t accept this loss. FIGHT ME. " Bakugo said, desperately while trying to stand up. 

Before Midnight used her quirk, she saw Dante walking over even as his body was healing. 

*Dante Pov*

"Bakugo, you need to look at yourself. You are in no condition to fight. I heard a famous quote that would fit your situation right now. "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained, you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. -Sun Tzu"

You are in no condition to fight, and even if you are arrogant, you are smart. Stop letting your rage blind you. I’m stronger than you, so I didn’t use my full power. If you don't like that or want to prove me wrong, then get stronger and prove it. Don't embarrass yourself or U.A. " 

With that, I walked away to let him process the information and for me to get some rest and recover.

*Timeskip*

"All of the first-year events for this year's U.A. sports festival has been completed. And now we will begin the award ceremony. "

Then the awards were rewarded to the top 3, which were me, Bakugo, and Todoroki. All might proceed to give the previous two some advice. 

Then, when he arrives at me, he says, "Young Dante, you fought bravely and generously. Thank you. I hope you stay on the right path and continue helping people and heroes. "

When he was finished, I said to him, "All Might I have something to say?"

He thought it over, then he handed me the microphone. I partially transformed and flew in the sky so I could talk uninterrupted.

I overhear the heroes discussing what I’m planning to do. 'Great!' I think as I see all the cameras trained on me.

"To start off, some of you may know me as Dante Tanaka, the winner of this festival, but some of you may have recognized these flames and this form. To clear up any misinformation, I am Azure Bird, the infamous vigilante that was supposed to be locked up in Tartarus prison.

I am saying this for a couple of reasons, but mainly as a reminder. This festival is usually to show off to the public the students' abilities and for heroes to scout apprentices or sidekicks, but this year I’m starting a new purpose. We are here for the people. We showed our abilities for them.

People who can’t walk down the street without fearing for their lives; people who can’t be out at a certain hour because the villains have claimed that time; people who live in fear of villains; this festival is for you to know that this future generation is strong and that your worries will be unfounded in a couple of years.

Villains, this is for you too. Continue to live in fear for the name Azure Bird, for it isn't dead. I… No, we will be hunting you. We will change the rules of these streets so no longer do the people need to live in fear. The ones that will be in fear will be you. We showed you our abilities so you can stay vigilant and be reminded that even though you are evil, the light that is the heroes will always make the darkness fade away.

So, I Azure Bird. No Azure Phoenix declares that my eyes are clear. We will rid this world of all you scum. With the help of heroes, people who don’t trust me or are scared of what I, as a vigilante, could do, I ask you to watch. When this generation of heroes arrives on the streets, the streets will be clear of all the garbage that is villains.

Villains, I once again declare, 5 years later from my previous one, we are hunting you down in a never-before-seen way. We will be more efficient, better suited, and more ruthless than before. I hope you test us, for those of you who do will just be serving yourself up for slaughter. Any scum hearing this, whatever heinous crime you have committed, whether you are a corrupt hero, evil civilian, or villain, if you have committed the crime, then watch your back for it’s only a matter of time before you end up in a cell for eternity/ or worse. 

As Azure Phoenix, I assure you, civilians, these streets will be safe to walk on once again. "

With that, I walked around and walked out of the tunnel, glad I had achieved my objective for this festival.

*3rd Pov*

People all around Japan and beyond are shocked. Civilians were crying because he had declared that one of their biggest worries was coming to an end. 

Heroes were admiring him because a 15-year-old has more wisdom, courage, and braveness than they ever will.

And most villains are cowering in the corner, knowing that Azure is coming. He’s famous in the villain circle for being ruthless, cold, and brutal. If he’s back and if what he said was true, then this new age will be the worst yet.

*Timeskip*

As I was walking to school, many people recognized me, so I just flew to the school. On the way, I observed that many of my classmates were also being harassed.

Arriving at the school and walking into the classroom, many people were discussing the sports festival, while some people, like Ida, Deku, and Bakugo, were not in good moods.

After Aizawa arrived, we chose our hero names. Some took on some creative names like Creati, or Tsukuyomi, while some had basic ones like Sugarman, Invisible Girl, Shoto. 

When it was my turn, I went up.

"Azure Phoenix."

"Is there a reason you could pick a new name, like a new identity?" said Midnight.

"No, I’m fine. A name is supposed to either strike fear into the name of your enemy like Hero Killer Stain or bring hope to the people in their darkest hours like All Might. Mine will achieve the first, so that's fine."

Then class went on about internships and the like. As class ended and I was thinking about my numerous offers, I was called to the conference room, so I went and arrived.

Arriving and walking into the room, I see the main teachers of the school and my favorite, Rat Bastard himself.

“We heard you mentioned the Hero Killer Stain in your class today, and when you were a vigilante, your actions were very similar; at one point, we thought you were working together, but with his recent actions, we have to wonder what your relationship with him is?"

Sighing, I told myself, 'I knew this day would come.’ "Yes, we have a relationship. The Hero Killer: Stain is my Sensei."

3