Chapter 12 (Edited)
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Recap-

I noticed the bandages all around her arms and legs. I get angry but cool myself off and keep a rational head. Realizing I couldn't call the heroes, I sent All Might a quirk text stating " S.O.S." Find me engaged in combat. "

I then follow them through an alley, but when I finally appear, they are gone. Thinking back to his quirk, I think, 'He Rearranged the ground.'

Heating the ground, I fall through, ending up in a hallway, but I'm greeted with...

-Recap End-

The sight of four walls on each side with exposed pipelines and doors that are identical in appearance to the walls.

Some kind of research facility.I think as I trace my hand along the wall, feeling some of the paint slightly rub off, making me think that this place is old.

I then start to run through the corridors, peering into any rooms I find along the way.

As I peered into some rooms, I found chairs with straps built into them, some doctor's materials with all kinds of needles, and some bandages covered in blood that dyed the original white scarlet red, just barely peeking out of the trash can.

As I stared at the vermilion-colored bandages, I got a horrible feeling, so I ran around checking, yet all I found further proved my worst fears wrong. 

Even a villain wouldn’t do such a thing, right?I thought.

Eventually, I found the security room. Hoping to find some more conclusive answers, I opened the door.

Yet the workers there quickly found me and jumped out of their seats in surprise, as they probably didn’t expect an intruder.

I dash forward, coating my hand in flames, trying to silence them before they could alert anyone of my presence.

Unfortunately, there was one person who got his bearings fast enough to smash the huge red button that instantly set off an alarm.

Sighing at the fact that sneaking around wasn’t going to be an option, I quickly killed most of the workers, sparing only one unfortunate guy.

Holding my flaming fist near his head, I said, "Pull up all the recordings of what happened in every room. Or I’ll burn you so bad you’ll be picking pieces of charcoal out of your face for years. "

As the guy went to work, I thought, Should I have spared these guys instead of killing them? I mean, they might have been forced to be here. Nezu’s going to scold me again since this could be counted as needless killing. ’

As the guy hesitantly pulled up the records and changed the speed to twice as fast, any possible guilt and hesitance that were forming were immediately extinguished. Instead, I regretted that I didn’t make these guys suffer a bit more.

Looking at the screen for five minutes, I gritted my teeth in anger as I watched a little girl, no older than seven, being continually tortured.

I watched as she was drained of her blood, given minimal time to recover, just to repeat the process.

But what made me gnash my teeth was that bastard using his quirk, Overhaul would reconstruct her body when she was about to break down from all this torture that she was enduring.

Calm down Dante, you can roast him alive after you see him. ’

The moment the video ended, I immediately incinerated the worker and didn’t hold back, allowing the room to burn in my azure flames as I walked out the door.

Dashing around, the alarms finally stopped and I was searching for Overhaul and the girl.

Instead of finding him, when I turned the corner, I found two men, who I recognized from the video. They were two of the eight bullets.

Remembering the information, I found in a file, I remembered these two as Shin Nemoto, a man who was dressed in a dark raven mask with a dark cloak covering his body and a black fedora-like hat on his head.

Then there was Rikiya Katsukame, a muscular man also in a dark droopy raven mask. He looked like he was ready for a fight and sized me up. From the look in his eyes, it seemed like he had decided that I was a worthy opponent for him.

Before I attacked, I saw Nemoto talking. "An intruder? How unexpected. Answer my question, who are you? And why are you here? "

I responded uncontrollably, "I’m Azure Phoenix, and I’m here to kill Shie Hassaikai and every other villain under him."

Dangerous I thought as I recovered from his quirks effect. As I shot towards Nemoto, Katsukame got in my way, attempting to hug me. 

Dodging, I ask a question of my own, "Where is Hassaikai?"

"I guess since you're going to die, I’ll tell you. After all, dead men tell no tales. He's currently down that hall, somewhere in this maze, awaiting news about your death," replied Katsukame.

'Why are villains like this? They always tell me their plans every time I ask, then I defeat them. When I get to the boss, they act as if I have found the answer to life. Not that I’m complaining though. ’

I dashed towards Katsukame, my fist covered in flames. I chose to fight in close combat. As both I and Katsukame trade blows, I notice that my stamina is depleting little by little whenever we connect blows and that Katsukame keeps getting stronger.

"What did you do?" I yell while faking the fact that I’m so tired that I might pass out.

"Hahaha, my quirk lets me take your stamina and use it as my own. Now die. " said the idiot.

Dodging his obvious fist, I placed my palm on his body, thinking 'I can’t possibly die to you since...’ 

"Omae wa mou shindeiru." As I said that, Katsukame uttered a "Huh" and then he was engulfed in flames. 

When they died down, not even his corpse was left, even his ashes just floated away.

Before Nemoto, whose face was stuck in disbelief, could run away, I sent some flames towards him. Since he was a normal person, even with his quirk, he couldn’t dodge them. He had just gotten burned and was directly incapacitated due to the overwhelming pain.

Should I kill him?' While I was debating on whether to kill him, Nezu’s words entered my mind: "the living have more value than the dead, and if you could, try to keep your victims alive."

Ultimately deciding that being scolded by Nezu wasn’t worth the trouble, I left the guy alive after burning his legs clean off. Consider this your luck, Nemoto.

Walking around the facility towards the direction that Nemoto told me to go, I came across many people, mostly the eight bullets.

When I encountered Toya Setsuno and Soramitu Tabe, I just burned them half to death. Yu Hojo and Deidoro Sasaki were defeated easily since I got some information about them from their colleagues after some "persuading."

Finally, I encountered Hekiji Tengai and Kendo Rappa. "I would like to avoid wasting time, so can you tell me precisely where Overhaul is? I ask before we fight.

"Sorry, no dice; I despise unnecessary fighting as well, but a job is a job. "Said Tengai.

Then Rappa dashed towards me while swinging his arms fast. Dodging continuously, I waited for an opening. When I found it, I took the chance to send a punch towards his solar plexus.

Before it connected, a yellow barrier appeared and blocked my punch. Looking up, I saw that Tengai was the one who had erected this barrier.

"Fighting is useless. With my barrier you can’t win, so could you just leave so we can avoid further confrontation? " Tengai asked.

Looking at the barrier, it seemed that without a powered-up punch, the thing simply wouldn’t budge. 

I decided that I wanted to make things simpler, so I let my flames coat my body and just stood there steadily, increasing the temperature of my flames, but this also affected the temperature of the room.

When they finally noticed, it was already too late. They couldn’t do anything since, if they wanted to fight, they would have to remove the barrier, but if they did, I could just burn them. The only thing protecting them was that barrier.

After a couple of minutes, Tengai finally let his barrier disappear and slumped to the ground, seemingly tired, while Rappa had been unconscious for a while. 

It would seem that this barrier also gives him great defense and stamina.

"I give up, Overhaul is further up that hallway in the first room on the right."

After Tengai said that, I ventured towards that hallway, but before I was out of earshot, I heard, "I pity you. That man is not an easy one to defeat."

Walking down the hall, I assessed the information I needed to fight Overhaul. He can rearrange things with his touch, so I'll fight at a distance. He has a hostage, so I should try to secure her first. I'll try and get him to perform the famous villain speech on why he’s right and how he is going to change the world, and if possible, use that chance to secure the girl.

Arriving at the door Tengai talked about, I opened it only to find a solid wall in front of me. I burned through it to be greeted with the sight of the girl in the videos shaking in the corners and Overhaul standing in the middle.

"Wow you got here, that means the Eight bullets failed. No matter, they were disposable. I should know the name of the perpetrator, so who are you? "

"I’m Azure."

In the room, I stood apart from Overhaul and said, "Before we fight, Just one quick question: WHY? You torture her and do all this. Why? "

"Why, you ask? Well, quirks are a plague on humanity; they have infected people with "syndromes" of heroism and villainy. Acts of heroic sacrifice or petty crime are a "sickness." This little one here can help me cure all the people in the world who are infected with this disease. You too are affected, but don't worry; when I'm done, everyone, including All Might, will be cured. "

Hearing enough of his bullshit, I bolted behind him with my hands covered in flames, trying to cremate him, but when I almost touched him, some spikes of earth tried to pierce me.

Jumping back, I see Overhaul with his hands on the ground. This time I sprinted near him and then released some flames from my palm and just sent them forward.

"Eri, don’t worry. I’ll save you. " 

Since I’m usually involved in the 'less talking, more killing' business and not the 'I’ll be your hero' business, I decided to take inspiration from All Might.

 As I fought with Overhaul after 5 minutes, Overhaul asked me an unexpected question. 

"Azure, I remember you. You’re Dante, right? The kid who picked a fight with all the villains a couple of years back and recently at U.A. "

"Yeah, what about it."

"Nothing, I just have a story for you. When I first heard about you on the internet, I thought that you were a prime example of a diseased person. Then, after the sports festival, many people investigated you and guessed what they found. Nothing. But I found something, something that I had forgotten about. "

He stands in the middle of the field and acts as if we haven’t been fighting for a couple of minutes. 

"Don't you think your parents' death was suspicious?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, Author Here!

I hope you like the book so far. If not, please give me some constructive criticism on why you don't, so I can improve. If you do, give me a thumbs up. Thanks for all the support. This is my first book, so it means a lot to me.

1