A Brand New World
356 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two demons appear on the other side of the portal and when they appear they walk out of an ally 

“Your highness, how long do you think we’ll be here?” Lilith asked in her smokey voice 

“It’s hard to say, however long it takes to regain my strength,” the Devil said before covering her mouth at the sound of her high-pitched voice.

“Who are you and what have you done with my master!” Lilith shouted and pointed at the small girl standing next to her.

“Lilith I am the master, something seems to have gone wrong with the portal where I became a human girl.” the Devil replied 

“ Well, I must say that you are absolutely adorable!” Lilith responded with a light giggle.

“I am not! I am the Devil, lord of the demons I am fearsome, NOT cute!” the Devil responded in her new high-pitched voice stomping one foot on the ground.

“Go take a look in a shop window and see for yourself,” Lilith responded gesturing to the other end of the alley.

The Devil ran down the alley and turned down the street to the nearest shop, she looked in the window and saw a human girl who could pass for early ’20s with long purple hair that look like the shade of lilacs, her eyes were a jade color but they kept their signature crescent moon shape. Lilith walked up behind her 

“See I told you so you’re absolutely adorable! It also looks like I'm taller than you too!” Lilith said teasingly.

“That's enough Lilith! I will not be mocked like this I am still your master and I will be obeyed.” The Devil shouted and glared at Lilith.

“Everything okay ladies we got a call about a couple of tourists were yelling,” a police officer asked 

“Huh? Do you know what he said?” the Devil asked.

“No clue,” Lilith replied 

The officer noticed the two girls didn’t understand “Why don’t you ladies come with me and we can talk at the station.” 

The two girls got into the strange machine that they later found out was called a car, the Devil used her powers to learn everything about this new world from the officer, and she and Lilith were released.

“So we are in a place called New York and it's a city on a continent called North America, which is on a planet called earth.” the Devil explained to Lilith.

“Interesting and this earth, how much magic does it have?” Lilith asked.

“None so it looks like we are stuck here considering we need to use our magic to get identities set up.” the Devil said.

The two girls found a building where they could falsify medical records and personal information Lilith became Lilly Alexandria Alburn. Cassie held her ID and studied her new identity.

Name: Cassandra Marie Alburn

Hight: 4’9.5

DOB: 04/25/1997

SEX: F

Eyes: Jde

Lilly looked down at Cassies ID and notice something

“Oh shit, you made us sisters, I love that’ Lilly said excitedly ‘not only that but I’m your big sister. It may only be by a year but I'm older regardless and taller”

“Yeah yeah rub it in,” Cassie said rolling her eyes.

“Well if you need any sisterly advice I’d be happy to help you out LITTLE SIS” Lilith teased

“I'd rather be short than a 6,4 giant!” Cassie replied angrily.

“Good because you are too cute to be tall, it just wouldn’t work for you” Lilly replied.

Cassie looked away hiding the conflicted look on her face. They were able to use the last of their magic to get enough money for clothes and an apartment.

“Alright, so I think we need to get jobs so we can pay rent and not get thrown out of our new base of operations” Cassandra or rather Cassie said.

“Yeah I agree I actually went ahead and found you something that pays fairly well in the standards of this world,” Lilly said handing Cassie a job application 

“Eternally 22? Is this that super girly store where we got our clothes from?” Cassie complained.

“Well, we are girls so our clothes are gonna seem a little girly, which by the way you look super cute in,” Lilly said with a mocking-like tone.

“For a demon, you are such a girl,” Cassie replied.

“I may be a demon but that doesn’t mean I can’t be what you refer to as girly, speaking of do you know why you turned into a girl when we entered this world?” Lilly asked.

“Not at all, but I should get used to it, I mean it's not like I have magic to expend to change it,” Cassie replied waving a hand as to dismiss what Lilly said.

“Well then CASSIE,” Lilly said emphasizing the new name of her master. I suggest you fill out that application and drop it off so we can start getting money.”

“Yeah yeah I’m working on it, what about you I’m not the only one who is going to be working,” Cassie replied.

“I am going to apply for a job as well,” Lilly replied.

Cassie finished filling out her application and dropped it off at the store where she was interviewed and hired that same day, her first shift wasn’t until a few days later so she used that time to explore her new world and new city. She was walking up and down the streets around her apartment building looking up to the sky and taking note of the massive buildings when she bumped into a girl who was walking out of a shop. Cassie fell back due to the sudden surprise of bumping into someone.

“Oh my God, I'm so sorry are you hurt?” the strange girl asked reaching out to help Cassie up 

Cassie looked up at the girl and saw a girl with long crimson red hair in a braid with eyes a lighter shade than her hair. She took the girl's hand and noticed the girl towered over her and was at least a foot taller than her. Cassie kept looking up at the girl and felt a warm feeling in her chest and thought 

What's this feeling in my chest? Do I like her? Impossible! I’m a demon.

“Hey, are you alright? Hurt at all?” the girl asked.

“Um yeah, I'm fine thank you,” Cassie said nervously and looked away while slightly blushing.

The tall girl looked at Cassie as if taking note of her details.

“Your pupils are an interesting shape, never saw anyone with crescent moon-shaped pupils” she commented. 

“Oh um thanks but I gotta go sorry for bumping into you,” Cassie said before running off.

Why did I feel that way? What was that feeling I felt when looking up to her, was that a human emotion? I haven’t felt anything like that since Lexion was first created. 

Days after Cassie started her job at Eternally 22 and her first shift she was immediately thrown into the deep end due to it being a weekend day the store was constantly busy, from open to close customers were shopping nonstop.

“Good job today Cassie!” her manager Samantha said as she was counting down the registers.

“Oh um thanks its nothing really” Cassie replied smiling 

“Nothing!’ Samantha exclaimed ‘Cassie today was the back to school shopping day it was amazing how well you were able to seemingly help so many customers”
“Just doing my job” Cassie replied with a nervous chuckle.

“How would you like to learn to register tomorrow, we’ll be pretty slow and I could always use having some else who can check out customers,” Samantha asked.

“Sure I’d love to thanks,” Cassie said with a smile.

Cassie left the store and began walking home, after her shift, it was late night and Cassie was walking home when she felt as if she was being watched, Cassie turned around and noticed someone following her that looked familiar and realizes that its the girl she bumped into the other day.

“Oh um hi, funny seeing you again,” Cassie said nervously.

“Your eyes gave you away, Devil.” the girl said glaring at Cassie

13