Deception
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At that time, several other guys were preparing to attack me. However, after seeing what had happened to their friend, they froze.

The ring of people that were surrounding me became wider. I saw fear and shock appear on the faces of everyone around.

They were afraid of me… And maybe for a good reason. My special eyes showed me that the average strength of Sun Skull gang members was around [E+]. What's more, almost none of them had any SA, or Martial Skills. That means that I was much stronger than any of them is. The difference between us was as wide as that between an adult man and a child.

After all, I was on the General-level.

However, I wasn't the only one like that. My gaze shifted to Mishima. She was looking at me with surprise in her eyes, and so did her previously bored girlfriend.

However, I knew that it won't last long. I wouldn't endure an all-out assault from all these people.

What should I do… Wait.

I know.

THAT might work.

I took a breath and said in a relaxed voice:

"So, anyone else?"

"…"

"Anyone else wants to give it a try?" I asked and pointed my sword at the guy that was lying still on the ground. Then, I placed the sword on my shoulder and said:

"I can wait…"

I was trying to appear carefree as if I could beat these people with ease. I mean, unlike me, they could not see my true strength. Therefore, with that in mind, I tried to scare them into thinking that I could easily deal with any one of them, even with all of them together.

I even smiled to appear more relaxed… And suddenly I heard something fly close to my hand. I swiftly turned, protecting myself with a sword. It shivered, and I saw something fall on the ground.

It was a stone.

I swiftly looked around and saw a slingshot in the hands of the short girl named Ringo. She lowered her weapon and frowned.

After that, I was still trying to appear calm, but it became much harder. I knew very well that I was simply lucky to block that shot. If I were late even by a second, the stone would have hit my shoulder. Would be painful, sure. But the real danger is that it would have ruined my appearance of a strong warrior.

And if I show even the slightest weakness, all these bastards will attack me at once.

That girl surely knew about that, that is why she tried to shoot me.

Seems like her [A-] INT was not just for show.

Once again, there was silence. Mishima was annoyed, while Ringo was frowning, seemingly trying to come up with another plan.

Suddenly, while the tension was still in the air, someone broke it by running straight at me. I was about to hit that person, but before I could raise my sword, I saw that it was a little girl.

It was Yuki, and while I was confused by why exactly she thought that it was a good idea to show herself, the girl tried to shield me from all these people with her body. She lost her glasses while running, so...

"Who the hell is she?"

"Get her away!"

Almost everyone was confused by the appearance of a schoolgirl in this place. I shifted my gaze to Toshihiro and saw his eyes go wide. Several moments after, he shouted with rage in his voice:

"What are doing here!?"

The girl bit her lips and, after hesitating for some time, said:

"I… I have called the police! They will be here soon, so… Release him!" a light flush appeared on her pale cheeks. She raised a hand in which she was holding a phone.

A commotion happened in the crowd after that. People became worried. Even I felt a tingle of fear. Did she really call the police? I mean, we were in a dire situation, but if the cops appear, it will be even worse for me. Toshihiro will go to prison, and surely, I will be questioned as well.

It still beats being executed, but I will lose a rival… Curses.

But wait. Let's just think about it calmly. Yuki was a clever girl. She had a high [Int]. Surely she knew the consequences of involving authorities. Maybe she was simply bluffing to scare these bastards and save her brothers…

Well, I really hope so.

Everyone around started talking. Worried expressions appeared on the faces of the gang members. It would have been a pleasant sight if I wasn't so worried myself. However, soon I saw the look on Mishima's face and shivered.

The girl was smiling. Suddenly, she made a step forward, rose her fist to attract the attention of the crowd, and said:

"Oh, so you called the police… Too bad!

"According to the law set by the first King of the Streets, the police is forbidden to interfere in our matters!"

Her voice was thunderous.

Everyone around shivered.

My expression became strange.

Was she really telling the truth? Because if she did… Then this world is even more dangerous and insane than I thought before.

"So, you were trying to deceive us?" asked Mishima with a haughty look on her face.

Yuki shivered.

"Ha… Listen to my command!" said the girl and raised her fist. I felt the tension become even worse. After the deception attempted by Yuki, most of the people calmed down and weren't as afraid of me as they did before.

"Tie them down!" shouted Mishima.

And right away a tall guy started walking toward Yuki. I felt cold inside of my chest. I knew, that if I try to block him, I will expose myself to the girl with a slingshot…

2