Chapter 8: Gun-Fu skillz
1k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter has been Edited on; 01/10/2023

 

 

Jake's suit locked on the hostile targets. He had then pulled the trigger and blasted the heads of the 30 centimeter long mosquito like creatures, sprayed and suspended the neon green brain juices into dead space similar to floating rain droplets.

"Oh! Shhhite!" The wide eyed but ecstatic Jake was then choreographed by his slim fit white suit in pulling both triggers, pink laser beam projectiles hit the locked targets. Each shot, gouged large chunks of bug flesh from their heads, abdomen, and some shots shaved off their wings clean, with green fumes left on the charred transparent wings.

[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 153 HP]

Another mosquito like head exploded, and green ooze splattered on top of the ship while some bug organs had drifted into space in their horrific irregular shapes and forms.

[Target Terminated! Exp gained!]
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 155 HP]
[Target Terminated! Exp gained!]

The death notifications excited Jake's heart to the point he felt like a young boy who discovered masturbation for the first time again. 'Pure Thrill'.

He wasn't a psychopath for taking lives or anything. No! He was far worse. He was a shut-in gamer weeb, that had constantly fantasized being one of the game characters he used to use as avatars to grind levels by killing monsters and villains.

But now he was now similar to those virtual characters. Who wouldn't be happy with living their fantasies!? "Built to Fuck and kill, a perfect form I guess! kekeke." A chuuni cackle escaped from his mouth, with a slight hint of madness unconsciously showing.

Then green sparkling Emerald gems floated in front of the bug exterminating white knight.

[Magical core Detected! Collect it!]

Jake stretched out his arm and retrieved the green core that immediately got absorbed into the suit by its micro-nanites.

[2 Low quality [F] rank Shrieking Space critter green cores, collected!]

The swarm of bugs split in two in an attempt to flank the futuristic armored bug exterminator.

Instantly Jake's armored body back-stepped itself into position, he stretched out both arms and once again, had begun to rapidly annihilate both sides with laser projectiles.

In dark space a distance away, one could see pink flashes of light similar to fireworks, and like moths attracted to light, more space critters approached the Nova ship.

He then glanced at the completion rate percentage only to find out that a measly 4% had been achieved.

"What the!? I thought you said it would be quick," He questioned Rai.

"I have no records of giving such false information," Said Rai.

In his short outburst his mind went out of sink with his suit, which momentarily gave ample time for one sharp stinger to attack his thigh. And 2 space critters went for the navigation core.

[F_Early Activating magic shield]
[F_Early] Magic shield
Release a spherical light shield around yourself only.
(Active)
Cool down: One Minute
Effect: Release a protective membrane orb around your whole body, to protect you from harm by Early-Mid F rank attacks, be sure to pay attention at the durability percentage meter.
And like a bug hitting a headlight the space critter's hardened stinger, was fractured into four parts upon impact with the magic shield's pink energy powered membrane.

[99% Shield Durability]

Jake then kneed one alien bug to the thorax, at the same time delivered ray shots to all of them combined under a second, before they could reach the loading navigation core.

[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 160 HP]
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 155 HP]
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 153 HP]
[3 Targets Terminated! Exp gained!]
[Level up!]

"And why are you not helping me?! Don't you have drones or something?" Said Jake, his arms automatically aimed at the back, and gunned down 3 critters heads off clean, thanks to the suit and perception stat, which was as if he had eyes on the back of his head.

"As stated earlier, in order to allow you to hack my navigation system, all security countermeasures had to be shut down." Said Rai emotionlessly in her robotic tone.

"Yea! Yeah! Whatever, I should consider myself lucky that the battle mode suit is doing most of the work." Said Jake, who leaped sideways as a green gooey spike from the fat abdomen of a new space critter flew by his head.

The suit helped him readjust his position and shot the critter down.

[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 153 HP]
[Target Terminated! Exp gained!]

"Yes with your performance holding at bay for an hour will not be too much of a difficult task!" Said Rai.

Jake could not help but curse inwardly at Rai, because now he had been surrounded by a swarm on all four sides.

"Tch" His suit spun him like a tornado, and he released pink rays on all his blind spots, accurately bringing down, the now pesky bugs.

[Shrieking Space critters is shot! Critical hit! Minus 155 HP] × 2
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 155 HP] × 2
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Critical hit! Minus 155 HP] × 2
[Targets Terminated! Exp gained!]

Smoke flowed out in a thin stream from the heated nuzzles, and Jake felt warmth accumulating rapidly on his hands, till the pistols jammed up with *click* sounds and stopped firing.

Psstshh! Psstshh!

[1200°F]
[Twin Ray Guns! Overheat limit reached!]
[Fire arm switching].
[Gun Tactics. Rapid Assault machine-gun!]

The handguns transformed, into two parts, an extended clip, and the other turned into a machine gun futuristic assault rifle.

Jake's hands combined them together and pulled the trigger releasing a rain of pink bullet rays. A shower of light devastated the critter swarm like a shower of hail.

[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Minus 76 HP] ×4
[Target Terminated! Exp gained!]

More space critters exploded into green ooze after multiple shots, which rapidly depleted Jakes Magic Power.

Green bug limbs were strewn atop the spaceship roof, Jake's tactical scouting skill, rapidly worked in overdrive locking on the nearest threat to be gunned down.

Even with the cyber skills, Jake still felt he was getting slower. Luckily his will power kept his stomach steeled to the grotesque sight of intestines, and severed limbs that had laid bare on the ground while levitating in space, staining his white battle suit.

[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Minus 72 HP] ×4
[Shrieking is Space critter is shot! Minus 57 HP] ×4
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Minus 63 HP] ×5
[Shrieking Space critter is shot! Minus 76 HP] ×6
[Targets Terminated! Exp gained]

Even with over a dozen kills, more swarms appeared and his suit's shield got multiple scratches, thanks to some pesky suicidal space critters, that disregarded all defense and, just rammed themselves at weak points of the shield, Jake got slower at each turn, dodge, and shot, losing concentration and magic.

[Low magic power!]

"Fuck! I feel some discomfort in my heart, how is the percentage going like?" He glanced once again at the protected sphere showing the calibration progress percentage rate..
20%...22%...25%

"Fuck!" Cussed Jake with more frustration at the loading time, than the possible endless swarm.

[Warning! Magic power low, do you wish to activate Regeneration with remaining Lustron energy boost] (Yes/No)

'Yes'

[F_Early] Regeneration
Lost your composure and concentration use a dose of lustron energy to get back up your feet.
Cool down: None
Effect: Regain lost magical energy and recover health and stamina

A wave of cool air, circled around Jake's body to once again, return his magic power to its peak and his heart ache phased away like mist.

"Damn! Bugs just die already!" He blurted in a frustrated tone, but what he did not realize was that slowly but surely he was not being controlled by the suit any more.

He was now subconsciously learning and, adapting at an alarming speed thanks to his improved cyber brain and, the pressure of fighting an overwhelming race against time battle, with an added burden of having to protect the navigation core.

Note: Thanks for reading! And for clicking the ♥ icon. Please continue clicking the ♥ icon (Let's get at least 15 likes for this chapter). And, bookmark the story to motivate me to keep writing.

28