Prologue
641 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Haruto Renzaki

Age: 16

Occupation: Student

---

It's been a long time since I've been to this place.

By long, I mean the three month long summer break that this magnanimous high school bestowed upon us students.

Today is August 23, 2018, which just so happens to be a Monday.

Unsurprisingly, I went to school today with a less than amused attitude.

Even though the fall season had just begun, there was no hint of the weather following suit.

The sweltering heat of summer had followed into August, which made going to school more of a drag than it should've been.

This school that I had been going to since last year is a decently popular choice in the area.

Sakurazaka High was a place where people of all walks of life attended.

Whether it be foreigners, people of different cultures, or even natives of the area; they all chose to go to this school for some reason.

In all honesty, I can't blame them.

Due to its popularity, a monstrous amount of funding was given to the school which resulted in a comfy school life for all the students.

Good food, great teachers, an amazing campus, there's really not much to complain about.

Although, that's probably why I was enrolled into this school by my parents.

They thought it would be a good experience for me to meet a variety of people from different walks of life, so they enrolled me into this school without even asking for my consent.

It had annoyed me at first that they didn't even ask for my opinion, but I remembered this was how my parents were all throughout my life.

"Spontaneous" was an understatement when it came to describing my parents.

They were all over the place and whimsical to the point of creating migraines for me whenever a new idea popped into their heads.

Even though they're a bit troublesome, I still love them with all of my heart.

They surely weren't perfect parents, but they supported me in all my endeavors, which was just enough for me.

Putting that aside, I finally arrived at school and took in the familiar sight that I had seen almost everyday for the last year.

Everything was the same as last year.

The shrubbery that was being beautifully maintained by the custodians.

The hustle and bustle of the students cheerfully talking to their friends.

The line of people waiting for a chance to get snacks and drinks from the vending machine.

The pristine multi-complex buildings that housed all of the school's classrooms and facilities.

Everything was just the same as last year.

"Oh?"

I let out a slight gasp when I saw something that was radically different than last year.

There was a girl who was walking around the campus with a puzzled look on her face.

The puzzled look wasn't what shocked me, that was a typical reaction since the campus is pretty big.

The thing that shocked me was her silver-colored hair that was shining brilliantly in the sunlight.

Not many people had exotic colored hair, which was the reason her appearance was so dazzling yet shocking at the same time.

In addition to her exotic silver-colored hair, the girl had an appearance that seemed to match her beautiful hair.

With curves in all other right places, a slim waist, and minimal fat; the girl had a bombshell body that could've been used in a modeling magazine without any opposition from the male audience.

For some reason, the girl was looking around in the crowd, as if looking for someone in particular.

Sensing something troublesome coming, I decided to leave the area as soon as possible to ensure that nothing out of the ordinary would happen to me.

However, I was just a beat too late.

In the split moment that I had made the decision, the girl and I locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity.

Peering through the windows of her soul, I could tell that she was feeling a mixture of emotions.

Relief, happiness, anguish, regret; they were all there.

Those crimson eyes that were telling a story of a million words were making me extremely confused.

Why does she have such passionate emotions for someone she has never met or talked to?

Moreso, why am I feeling so weird when I look at her?

Refusing to confront these rising emotions within me, I swiftly ran away with one burning question on my mind.

Why does she feel so... familiar?

13