Chapter 13 – The Weekend (1)
233 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mmm, why is there sunlight coming through my curtains?

It should only be early morning... Oh crap.

The time is almost noon, which means I've slept half the day away.

Even though it's finally the weekend, I shouldn't be sleeping all day.

I can't blame myself though, the last couple days have been really hectic with all that business about Shizu.

Man, it's been a surreal experience meeting her again.

I'm still a bit tired, so I guess I'll sleep in some more.

"You're not sleeping anymore! It's almost noon!" A loud feminine voice echoed throughout my room as the door went flying open.

Hearing that voice, I immediately threw the blanket over myself once again. "I refuse, it's the weekend and I'm tired. Good night~"

Unluckily for me, things would not go the way I wanted them to.

The blanket was forcibly ripped off of me and I was met with the beautiful face of an annoyed childhood friend.

"Mou... you really do get lazy if I don't keep an eye on you..." Sakura complained.

Looking back on it, I just realized that I have two childhood friends that are both girls.

Is this supposed to be an unorthodox romance manga where the childhood friend wins?

"So, what did you pull me out of bed for?" I grumbled.

Sakura could be like a mom sometimes, but I'm sure she wouldn't pull me out of bed for no reason.

"How have your grades been?" She asked, with an eyebrow raised.

"G-good," I stammered.

Oh sh*t, so this is what it was.

I bombed my last math test and scored a mediocre score that was neither good or bad on my English test.

Luckily, I managed to hide the test scores by crumpling them up and throwing them in my trash can.

There's no way that Sakura will be able to find out.

"Hoh, so what are these?" Sakura said, as she pulled out my crumpled-up exam papers. "Let's see... D- on the math paper and a C+ on the English paper. Good grades, you say?"

She found out.

My life is over now.

Forfeit it all.

"I can explain..." I nervously backed away from her.

"Explain what?" Sakura maniacally laughed, as she inched closer towards me. "There's nothing to explain. You know what these bad grades mean, right?"

Oh, I know a little bit too well.

It's happened too many times which resulted in the actual event being burned into my brain.

The infamous all-day spartan studying session hosted by none other than Sakura.

I never want to relive that again.

"No! Please! I beg of you, spare meeeeee!" I wailed.

I jumped out of my bed and prostrated myself on the floor, hoping to see Sakura give me some mercy.

"No mercy at all, get your writing utensils out. We'll be starting with English," she ruthlessly said.

"..."

Goodbye cruel world.

***

"With that, I think we're good for the day," Sakura declared. "I hope to see some good test scores on the next exam."

"Guh... End my suffering already..." I moaned.

Sakura had indeed hit me with the spartan studying session that I had been through before.

For the last seven hours, I was subjected to immense torture through the way of studying.

I only made it through because I would frequently run off to the bathroom to play some games on my phone.

If I hadn't done that, I don't think I would've survived Sakura's hellish studying methods.

"I'm so tired..." I said, as I struggled on the way to my bed.

Sakura seemed apologetic about what she made me do, as evident by her sorrowful expression. "Uuu... I think I went a little bit overboard..."

Even if she did go a bit overboard, I know Sakura was trying her best to help me out, which made me really appreciate her.

"I think you did just fine, I learned a lot from our session," I bowed. "Thanks for taking care of me, I really appreciate it."

It's always nice to have someone there to keep you accountable.

I really like these parts of Sakura's personality, it really shows how reliable she can be.

"You'll make a good wife to someone someday," I nodded.

"Eh...?"

Huh, why is Sakura trembling with an embarrassed expression?

Was what I said weird?

I wasn't lying though, I think Sakura would really make a good wife one day.

Good luck, future husband. You're in good hands.

"Heehee, me as a wife? Haruto, were you telling the truth?"

"Yeah, I was being serious. I'm seriously jealous of your future husband for having such a good wife."

"I see," Sakura mumbled, happily. "You're jealous... that's good."

I don't know why, but I feel like we're not on the same page.

Sakura seems happy though, so I'll leave the misunderstanding continue for a little bit longer.

"Are you hungry?" Sakura asked. "I can whip up some dinner real quick."

"Yes please! I'm starving so that sounds really good right now."

"Okay, I'll go start cooking it. Be back soon~"

Sakura left the room and went downstairs to go cook dinner, which left me with nothing to do and no one to talk to.

Bzzt

As I was thinking that, my phone went off with a new notification.

The only people I text are my parents and Sakura, one was cooking and the others usually don't text at this time, so there was only one person left who would text me at this time.

I went to my desk, grabbed the phone laying on top of it, and looked at the screen to verify the person texting me.

---

[Shizu]

"Can I come over tomorrow?"

---

I'm going to have an eventful weekend, aren't I?

7