Ch 5: End of the First year
4.4k 14 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

= 7 months =

More time has passed, but at least now is not so boring, I have finally enough limb coordination to walk on my two little feet, it took quite a bit of time but I finally achieved it. I think it is still a bit early for a child to learn to walk but 11 months is what I deemed to be out of the 'really suspicious' range.

My new method of mobility was attained under my mother's watch obviously, I started doing attempts 2 months ago and managed to do it last month, my mom was extremely worried as she sometimes is when she doesn't know what to do with me.

In this case, she didn't want to let me walk for fear that I might hurt myself but she also wanted me to try because I would eventually need to walk. Because of this, she remained a nervous sponge that would spring up and use her quirk every time I almost tumbled to grab me.

I had a suspicion about her quirk since she somehow could grab stuff clearly out of the range of her arms but I never could get a look at it, but now I had seen her extend her arm one meter to grab me before I fell, so that confirms it.

At that moment I concluded that she hid her quirk since she didn't want to startle me, so I gave her a curious look to show that I was not afraid of her. she sighed in relief and played with me using her quirk by grabbing my plushies before I could get to them.

[Now I wonder what my dad's quirk is?]

(A/N: Yeah Tomomi has no idea her father is quirkless since is never brought up in front of her)

Anyway, to get close to my dad I decided to hang out with him more, so I've been playing with my legos and plushies beside his favorite couch. It's only possible on weekends since he has no work on those days.

I have this box where I put my legos, the box has wheels that I masterfully attached with superglue, a piece of wood that I think belongs to my bed, and some wheels, There's a thread is attached to the side of the box side so I can move the box easily. So now I can go near dad and hang out with him.

My dad noticed this, but as always he is quite dumb around kids and decided to do something that... I mean I normally would say is idiotic and useless, if it wasn't for me being a reincarnated person. . he read the newspapers to me.

He doesn't seem to be aware of my status in this world, actually, it seems that he would do this to anyone who would seek him while he was reading. Even my mother started hanging around to hear him reading, which was amusing, to say the least.

The operation gets dad to love me was successful from the day I was born. now... Operation 'make dad show me love' is still in progress but he does show it a lot more now, he even started taking... A LOT of pictures of me while playing, even some of my lego constructions were in them.

[But today is the day I destroy them both for sure]

Today is my birthday, My parents are aware that I sort of understand them, it is actually made more believable since my dad reading the newspaper is something that could lead to me actually learning words, and today I would speak them.

I have been careful to not speak while in front of my parents, teasing them with half words throughout the year, but I've been practicing in solitude, because of my plans for today.

I have been fed some solid food and now I would get cake, of course. My parent's anticipation is palpable in the air, they slowly lead me to the dinner table and sat down, my dad brought up the cake and began slicing it up.

""Happy birthday Tomomi"" They both said, well my dad said, my mom of course almost screamed it before shutting up to not disturb the neighbors.

The cake was not big at all, but it didn't matter, I got a slice and began eating cheerfully while my dad took pictures of me while my mom gushed about me in relative silence.

[Yes... now it is time]

I turned toward my mom who sat beside me, she looked at me, those dark eyes full of love and care, seeing my reflection in those eyes made me realize how lucky I was in this world, and I definitely would make it worth it for my parents, and myself.

I gather up some of my breath while giving my mom the most genuine smile I could, my mom was extremely happy that she almost hugged me, but before she could suffocate me in her chest I spoke.

" I wuv you mum!!"

[2X Critical Hit.]

My mom froze up for a moment as I heard my dad almost cheer for me, he contained himself but I could see his proud smile watching me while still pointing the phone at me.

[I wonder when he will ta-]

"Kyaaaaaaa!!!" I get grabbed and crushed between my mom's arm and her chest, making it very hard to breathe. My mom picks me up and starts swaying me.

"You're going to suffocate her Aiko" my dad says with a smile on his face.

"She should have thought of that before being born 'this' cute" My mom finally releases me while showing me off to my dad, I giggle and smile at him.

"Dad!!!" I shout extending my arms towards him.

"Gah!"

His eyes widened while he put his hand on his chest clutching the grey shirt as if he had been punched. My mom laugh at me at his reaction as we got a front seat, my mom pull me closer and started rubbing her cheeks with mine.

"What a lovely angel we have here!!! isn't that right dear?"

"OF course" my dad almost yelled, but he was regaining his composure slowly from the gut-punch of cuteness he didn't expect.

[As much as I want to talk more, that would be too suspicous]

"You got that?" My mom asked my dad about expectations.

"on 4K"

[Wait he was filming? I thought he only was doing photos]

I was put on my seat again so I could finish my chocolate cake, while I was happily humming and going along with the mood I saw my mom extend her arms and yank my dad's phone, he raised an eyebrow and spoke to mom.

"You know I already sent you the video"

"I know!! is just faster this way"

My dad only sighed and my mom's antics while he gave her a look that said 'I would have done the same thing' and watched her see the video, replaying it again and again until she was satisfied.

[I will be an interesting next year that's for sure]

170