Ch 16: I’m made of rubber
3.7k 11 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of school was simply filled with questions about my quirk and how cool or uncool it was, which was not surprising since we are talking about 2 to 3-year-olds in this classroom. Although the comments that I could overhear do sound overly mean for what is essentially a part of myself, the amount of emphasis that these brats put on quirks is honestly astounding, they literally have no empathy.

[Are kids sociopaths?]

I shake my head out of the strange delusions that I was having while concentrating on my current objective, surviving the quirk examination, and registering.

[Should not be that bad]

"Are you nervous?"

"...Just a little bit"

In truth, I was decently scared but I had no real reason to, the quirk examination is a normal procedure done for every person who has manifested a quirk. This task is actually done by specialized doctors, or in this case, pediatricians that are focused on the nature of quirks and on handling children.

Although the government has indeed banned the use of quirks in public, it is incapable of adapting to specific quirks if it doesn't know their effects on the user and those around them, so these quirks examinations are for simple information collecting. It also serves people like All For One in seeing which children are going to suddenly disappear along with their quirk.

[I should be fine right???]

As far as I knew, The Gomu Gomu No mi only grants the user a rubber body, the powers that Luffy displays are extraordinary, but they are mostly of his doing since not a lot of people would find their body made of rubber a good thing. Apart from that the manga really didn't delve into it any more than that.

[The manga wasn't finished when I died so nothing is really set in stone...]


 

"So, You manifested your quirk, mind telling me what you know about it?" The doctor asked me, I was seated beside my parents while I was simply focused on relaxing.

"I'm made of rubber!"

"..."

"I see"

The start of the examination is going great as I can see, I see that the doctor is used to children doing the exact same shenanigans as I, my parents actually look at me in astonishment as I had kept the secret of my quirk until now, the doctor simply smiles and proceeds.

"Can you give us a demonstration" 

"Un!"

With a finger, I stretch my cheek far more than is normally possible until I have no more arms-length to pull from.

"shee, I'm strehhchhy~"

"You can stop now"

I let go of my cheek and it comes flying at me, the impact makes my head bob from left to right rapidly, I have to concentrate on not becoming dizzy at the results.

[Oh right... I'm completely made of rubber]

"Alright then, where does your quirk work on your body?"

"All"

"Any discomfort while using it?"

"I'm a bit too stretchy!"

"Okay? how do you activate your quirk"

"I can't deactivate it" I say while frowning.

"Mmmm? you can't?"

"I'm just made of rubber"

"... I understand"

I had to answer and do a few more demonstrations before we had to do some tests on my blood samples and even some psychological studies. I had everything down and eventually, I was led to a training room where I could test my quirk, under my parent's supervision.

[Finally! I can use this quirk]

While on the training grounds I tested my flexibility and surprising no one, I could basically wrap my legs from my back all the way to my front. The way my legs just do something that, by all means, should break my bones is pretty cool and a bit disorienting since I'm not used to it yet.

Eventually, I tried most things that I wanted. except for one since I wanted to adapt before using it

"Okay times up"

"Wait!! I wanna try one last thing!"

My dad pauses for a second before simply nodding, I put my center of gravity lower since my next move is going to pack some energy in here, I breathe in and breathe out and then I threw back my arm behind me, and it extended a good 5 meters.

"Rubber pistol"

My arm returned in a flash before extending past me, the amount of momentum it carried was enough to almost make me stumble, but I managed to stand. While my punch definitely went a bit astray but it still landed on the wall safely.

"You shouldn't punch the wall like that Tomomi, it's going to hurt your hands" Dad walked up behind me and crouched to inspect my hand for any bruise. 

"... Don't worry dad! it doesn't hurt" I say while letting myself get picked up.

"It doesn't hurt?" My dad simply raised an eyebrow at that.

"Yeah, when I got my quirk I accidentally crashed into my seat but that also didn't hurt since I'm made of rubber" I explain masterfully so that he can get why I'm awesome.

"I see, that's convenient" he simply states.

Dad carried me back to the doctor where we finally sat down, dad made the mistake of stating what I did in the test room which earned me an earful from my mom about how dangerous it is to punch concrete even if it doesn't hurt at all. The doctor took a whole 10 minutes before returning with the document that stated what my quirk was.

"Here you go, you can inspect it and ask any questions about it, just remember that we need the signature from both of you and the name of the quirk" the doctor said as he handed the form for the quirk registering.

 

I was surprised at seeing the report, it was honestly a bit terrifying that this amount of information was compiled in what took 3 hours, apparently, it was because they used one of the doctors who had a quirk that simply could make the process of identifying quirks a lot easier.

[So I have higher regeneration? Guess this is where Luffy's endless vitality comes from... and his appetite]

"Why does it say transformation on the type of quirk?" my dad asked the doctor who simply proceeded to explain.

Apparently, it will be decently common that my type of quirk will be mistaken as a transformation quirk, which it isn't since I can't deactivate my quirk at all, so my ID in the future will have that symbol to say that I just happen to have a mutation quirk that doesn't alter my appearance at all.

"So what will be the name Tomomi~? it must be a good one!" My mom said, I simply thought for a moment about it before deciding on something simple.

"Rubber body!"

"Simple enough" My dad said while writing the name and his signature and handing it to the doctor who simply proceeded to put forwards some documents about confidentiality and how the information will only be viewed when necessary and all that jazz.

[Well dad already knows all of this stuff since he was chief of police]

After that, we simply exited the building with a document explaining my quirk, all taken into consideration, it was a good day in which I got to learn a variety of things and finally got my quirk to do stuff with.

[Well I still need to check something...]


Name: Rubber Body                              Holder: Tomomi Mizushima

Type: Mutant (Tranformation ∅)

 

Description: The quirk makes the user's body have the properties of rubber, this includes skin, hair, and bones. This is accomplished by making every cell on the body have said properties while still conserving their previous characteristics (Like bones being tougher than skin), it doesn't change the person's appearance although it is a mutation-type quirk.

The properties of said cells resemble that of rubber, meaning they have:

  • The ability to stretch.
  • High tensile and tear resistance.
  • Higher resilience.
  • Resistance to friction and abrasion.
  • Resistance to high temperatures.
  • Tolerance to Low temperatures.
  • Slightly better acid resistance
  • Complete insulation to electricity.

It is theorized that the properties of the rubber can be changed at will since the 'flexibility' is changed instinctively by the user to make their 'desired result' come true, such as when throwing a punch or making a 'net' out of their fingers. There's also the possibility of changing the properties of the rubber based on the type of rubber imagined.

It is noted that Mizushima's body heals faster than normal, her body seems to gain more energy from food, making her regenerate faster and slightly stronger than average.

Stretching requires a certain amount of exertion on muscles so she gets tired from stretching, the extra healing factor makes her go hungry a lot more often so she needs a higher caloric intake to compensate.

158