Ch 29. Shining star
99 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While there were no people, I managed to take a look around.

I was in some sort of a storage. Everywhere around were rusted empty shelves. This place looks abandoned, so no hope of an accidental rescue.

I am still tied to the chair in the middle of the storage, and at most I can hear if people outside talk.

Aside from a single light bulb there are no sources of light.

Creak

The door opened, and the same man who took off the blindfold entered. With him were several more men.

They approached me, and the man raised my head.

You seem hungry.” It was to be expected, after all I was kidnapped a long time ago.

He waved a bottle of milk in front of me, and my stomach rumbled.

“If you want it, then answer my questions.” The man put the bottle on the chair, and started searching for something in his pockets.

Then, he took out a photo.

When I saw the photo, I felt goosebumps all over my skin.

“Himeoka Himeko. Do you happen to know her?” I nodded. It was impossible to deny it. My reaction already told him everything.

“Tell us everything you know about her.” I turned my head away.

No way in hell will I let them harm the Queen!

Tch.” The man stepped back.

RUMBLE

KYA?!

The man kicked the chair, and I fell together with it. He then stepped on my chest.

I can kill you, if you’re useless. Better pray that you will be ransomed, or else…His glare was terrifying.

KICK

AAAA!!!” After the man kicked me, he gestured something, and the kidnappers lifted the chair. They put me back up.

Once again, the man raised my head.

You are not irreplaceable. If nobody helps you, then we might as well kill you. Maybe that b* will be p* off.” After saying that, the man left the storage.

I was left alone with the kidnappers.

If you have a death wish – better tell him directly. He won’t babysit you.” (K1)

The kidnapper picked up the milk bottle and helped me drink.

“Well, I both hope somebody will ransom you, and that nobody will~.” He groped me, and sneered.

Aside from this time, they did not touch me for a long time. I was left alone but the kidnappers were nearby, overseeing me.

Even after I tried hard to guess how much time has passed, I was still clueless.

In the end, I was so tired that I even fell asleep.


After a lot of time, the storage room and its surroundings became more lively. The number of people checking on me, as well as guarding me, was increasing. Some people seemed to be running back and forth for an unknown reason.

During the short time when the door was opening, I managed to notice that it was already night. I at least spent here 24 hours…

When the door opened again, I trembled. The dangerous man came to see me again.

“Rejoice. If nobody brings the ransom, we will r* you, and kill afterwards.” The man said it with a smile, as if he was telling a funny story.

A funny story of how I am about to be killed!

Instead of leaving the room after he threatened me, this time the man remained. He was standing in a corner behind me, and talking on a phone. I couldn’t hear anything of what he was saying but the activity around me was only increasing.

Judging by the number of calls he made, an hour has passed.

After another call ended, the man approached me.

“I wish we could let your parents know you are about to die. It is a shame we can’t move you fast enough.” He patted my shoulder.

In the back of my mind I was curious to know why they wanted to hurt the Queen, however, I feared that they will not hesitate to kill me, if I asked.

Creak

The door opened, and somebody entered.

Golden hair with a tint of shining.

Blue eyes, in which stars shone like the night sky.

And a smile, that captivates just from a single glance.

Who would’ve thought that somebody of your caliber would visit this shabby place~.” The dangerous man stepped forward and drew the gun.

The Queen only smiled and reached for her bag.

What~, you’re going to pay her ransom~?” The man sneered.

The Queen smiled.

Then…

Everything went black…

7