Ch 43. Sailing a sunk ship
61 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our large company of fellow club members, and Tomo-chan, arrived to the closest karaoke club Minami-san had membership in.

Thanks to her efforts, as well as me using all of my pocket money, we booked a large room and were ready to try out the other planned activity – chatting.

Aside from the initial 4 members, there were also 12 newcomers and a person who was diligently writing.

“Ok, let’s start our second attempt! Raise the sails, captain Yuki is starting~!”

Dead silence. Even the music stopped.

Sorry, Kaichou, this rat abandons the ship.’ (M)

A-at least let me try!

I’m not helping.’ (T)

At least hear me out!

Some people immediately rolled up their eyes and sighed. However, since I broke their resistance I started explaining what I had in mind.

“How about before somebody goes to sing, they tell us a thing about themselves? For example, what they like, or who they have crush on~.” My snickering did not meet any excitement from the public, so I had to stop fooling around.

But my idea was somewhat accepted.

Of course, the pioneer was none other than Minami-san. She stood up and picked the microphone.

“Greeting to all you, wonderful people~! The acting accountant is here and ready to rock the stage! And as for Minohara-san’s request, I’ll tell you that my first hair dye was blue!” Nobody answered. If it was me, I’d die from awkwardness, but Minami-san just started singing without paying us any mind.

With her winding up the mechanism, the meeting continued successfully. A few proactive people tried out, while the less active majority were eating, drinking, and whispering.


It all was going well, until it was Yasuda-san’s turn.

“Tsukiko-chan, just go!” Yasuda-kun had to stand up and drag her towards the stage.

N-n-no…!” The girl was stubbornly shaking her head and resisting.

I too was going to help dragging her, but then I noticed curious stares from the entire audience. I was not too keen on being a black sheep, so I just watched how the poor lamb was led to the stage.

It took almost a minute to deliver the resisting girl to the stage. From how Yasuda-san looks like, I’d never think she would be this strong.

When she stood by the microphone, Yasuda-san started looking around completely lost on what to do.

Finally, it was time for me to work.

“Yasuda-san, how are you feeling?”

F-ne…” She hiccupped.

“Don’t worry, no matter what you tell us, there is always going to be me, who has nothing to tell. Say anything. Ab-so-lu-te-ly anything.” She was still hesitating.

Nobody interfered, nor rushed her. They all would stand there sooner or later. Or, maybe it was because watching the poor girl suffer was funny in its own way.

Maybe that’s why the Queen teases me and Tomo-chan so much.

‘…ans…’ Yasuda-san spoke so quietly, that even the microphone was not able to amplify her voice.

“Thank you, Yasuda-san. You’re doing great!”

Ha…?” A girl from the kendo club looked at me with a sour expression. That was enough to make Yasuda-san stand confused. I waved that everything is alright to let her sing.

At long last, the queue was moved and the five minutes of dragging were over.

The next on the list was exactly the kendo club girl, Otsuka Kazuye.

When she approached the stage, she hesitated to talk for a moment. I was about to start talking myself, but the girl spoke when I just opened my mouth.

W-well, my fact is that… … I practiced kendo only since middle school.” She continued hesitating, so I decided to applaud.

‘Clap-clap-clap-clap…

The gratitude I received was the glare from Otsuka-san.

Despite the karaoke meeting being somewhat a failure, I think it went well enough overall. Though now I wonder if my approval rating at the start of the election campaign would be at the rock bottom.

3