Ch 51. The procrastination
50 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the first day of the school after the summer.

The bell already rang, but I was still at the entrance, waiting for the Queen to arrive.

While I was waiting, I saw an inconspicuous twintails.

She entered, and waved me, as if nothing happened.

“Hi there, Yuki-chan~!” (T)

“Hello, Toshiba-san~.” It was at this moment she knew, she screwed up.

I… I just…! I am not too late!” Tomo-chan wriggled like a snake on a frying pan.

Sure~.” I looked at my wrist, which lacks a watch. Then I looked at the wall, where was a clock.

“Toshiba-san, I am surprised that your autumn starts with coming late~. CHANGE QUICKER, AND GO TO YOUR CLASSROOM.

Yesh!” Tomo-chan started changing her shoes in hurry. While she was at it, she spoke again.

“Speaking of which, why is your lovely ‘that person’ still not here? Or because she’s a bit rich she can ignore the rules~?” (T)

“Their class doesn’t have the first lesson today. Unlike…!

YEAH, I’M RUNNING!” Before I started lecturing her, Tomo-chan rushed to the stairs.

My, just what can be done with you, Tomo-chan?’ I sighed, and continued waiting.

The black car stopped in front of the school gates soon after Tomo-chan left. A few minutes later the Queen was ready to be greeted.

“My Queen! I am so glad I can see you again!”

When I came closer to give her a hug, I was smacked in my forehead.

“Yukichi, instead of acting silly, better help me change and go to class. I doubt your immunity would last forever.” The Queen was deep in thought, so I silently executed her order.

When I was done, she shook her hand, sending me away.

Surprisingly, she did not go to the staircase, but instead went towards the classroom.


Later that day I met with Tomo-chan to discuss the ongoing matters.

We were the first to arrive to the cafeteria, because I was taken for an important Council business mid-lesson, and thus could afterwards take Tomo-chan for no-less-important chastising. In reality, to help me buy as many buns as we could.

Even though the lunch break was yet to start, the cafeteria was not empty. The entire Student Council was here, except for the associated member Nakayama-kun.

Lucky us, only I and Tomo-chan had bun dependency, so we were not challenged by the amount we could buy.

“Really, Kaichou, if not for you, I’d never knew that cinnamon can be addictive.” (K)

“You jest, Kurosawa-kun. It’s not about cinnamon, it’s about the entire bun, including the coconut toping.”

You miss the point.” (K)

“Guys, I suggest we care about something truly important.” (M)

Munch

Another kind of important.” (M)

Though I got cured of the summer laze, I still had the following sickness, called ‘I don’t want to do anything after vacations’.

But no matter how much I want to postpone our meeting regarding the student council president elections, I couldn’t postpone it forever.

It is such a pain…

That’s a completely new side of yours…” Kurosawa-kun stared at me in amazement.

“Let us start the discussion, then?” Hoshino-san quietly stole a bun from under Tomo-chan’s nose, and proceeded with preparing a notebook and a pen.

For the entire duration of the lunch break we were talking about our election campaign and the possible candidates. We discussed the populist proposals, as well as the electorate’s possible expectations.

“All in all, we are going to stay conservative?”

“That’s the gist of it. We don’t have to be the best of the best, do we? We only need to beat Nakayama-kun’s tyranny.” (M)

“That’s funny to hear from you, Miss ‘2nd place in studies’.” (K)

Again?! Juuust a single point lower than Miss ‘I fix my glasses every time I’m mad’.” Minami-san started knocking the table in protest.

Guys, am I right to assume you have no plan?” Our little argument was stopped by Tomo-chan.

“Well, it’s our first meeting since June.”

Tomo-chan covered her faces with palms and sighed.

You guys are something…” (T)

3