Ch 66. Clash of the two Titans
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the director’s permission, I improvised with a short introduction to the debates, while Kurosawa-kun was hurrying to correct the plans and the timings.

While I was keeping the audience busy with my words, the Council was making everything prepared: the paper for the notes, the water and cups for the candidates, and anything that may be required to keep the activities going and remaining interesting for the audience. After all, this is a public event, and the audience is not going to be standing there forever.

I was already finishing the short introduction about the purpose of the debates when the boys from the sports clubs started bringing in some benches for the others to sit on.

Initially the event was planned to take the lunch break, and standing for an hour is tiring but not lethal. But now that we had all the time until the club activities, we needed to prepare sitting places for everyone.

When the last bench was brought in and placed, Kurosawa-kun shown me thumbs up and I proceeded to wrap up my speech and proceed to the debates.

“… Since I am also a candidate, I would like to request the Student Council Vice-president Kurosawa to moderate in my stead.” I finally sat down, and drank an entire cup of water in one gulp.


When a minute later Kurosawa-kun took my place, the debates were opened.

From my seat at the edge of the scene I could easily see what was going on in the gym. Especially Minami-san sitting closer to her gyaru buddies, and eerily snickering. Hoshino-san was sitting not far from her, and together the girls were my support team to handle the questions and help me with the answers, if I were to start failing. Hoshino-san even had glowing sticks in her hands, and was happily shaking them to show her support to… Kurosawa-kun…

Damn it… when will my spring begin…?

Out of the entice Student Council I was the only one alone…

Then I just need to win…!

Speaking of the win, I noticed the perfect golden gleam of my Queen’s hair. She was sitting together with the teachers, and typing something in her phone.

“… we will start with the questions of the candidates to each other.” (K)

While I was waiting for my turn to arrive, the other candidates were asking each other questions about their programs and plans. The only two people who weren’t being asked were me and Nakayama-san.

It’s getting boring.’ I whispered to him.

Don’t worry, President, I will not leave you hanging for long.’ (N)

The feeling is mutual. The feeling is mutual…

Slowly our turn was approaching. The closer it was, the more violent was Hoshino-san shaking the glowing sticks, and the less Minami-san talked to her friends.

Finally, the fateful words were heard.

“Next, Nakayama Naoki-san. Please, ask your questions.” (K)

Immediately, Nakayama-san turned towards me and gently smiled. Even the stage lighting was turned off anywhere but above us, further highlighting the two of us.

It was to be expected, after all the main candidates are expected to be us, and also it is my team handling the lights.

The audience held their breaths, while the back row where were both Hoshino-san and Minami san suddenly was lit by glowing sticks that were handed out to anyone willing.

The only sounds that were heard in the gym were the breathing of two rivals on stage…

Until he opened his mouth.

“Minohara-san…” (N)

My ears were perked up and ready to process any information.

“… I would like to…” (N)

He was speaking slowly, stretching out every word and sentence, and slowly rising the tension I experienced.

“… withdraw from the elections.” (N)

WHAT?!

I jumped up from my seat and accidentally knocked off a table with the drinks.

I thought you would be happy…?” Nakayama-san looked at me with confused expression.

But while I was shocked, his confused expression suddenly distorted by a grin and he burst into laughter.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Sorry, Kaichou, but it was impossible not to joke about it first! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!” While the entire gym was dumbfounded, I slowly sat back.

“The entire gym was so quiet, that I just needed to make a joke. But your face was sooo priceless…!” Nakayama-san wiped the tears and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

“Let us begin, my dear President.” (N)

1