Ch 72. Fire at will
33 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The director called our teacher to the office.

“Tsutsumi-sensei, can you tell us what Minohara-kun was doing outside the classroom?” The director asked her immediately, right in front of the officials.

The teacher looked around in shock, but in a few seconds she recovered and started answering. The answer was obvious: I was just doing a chore.

I was about to think that the incident is resolved, but then the inquisitorial woman opened her mouth again.

To think this school cares so little as to have students bring materials to the teachers? Director, is there a lack of paper in the school? Or your teachers are fine with letting the students peek into the test answers? That would be explaining how you had that many people pass the national examination with such high scores.” Her every word was filled with ridicule, making me slowly lose my cool.

The director was trying to explain, but somehow I felt like the other officials were slowly starting to nod along with the woman.

I see. We will write it, that your school lack discipline not only among the students, but also the teachers.” The woman glared at the teacher, and it was then I stepped in between the two.

Is your discipline all about shouting at people and judging others solely on your own opinion?

You impudent…! You better just sit in a corner and not worsen your own situation!” The woman crossed her arms, and tried to incinerate me with her glare.

To which, I only fixed my glasses. In serious way.

I have recorded all of your words.” I showed the phone.

“I will be sending this recording to the Ministry of Education. I hope the people there are less willful and are more impartial.” Immediately, the woman’s face was distorted with fury.

But she held her words in.

The recording was still going.

Of course, I did not start the recording right away but when I heard her dismiss the teacher, even though she said that I did nothing wrong, I felt like it would be better to do something. A schoolgirl sitting in a corner with a phone. What a common sight. It helped me a lot to draw away the attention.

Now, I was standing against the petty official, and prepared to face anything, slaps included.

The woman did raise her hand, but after breathing in and out a few times, she reluctantly lowered her hand.


It was an undeniable victory on my side, which was celebrated with a sudden clapping from the side of the door.

There stood the Queen.

“Ara, ara, ara~♪☆. My girl has grown up~♪☆.

Fwoosh

While I was gazing at the Queen, the woman snatched away my phone, and threw it on the floor.

Pom

You damned…!” The woman started barking again, but she stopped halfway.

It was obvious why. I felt an arctic coldness piercing my back, right from the Queen’s direction.

Ara, ara, ara, that was unsettling, wasn’t it♪?” But despite emitting ice-cold aura, my Queen was still smiling, as if nothing happened. If I was to take a picture of her, it would actually look like she was happy, but the atmosphere of the room was way different from ‘happy’.

Name~♪?” The Queen picked her phone, and started doing something.

Why should I…?!” When the woman tried to retort, the Queen only glanced at her. But this time, she was not smiling.

“As a bureaucrat you are responsible to respond to the citizens’ requests, and are legally responsible to fulfill the request that demands you to prove your affiliation with the government. If not…” The Queen quietly whistled what resembled a police siren. The woman had to tell her name, and even pass the identification card.

While the Queen was typing something, she murmured.

Do you know what I hate the most~♪? When lowly people try to hamper my plans♪.’ Again, she glanced at the officials, and then called somebody.

In her call she simply named the person in question, and then…

“… you know why I called, right~♪? Chiao-nya~♪☆!” The Queen kissed the phone, and ended the call.

While all of us were dumbfounded, she grinned, winked, and put a ‘V’ sign by her face, before disappearing.

Minutes later, the woman’s phone rang. Seconds after she responded, her face turned pale…

1