Ch 78. The court is now in session
32 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Instead of answering right away, Tomo-chan was sweating oceans.

One moment.” Seeing her state, I cautiously took her hand and led her to a side for a private conversation.

Tomo-chan, are you here, with us?

I… I didn’t…’ She was trembling. I tightly hugged her.

Calm down. I am here for you. I will protect you, so just tell us everything.

Thanks…’ Though she was not convinced, I held her hand and with my eyes told everyone to think twice before talking.

So… Erhm… This Monday I was approached by… by Himeoka-san… She asked me to give those leaflets…”

“Wait a moment? How is Himeoka-sa kun related to this?” (D)

That’s right. Toshiba-san, as far as I know you’re clinging to Minohara-san all the time. Even Queen couldn't separate you. Why the hell would you promote your bestie’s rival?” Minami-san interrupted the director, and leaned closer to Tomo-chan.

She…! She told me…!” (T)

“Jesus, girl, you’re tell me that you VOLUNTARILY decided to give those papers to people, knowing that they are someone else’s?” (M)

“…” (T)

And that it was incited by Queen?” (M)

“…” (T)

And the next would be what? Toshiba-san, you ain’t gonna tell us that you thought you were handing out Minohara-kaichou’s leaflets, ain’t you?” Minami-san continued leaning closer and closer to Tomo-chan, until they ended up at the wall.

But that’s how it was…’ Tomo-chan could only mutter.

“Sorry, gal, sounds like bulls* to me. Hey, guys, am I the only one who sees something fishy ‘bout this? Am I?” Minami-san turned towards us.

“She really was doing it! I saw it with my own eyes!” One of the home economics club members tried bleating something back, but the accountant was already like a train with no brakes.

Dude! You saw what? Saw what?!All I see is that we’ve got a girl trying to save your sorry a*s! She contradicts herself all the time!” (M)

However, no matter how supportive I was of her attempts at protecting my friend, I also remembered my own duty.

“Minami-san.”

“Come on, Mino-…” (M)

Minami-san.” I fixed my glasses.

“We are too early to jump to conclusions. To summarize Toshiba-san’s testimony, she claims that the Queen gave her leaflets of the home economics club, and then she was distributing them during the elections. Is everything correct?” Tomo-chan teared up, and meekly nodded.

“Next, the other students pictured also do claim it was Toshiba-san doing this, while they are completely unconnected by anything but being on the receiving end. Correct?” Everyone nodded, though as meekly as Tomo-chan did.

“I remember that this Monday I indeed happened to hear something similar from Toshiba-san, claiming that my Queen gave her leaflets. Which is why, I suggest we call her too.

No need to~♪☆.” She was standing in the opened door.

My Queen?!

“Your shouting was so loud that it reached even me~♪☆.”

While Tomo-chan was quietly muttering swearings, I proceeded towards the Queen in full-President mode.

“My Queen, please, sit down, we have some questions to ask.”

We~♪☆?

“Yes, me and…” When I looked back, I noticed how the director violently shook his head, denying my words.

Ok, only me has questions, by the looks of it. Please, sit here.”

“Ara, ara, ara, Yukichi became bossy~♪☆.” My Queen sat down and relaxed in the seat.

So, Yukichi~☆?

“My Queen, Toshiba-san claims you were the one who gave her leaflets.”

My-my, when exactly was that~♪☆?

“This Monday, during the lunch break.”

Hm☆? But I was hanging out the entire lunch break, was I not, Yasuko-chan~♪☆?” She glanced at Minami-san.

“That’s right. I can testify that she was within my view the entire time.” At this, the questions disappeared at once: no matter what one can think, Minami-san has enough reputation for her words to be considered right unless proved otherwise.

“Not to mention there were other members of the club.” (M)

“Then we have only one question: where from did the leaflets come? Who was the one behind this?

Hm~☆? Now that I think about it☆... There was something I do remember~♪☆…”

1