The Fight
2.8k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[AN: It has been a long long while since I wrote a fight scene and I think this is the first time I am writing it from the first person pov. I apologize if it got boring due to his thoughts and plans. I feel like it is kind of long due to his thoughts during the fight, please comment about it. I can change it if you want. I am trying to write from the First Pov for the first time in this novel so it might a little bit ... unrefined? Is that the right word for it? Meh, whatever. Thanks for reading.]

[In the previous novel you would see it from the second pov, witnessing everything for the first time without revealing the plans of the fight and stuff. I feel like it was more exciting and... ugh cool. Don't laugh.]

I slightly bowed down to my new firebending teacher as I read the information of him.

Yes. His information.

Hours after the talk with my father I had gained a new and absolutely overpowered skill.

Observe: Allows you to observe better. Better vision in any way (dynamic vision, 20/10 vision...). Can make your perception faster at will. Can see the information about the target. Success depends on their strength (compared to you).

Absolutely overpowered.

--

Mongke

Title: gsdlv

Class: M4SFER FIRBDR

Rank: FİDCD

HP: 100%

MP:?

STR:?

AGI:?

VIT:?

INT:?

WIS:?

MO0NKfege  IS a FRBNDR

--

Admittedly, the second part of it sucked right now. But I am sure it is simply because of the level difference between us. I don't doubt for a second this guy could turn me into a pile of ash.

He snorted signaled me to relax.

''Don't worry about it kid. It will be better for both of us if you relax. I am sure you know already but let me give you a summary of the next month.

First, you will show me what you are capable of. Then we will spar. Then I will create a training program for you.

Today you show me your techniques and after that, we spar. Today is kind of special so we don't have a time limit. But from tomorrow onwards we have classes 5 days of the week each spanning 3 hours.

I used to be a Colonel at the army and then a mercenary for a short while. My name is Mongke and you don't need to know my surname. I am 34 years old and plan to leave until my 50s. If I am still alive then I will probably kill myself. Not dealing with dementia or other old guy bullshit.''

''...Okay?'' Didn't need to know the last part.

''Any questions?''

''No sir.''

''Start showing me your techniques, starting from the weakest one. I will be here all day so no need to hurry, though I would appreciate it if you did. Also, relax.''

'I am relaxed though. It is just a habit to call old people 'sir' thanks to school.'

Allright.

{Fire Fist} {Blazing Rings and Arcs} {Blocking Fire} {Fire Streams} ...

I kept going for hours (resting mid-way a few times) until I was done as he boredly and sometimes with small interest watched me.

When I finally finished and gulped down a glass of water he started clapping.

''Alright, that was more than what I expected. Your reserves are not that big but they fill up way faster than anybody I have seen before. You know some impressive techniques anddd that's about it. Rest up until your peak condition, we will spar 3 rounds then. Classic rules, first one to hit is considered dead.''

I gulped down a second glass of water and nodded.

He was right about fast recovery. I realized it was way faster than before, most likely because of the system. But there was something else.

--

Status: Mildly Exhausted (-40% on all stats), Drank Water ( +5% recovery HP, +20% MP recovery for 44 seconds.)

--

Once again, I am awed at how bullshit and overpowered this gamer system is.

Sometime later I stand up to confront him. I know my stats aren't impressive but I am confident at my bending during a fight. We have regular spars in the royal academy and I very rarely lose to anybody. Royals don't count. They are monsters. They don't even study there anyway, just coming to show off their skills.

-

Minutes later, we stood against each other.

The fact that, while I was in proper stance and taking this seriously this asshole was acting all leisurely, scratching his head and yawning made me want to win even more.

'I know I don't stand a chance but at least show some respect... That is not the right way to think. I can win. I can use this. There is no reward but I will win.'

I steeled my will and took a deep breath.

[Quest: Win the unwinnable]

{Description: Defeat your instructor who doesn't give a single shit about you. Teach him some respect.}

[Reward: Random stat rank up, +40mp, A piece of something (1/?)]

I gulped as the stakes got higher suddenly. The system knew I wanted to win so it gave me a carrot to catch. I would win.

He signaled me to start whenever I want and I didn't give him any chance to get into a proper stance.

Thrusting my right hand forward with a strong punch and hit him with a classic fire thruster.

Due to the way he stood, he was too late to block it with his hands but he easily skipped to the right side to avoid it, as expected.

I smiled inside and sent my secret move I had learned just a week ago. I didn't show him this because I knew we would be fighting. It is cheating but whatever.

My empty left hand went through motions and sent him a fire whip.

His eyes widened slightly but it was nothing much for him to be scared of.

He flicked his head to the side to dodge it, avoiding it from hugging his neck.

He flicked his hand back and caught the whip with no apparent pain while smirking at me.

I smirked back as the Fire whip he was holding exploded violently.

I doubt this would finish him so I didn't stop my assault.

I attacked him with my strongest ability (after gamer of course) {Fire missiles}. A simple but refined technique that is the direct evolution of the fire stream technique.

Fire missile is not only stronger but also follows the target as they move. When he recovers he might not have enough time to block it properly, leading him to dodge it in hurry. That would finish the job.

As my right hand sent the fire missile he finally came out of the smoke with an angry expression. Well, I would be angry as well.

Just in case he would survive this I prepared another attack despite my low reserves and very exhausted body screaming me not to do it.

Unfortunately, he was fast enough to block it but he was even faster than that. Right after getting his hands together and breaking the fire missile technique, he thrusted them forward while going through a circular motion.

'Shit!'

My technique was not strong enough to win this.

I abandoned the attack and dodged in hurry as the wide circle of fire came towards me.

Just after I dodged it his leg went up and brought a line of fire along with it.

I couldn't dodge it but it was weak enough for me to block it.

But I saw it. That shit-eating grin he had as if I had already lost. This was a distraction but I couldn't stop my hands since I needed to block it. It wasn't weak enough that I could tank it without any techniques!

Thanks to observe skill I saw him bringing his hands together slowly. My heightened perception was letting me see the world faster than it was. I could see the trajectory of it. It would miss be by a head. He knew he won so he was going to miss it on purpose, shooting it only to show me he could kill me there.

My anger flared up and under a second I was completely calm again thanks to the Gamer's mind.

Think!

Lightning!

NO!

But wait! In the show, they always did a weird dance to use lightning bending, why?!

Because they are not using their own chi for the lightning. It is too chaotic, too violent to use. If you used your own chi it would destroy you from the inside.

CAN'T USE LIGHTNING BUT I CAN STILL USE THE ENVIRONMENT!

Why does the fire burn? Oxygen!

Normally firebenders use their own chi to light the fire, not the oxygen but they don't even know it's existence!

Fire Breath!

Doesn't need hands or legs but it is powerful as fuck thanks to air mixing with chi and increasing the firepower.

That's how Iroh used it!

While I was thinking all of these, not even a second passed in real life thanks to higher perception time.

I could feel the air in my lungs. It was dangerous but I was really really optimistic about it. I have to do it!

I started to exhale as I lit up the air that was just leaving my lungs.

I could see it. The way his eyes widened as he recognized what was coming.

Before I could feel giddy inside I felt the burning of my throat.

As great amounts of fire came out of my mouth, chi burning along with the air and combusting together, my throat was also slowly getting destroyed.

I did something wrong but it didn't matter since I had already won.

I smiled deep inside as I saw him panic and get burned for a second before I cut the fire, resting my throat and letting him live.

My throat parched, I tried to speak:

''Igh wn'' I win.

65