The Map And My New And Deadly Friends
2.2k 0 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gamer system never disappointed. Just wow. It just gives me another overpowered function quietly, doesn't explain shit and walks away.

From the memories of the NEET, I knew of the map function. But it was still surprising since I thought I didn't have it.

Apparently, I had to use an actual map to activate it.

I hide from eyes and discreetly press ok.

Yes. I needed to sacrifice the map for it.

I watched in silent wonder as the expensive map on my hands slowly disintegrated into blue-white lights.

It's really amazing to see. I unfortunately didn't have the function of learning from books with a single click so it's my first time seeing something like this happen.

On my map, a large area opens up and clears. I need to sacrifice the actual map of the area to open that place in my map. But there is an extra function of this map.

Yes, unlike a normal map, I don't have to bring it out and find out where I am. The map is shown according to me. I am the center of the map and I can widen the area I see as I wish.

But what excited me was not that. Excepted but welcome. Seeing blue, green and red dots was what excited me the most.

Wait. Red dots?

Doesn't red mean enemy? And green is friend I suppose?

What the fuck. It is been 30 minutes since I left the mansion. I am barely outside the royal capital (thus I needed a map to confirm my location).

I don't make a sound and keep my suspicion hidden.

Green dot means my father secretly sent people to protect me.

... Sigh*

I mean... I expected it. But I would be happier if he trusted my abilities a little bit more. Anyway, he is just concerned. His son is going out, all alone at that. Of course he would send people to secretly protect him while his son ignorantly but safely gains raw life experience out in the world.

They are both close to me. Enemies at my right and friend at left.

I 'accidentally drop a coin while drinking water, leading me to kneel down and take it while secretly checking out my surroundings.

Fucking hell, they are good.

One of my teachers taught me how to identify people in camouflage, people who are hiding and people with bad intentions. I thought I did pretty good at the lesson but it seems I'm still lacking.

Anyway, I will ditch them soon.

Oh!

Finally, I got you. One of them is amateur I guess, because unlike the other 2 he 'secretly' checks me out every 2 seconds or so. A small caravan with 2 burly guards and a single fat merchant. Well, they are all my enemies so I am gonna go ahead and assume it is a disguise.

Thank you burly guard number 1 for exposing yourself. Sorry, your training day will go terribly wrong.

I check out my left and see... I don't see anything.

But it's okay. Thanks to the assassins(?) I figured out how far away something is compared to the map on the system. I can change the ratio but it's simply on default right now.

On the map, you are a little bit farther away from me, compared to the assassins(?). Since they are about 4 meters away from me, you should be in ... 6-8 meters.

There you are.

Is my father richer than I thought? According to the system we are mid-leveled Nobels but holy shit, he doesn't care about expenses when it comes to me, does he?

Thank you father. Don't worry, one way or another I will pay back to you.

Right now I'm on a busy road with several caravans around us. Well, it's one of the few roads to the royal capital after all.

I doubt they would try anything here... I really don't want to live with them on my tail and I'm definitely not going to any proper sleep because of them. I need to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

According to the map, there are about 20 meters...

--

''Stop staring so obviously you fucking retard!''

Lee complained to their young member as quietly as he could.

The young master they were tailing, Kunyo wasn't very cautious but it didn't mean he could relax this much.

Hide was a genius but he was way too inexperienced for this mission.

Ikem, their boss talked quietly

''He is right. You are lucky Kunyo hasn't figured us out, but it was only thanks to the busy road. If you keep this up when we reach quieter places I will take you down myself. Understood?''

''Yes sir!'' Hide gulped.

Everybody praised him not for his achievements but for how fast he learned his techniques. This was only his second job and on his first job, he didn't even need to use stealth much. It was an easy and quiet kill. This was a great jump in difficulty.

Well, great jump in difficulty only on stealth. He was confident he could kill the little noble brat.

Both he and his senior Lee were great martial artists who knew various stealth and dagger techniques, not to mention they had master Ikem with them. A firebender.

Just a young boy who is probably still drinking his mother's milk thinks he is ready for the world?

'Don't laugh.' he reminded himself.

He would show the little brat how the real world worked.

If he wanted to live so much he shouldn't have let his father annoy a noble with a deep wallet.

He grinned on the inside and kept walking, keeping the same pace with the young master they were following.

--

Noren sighed as he kept walking at the pace of their young master.

His father was such a worrywart. Little chap wanted to see the world, let him do it properly. Why are you dragging us into this?

Sigh*

Well, they got paid handsomely so of course he would do his job properly.

'Follow him for 3 months. If he doesn't get in any life-risking trouble by then you can come back. If he does, keep following him until there is a full 3 months without any trouble.'

'Oh, young master what are you doing? Don't you know getting into sketchy places like that is dangerous?'

He sighed, realizing his job wouldn't be over in just 3 months. The young master was too curious.

'Huh?'

People followed young master?

'What is a merchant doing there?'

He looked at his side to his only partner looking at him as well.

'Yep. Assasins for sure.'

He sighed and followed them as well.

 

63