New Quest
1.1k 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''You won't die from old age will you?''

'How should I answer that?..'

''I don't want to.''

''I'm asking if you will die from it or not.''

''I have some plans on obtaining immortality but I would be happy if you shared some of your ideas.''

She stopped for a second at that.

''As long as your chi and body keeps getting stronger like this you should be semi-immortal at some point, but I have some ideas if you want insurance.''

So she knows some ways huh.

That's true. In my theory people with high amounts of chi should live longer. That's probably why avatars live for so long. Their chi quantity is unparalleled among the other mortals. Kyoshi lived 250 years and Aang lived 166 years despite being in the avatar stage for longer than 100 years straight.

I don't really think I have a limit thanks to the system so in theory I should be able to live forever as long as I keep getting stronger.

But that's not really much of a plan now, is it? I was already going to get stronger, that was always in the plan.

I'm almost sure my skills make me immortal anyway but what if they don't?

'...'

I guess I will find out later. I can't really figure out if I'm aging or not.

I turned to Megumin.

''Do you have a way to measure life-span?''

If she could somehow find that I would get my answer whether I'm immortal already or not.

Unfortunately, she shook her head.

''I already have many convenient abilities I normally wouldn't have thanks to being a God, but measuring something like that is out of my reach. It's too different from my realm.''

''Anyway, I will think about that in the future. I probably have hundreds of years of lifespan by now so I have lots of time to figure it out. It can't be that hard.'' no that's not a red flag. Definitely not.

Now, I have a bigger issue.

Do I bring out my cute lil Zuko or not?

...

Fuck it.

I bring out Zuko from my inventory and Megumin screams in shock as an animal appeared out of nowhere.

''W-W-W-HATS THAT!'' she askes while pointing at it.

''That's my cute friend, Zuko. Don't worry he doesn't bite.'' I reassure her as I stroke Zuko's chin.

''Where did it come from?'' Megumin asked curiously this time. I didn't expect her to get over her shock so quickly.

 

''One of my unique abilities. I can bind beasts into my soul and bring them out anytime I want.'' hope she believes my bullshiting because I'm definitely not telling her about my gamer ability.

''Wow!'' she said with wonder as I smile on the inside. Thankfully she believed it easily.

I jump on the beast and reach out my hand to her. I pull her up as she hold my hand and sit her behind me.

''Where now?''

''I was thinking of meeting a guy called Jeong Jeong to learn some defensive techniques and make connections with an organization called white lotus which would also let me learn swordsmanship from some guy called Piandao. Then I would go to the Sun warriors and learn firebending from the dragons... But plans have changed slightly because I'm an idiot.''

''What?''

''I should have checked the map better. Sun warriors are much closer so we're visiting them first. Honestly, it's mostly the imperial library's fault. I mistook their city for somewhere else. Thankfully I remembered something from the past and saved us from backtracking.'' I talked long like this mostly because this will be a long journey. I don't want to get bored, might as well talk as much as I can.

I also realized how my memory got better as my mental stats increased. I couldn't remember a small detail like that in the past.

''Hmm. And where is that city?'' She asked after humming and pondering a little.

''It's near the boiling rock, do you know that place? North from the royal palace.''

''You're lucky then hehe.'' She chuckled to herself smugly and continued shortly after.

''Your Goddess Megumin-sama happens to know a lion-turtle near that place.''

''Holy shit are you serious?''

I remember Aang met the Lion-Turtle near an island off the shore of Ember Island. Even though the Ancient city of Sun warriors and that island aren't exactly next to each other, they are still pretty close.

''That's fucking great. We can look for him after getting my dragon.''

''YOUR WHAT!'' Megumin asked in shock.

''Oh, didn't I tell you? Sun Warriors worship the dragons and there are two dragons in that island along with an egg. I'm not sure about the egg though.''

If I remember correctly Zuko had a dragon in the legend of Korra but it was smaller than the dragons they met, so I assumed it was a child of them. It might not have been born yet though. I don't know much about how quickly dragons grow. That dragon might be 1 year old or 100 years old and I wouldn't know any better.

Anyway, they will probably refuse to give a dragon. That's fine. I don't really intend to play nice. I'm not a saint, I'm a good person only if everything I want is going my way. If they aren't, I don't mind using force to make it my way.

Of course, that's only if they don't play nice with me. I'm not just gonna go and start blasting them demanding a dragon.

NEW QUEST!

[Quest: Sun Warrior!]

[Details: Learn the art of Dragon Dance and see the legendary Dragon Fire yourself. Fire isn't only for destroying. It's also the representative of life. Completely understand it in under a month.]

Quest Part 1: Learn it directly from the Dragons

Quest Part 2: See the Dragon Fire (Rainbow colored fire of life)

Quest Part Reward 1: A Dragon Egg completely bound and loyal to you, Random Stat UPX1

Quest Part Reward 2: Dragon Fire Perk, Random Stat UPX1

---

Thank you system, I'm truly thankful

A dragon completely loyal to me? A fire-related perk? They're both incredible and the random stat-up makes me almost as happy as they do. Getting a rank-up is hard these days.

I'm saying hard but that's mostly because I'm a little bit impatient. Seeing my stats increase so easily early on kind of corrupted my perspective. It's about time I properly work out for my stats. If I get those stats when my stats are higher, their value will be higher. I still have some time on my schedule so it should be okay to spend some time with that.

I turn to Megumin.

''Can you create weights?''

---

35