40 It’s nice to have new things.
988 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''We done?''

''Yep.''

After a short exchange with Megumin, I left the island with her in my arms.

Of course, I didn't forget to flex on the very scared natives of the island. I don't think I'm much of a petty person, but seeing their faces like that was fun anyway.

And finally, I checked the island for any Dragon eggs I could snatch- I mean, help it grow in a lovely and positive environment. Unfortunately, there was no such thing.
I somewhat guessed it since apparently, those dragons were brothers and sisters, but it was still pretty heartbreaking to miss a chance on such high-quality loot.

I guess Zuko found his dragon from somewhere else. 

I'm sure I will find a dragon somewhere in this world, I just hope that the dragon I will find will have the opposite gender of the dragon inside my inventory.

------

Shortly after,  we landed on a shore. Megumin opened her Divine Realm and we entered quietly.

Why?

After that fight, there are some things I need to unpack.

First of all;

Name: Kunyo

Title: Fire Nation Mid-class Noble, Second Coming of Combustion God, Dragon Slayer

Class: Firebender

Rank:S+

HP: 100%

MP:30000

STR: A+

AGI:A

VIT:S-

INT:S-

WIS:S-

Some great improvements on my stats.

Jumping from S- to S+ is kind of unexpected, but it was probably the bonuses I got that pushed me two ranks above, instead of the stats.

There is also something very important I previously ignored because of the battle. 

Something that pretty much confirmed that I could reach beyond the mortal limits. I always low-key knew that, but a piece of evidence like this relieved me nonetheless.

[Congragulations! Reaching the mortal limits of the art of Firebending is a massive achievement! You've unlocked the {Divine} tiers!]

[Warning! Divine tiers doesn't mean Holy tiers. Divine is just the tier above the Mortals! You don't have to be a God to reach it!]

Firebending Proficiency:

[Mortal: Novice, Adept, Expert, Master, Pinnacle]

[Divine: King, Earth, Star, Heaven]

[Congragulations! You've unlocked/acquired more than one (Dragon Fire, Blue Fire,) fire perk/attribute and unlocked the Fire Ranking!]

[Blue Fire: B+]

[Dragon Fire: S-]

[Blue Fire: +50% Power and +10% Speed of fire]

[Dragon Fire: +100% Learning speed of Firebending Techniques, Ability to add attributes (buff, debuff...) to your fire.]

I can't help but wonder what rank Wildfyre is? It's surely not just S+, right? It's massively superior to the Dragon Fire so it can't be just 2 ranks above it.

Or maybe I'm just underestimating the Dragon Fire. Wildfyre merely makes my firebending stronger. A little bit more than that, but that's basically it. Dragon Fire on the other hand, I can give attributes to my fire... There's lot to study and improve on this.

Or most likely, Wildfyre isn't a normal fire. These Blue Fire and Dragon Fire I have are mortal fires and Wildfyre is divine. Simply on another level. Even a sub-mod of Wildfyre, Amaterasu is named after a Japanese Sun Goddess. Just like what I theorized...

'*Sigh* Or maybe I'm just thinking too much on it. I will see it in the future anyway. Making plans for the future is nice, but living in the present is important as well.'

I turn to Megumin who is busy with the cake she created second ago.

''We're not going to the Jeong-Jeong. Also, I've a new plan, we may not even need the Lion Turtles.''

''Lion Turltes? Are you giving up on the other bending powers? That's cool, just shows how dedicated you are to our sacred art.'' she answers with a smug smile.

'Why are you even smug?' I shake my head with amusement.

I have 2 ideas right now. We MAY not need the Lion Turltes if Avatar helps me. I'm still thinking over which one to choose.

Jeong is basically useless to me right now. Even if he has better defense techniques than me, I just need to look at the Neet's memories and master them. Increasing my mental stats made my memory better than I could ever imagine. I just need to pull out those memories and I can execute those moves perfectly thanks to the tons of bonuses I have from my system. So, not going to Jeong is the most logical decision. It would be a waste of time to go there.

Staying by myself and learning things like heat sense, heat bending, heat absorption, light bending, plasma bending, volcano bending, photon bending, fire teleportation, and bunch of other ideas I have in my head.

Anybody except the Avatar in the avatar state is worthless as a teacher for me, I can teach myself better than they can teach me. Avatar on the other hand has lived for almost 10000 years and accumulated bending styles and experiences I could only dream of.

Also, for the new bending powers, my other plan is the Avatar in his avatar state. Again.

Avatar can also do a neat little thing called Energybending. The Power that predates the avatar himself, and was used by lion turtles to grant humans, including the avatar, their bending powers they use now. Actually, even the avatar himself learned it from a lion turtle.

I was going to ask the Lion Turtle for the bending styles but from what I've learned, they're pretty fucking prideful. If I can't prove that I'm worthy (which is basically impossible for any human after what Avatar did) he won't do his neat little trick for me even if I threaten his life. He would rather die than do my bidding...

Deceiving him might not be that hard since my Gamer's mind protects him from reading my thoughts and Megumin can back me up and tell good things about me. 

But, I need to let him access my energy (which is a combination of my body and mind, so I would have to release the protection of Gamer's mind). If he accesses my energy during his little energy bending session and sees that I'm not worthy, he might even take away my bending. It shouldn't be that hard to do after I give him complete access to my energy and I'm basically vulnerable.

On the other hand, I don't need to deceive the Avatar. I just need to convince him that it's a better choice to give me more bending styles. I can promise to aid him when he attacks Ozai. It's still risky but I'm not sure...

Of course, during all of these, Avatar has to be in his avatar state so he will be an emotionless freak that's been controlled by his hundreds of past lives. They will most likely be pragmatic and choose to give me bending powers if I can convince them it's a better choice...

''Megumin, do you have any books? Any books from this world in particular.'' I ask as an idea suddenly slips into my mind.

My hands shake with excitement as I think of the possibilities.

''No. Why?''

''I was thinking of learning Energybending myself. Instead of relying on ancient animals or the avatar, I can just do it myself. Right?''

Her eyes widen and she starts grinning.

''We're going to my home right now.'' 

I doubt there are any books for Energybending, but if there is any, it's probably on the Fire Nation.

As the strongest and the richest country in the world, Fire Nation of course has a massive library. They don't only have copies of most books in the world. They also have unique books you can find only on their special library.

If there is a book for energy bending, it must be from the air nomads. The air nomads who were massacred almost 100 years ago by the Fire Nation who took all of their knowledge. Everything is clicking together now. This is it. 

I can't help but grin.

Oh also its been a while since I've seen my dad anyway, it would be nice to visit him. It's good to keep familial bonds tight.

-----

[An: I will be honest with you, I kinda couldn't come up with names for divine tiers lol. My plan was to just call it low-med-high-peak but then I thought it was kind of bland and went with this (been reading some xianxia lately...). If you have good recommendations for their names, share it. I might change it, if its unique but clear to understand.]

----

1.3k

-------

If you want to see advanced chapters and support me, you can visit p@treon/lowkeygoodstuff

24