Roasted!.. Too soon?
455 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

unyo squinted his eyes as he checked Ozai and Azula's stats.

'I swore to myself that I wouldn't get any spoilers, but for this once...'

----

Name: Azula

Title: Fire Nation Princess

Class: Firebender

Rank:A

HP: 100%

MP:17300

STR: C

AGI:B-

VIT:C

INT:S-

WIS:B

-----

'Hmm, Azula grew up well, didn't she? I still remember how her stats looked when we first met back at the library.'

------

Name: Azula

Title: Fire Nation Princess

Class: Firebender

Rank:B+

HP: 100%

MP:9800

STR: C-

AGI:B-

VIT:C-

INT:S-

WIS:C-

'An incredible growth only suitable for a genius like herself, of course, my teaching helped as well but it wouldn't be possible if she wasn't so damned talented.'

Kunyo shook his head in amusement as he gulped down a glass of juice under the jealous eyes of the young masters.

----

Name: Ozai

Title: Fire King

Class: Firebender

Rank: A+

HP: 100%

MP:28100

STR: B

AGI:B

VIT:B

INT:A

WIS:A

------

Compared to Azula, Ozai's stats looked much more balanced.

'He has an A+ rating despite his relatively low stats, no, in the first place, his MP is almost half of mine, which is an incredible achievement when you think about it. Well, he's not the Fire King for no reason after all. Rank isn't determined by the stats anyway, it's his overall capabilities. He must know lots of techniques, not to mention his mastery over lightning...'

Kunyo conveniently ignored how Ozai got the throne because Iroh didn't want it as he focused on the match.

With a small gong, the Agni Kai started.

-----

Azula took a deep breath. She was strangely calm.

Before coming up here, she thought she would have to regulate her heartbeat, take control of her breathing or do all sorts of things to calm herself down, but as it turned out, none of it was needed.

*DONG*

With the loud noise of the gong, she sprung into action.

Both her hands spew out fire like crazy as they both aimed right toward Ozai, her father.

Ozai easily dispersed the fire with a hand gesture as she expected. That one was just to test the waters, the actual shot came right after it.

A normal sized blue fireball Ozai tried to disperse exploded right into his face as the already bright environment lit up with beautiful blue flames.

'I admit Kunyo's love for explosives is a bit too perverse, but they are as useful as he said.' she grinned to herself as she prepared another shot.

From the bright blue flames, an elegant but strict face that was struck with a frown came out.

'I looked down too much on her...' Ozai berated himself before focusing back on the battle, this time he would give his 100%.

---

'Nice.

It seems like my girl has already advanced in the Dao of Explosions enough, next we will re-cultivate her Dao of Mockery back to- what the fuck am I talking about?'

Kunyo grabbed another fistful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth with no reservations as he watched the beautiful spectacle.

He nudged the horrified Sokka with an elbow.

''I taught her how to do that.''

---

Azula's slender figure dodged under a stream of fire and released a fire blade with a sweep of her leg at the same time as sweat caused her calm face to gleam.

Ozai simply jumped a little to dodge the sideways fire blade and brought his hands together to send out bright orange fireballs that looked as if they were hot enough to melt even steel.

It was clear to everyone that he was winning, even though he hadn't expended much of his energy Azula was already sweaty from their short confrontation. He just needed to wait for a little while and tire her out, then he could win the Agni Kai easily.

His eyes glanced around to see his subject's eyes.

'I need to finish this quickly. I can't let this go on too long.'

Her battle prowess was a big surprise to him, but he had already gotten over it. He was just a little regretful that such a talented specimen had to die this day.

'She's too agile, I need to restrict her movements.'

As his figure landed, his hands and legs got to work. Within seconds a wall of fire was erected to her side, a second later another one appeared on the other side.

Now, she was trapped in a triangle, the only way out of it was either going out of the circle or going through him.

'She is too tired to forcefully open up those firewalls. She could, but she would be too spent to fight properly afterward.'

Ozai quickly went through some mental calculations and came to the conclusion.

'I won.'

He was about to spew out unimaginable amounts of fire and just keep doing the same until she couldn't protect herself from it, he could easily win in a war of attrition, but he stopped himself.

'It's already gone for too long, I should give everyone a nice spectacle.'

Under Azula's focused eyes, his arms went through the motions that promised her death.

Small gasps could be heard from the people as the named few of them could recognize the special skill of the royal family, lightning bending. The most dangerous and destructive bending style that almost always promised death to its victim.

A small smirk crept up to Azula's face but she forcefully suppressed it.

'I almost thought you wouldn't use it!'

She went through a set of motions different than the one Ozai used, her movements looked strangely familiar, it was as if she was a water bender!

Just as Ozai finished and sent out a destructive bolt of light blue lightning through his fingers, Azula caught it with her hand and danced around before sending it right back at him under the shocked gazes of everyone around them.

The bolt of lightning went right through Ozai's unprotected chest as it fried him inside out.

Silence took over the environment as they watched the unbelievable happen.

A second later the lightning bolt, Lord Ozai fell down to his knees, he was staring at his charred chest yet nobody knew if he was actually staring there in shock or if he was long dead and just standing dead like that.

A beat passed and he fell face first with a loud thud that echoed around as if making sure everybody would hear it.

'So dramatic.' Kunyo didn't want to voice his thought since even the GAang trio looked shaken.

'Come to think of it, have they ever seen death yet? Like actual death instead of mentions of it.'

Azula looked down at her hands.

She expected them to be shaken, but once again, she was strangely calm.

'I just killed my own father... I should feel sad, yet...' she forcefully stopped the smile that crept up to her face.

Nobody had spoken yet.

Her right hand slowly balled into a fist and slowly raised up as she opened her mouth.

''As the result of the Agni Kai, I, Azula, will take over the Fire Nation!'' her voice echoed through the crowd.

She wasn't the only remaining member of the royal family, no, she was also the rightful heir who took the throne out of her father's hands.

''W-What... what should we do?'' a soldier asked to his commander who silently standing next to him.

'Is she our queen now?'

Were they supposed to just accept this?

''All hail Queen Azula!''

Kunyo tried to rile them up as he shook his hands vigorously, only to meet an awkward few who cheered back with the energy of a dying sloth.

'Shit, it didn't work.'

---

An: Seriously, how do the Fire Nation people cheer? Would saying 'Yay, new Queen baby!' work? I don't need sleep, I need fucking answers!

Jokes aside, I felt like I made Ozai way too rational. I don't think he was really portrayed as a rational or smart person in the show. No, he was just a strong and angry man who wanted the world. I don't want to change him back though, even though crazy villains have some weird charm to themselves, I always liked the rational type of villains much more.

Also, if it wasn't obvious, Azula learned the lightning redirection from Kunyo during their short but special training.

17