Ch.2 – A Very Different Day
1.9k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who's this old dude? 

Why is he so bright?

And what's this 'new world' bogus he's spouting? Is this some new kind of fraud?

"I am sure you are all very confused, but please be rest assured that you'll understand some day. I could explain now, but that is too troublesome."

He's either an idiot, or lazy.

"Anyways, there are only five things you really need to know. First, you have been chosen to reincarnate into a different world with your memories intact. Second, this world is less technologically advanced than yours, and is in what you call the medieval era. Thirdly, there exist a phenomena called mana, which is much like what you see in books and games."

Reincarnation? Really? What is this, some kind of third-rate isekai novel now?

"Fourthly, you will be given a special ability unique to yourselves, decided upon by your depest desires. And finally, your goals are of two. Improve the quality of life in the world with your knowledge and power, and spread the name of me, the best god, Ernaquarte!"

Definitely not a biased opinion. Also, isn't that technically six things?

"Oh! Slight change in plan. I've noticed that some of you have been making fun of me inside your minds, so you seven who did will be punished."

What are you gonna do, change us is some dumb way? 

"Great idea, idiot #7! I'm going to change a part of yourselves when you reincarnate! Maybe you'll learn respect!"

So he was being serious. Oops. Also, only idiots call others idiots so blatantly.

"#7, you're getting on my nerves, so you're getting extra punishment. I'll change everything about you, and put you in a hard life."

Oh. That's me, isn't it?

He sure is a petty person. Or rather, should I say a petty god?

"Alright, I'm done! You are all getting reincarnated now! If you fail I'll make you a bug or a pig or… something."

You should think really hard on it before someone fails.

"#7, I'm gonna make your life hell, okay?"

Hmmm… did I just earn god's wrath?

Is that something I should worry about?

Oh my.

That is a weird feeling.

Both the memories of me and five-year-old me are mixing together.

I think I'm gonna barf.

*Barfing sounds*

I passed out, I think.

It must be the memory overload. Though I'm fine now.

Looking in my memories, I see that I am…

"Are you okay, honey? We were all extremely scared when you suddenly threw up and passed out!"

And just when I was gonna start my monologue, someone bursts through the room's door.

It was a young looking woman, wearing a big blue dress, which was the same colour as her hair. A beautiful woman by any standards.

"I'm fine, mama."

"Phew. Anyways, I'll let you rest for now. A servent will bring you your dinner."

That person, as you can probably guess, is my mother. 

Her name is Amillia Vera Zygarna, a countess of the Cardial Kingdom.

And that, therefore, would make me a noble, a person of higher status than a peasant

Didn't that god say life was gonna be hard?

Setting aside god's empty promises, my name is quite…

Peculiar, in a sense

My new name, believe it or not, is Azalia Zygarna. 

I'm not sure if it's because of that guy or not, but my name is incredibly similar to mine last time.

Anyways, that's enough thinking for now, let's just sleep more.

The next day, I'm on the bed in my bedroom, reading a picture book.

There are books with words, but I don't know how to read.

*Knock knock*

"Come in~."

Walking in, is a young girl wearing a maid outfit.

Though I say young, she's still older than the me now, who's only five.

"It is time for dinner, are you ready to go down?" She asks.

*Nod*

"Then let us go," she says, leading me to the dining room while holding my hands.

Sitting down on my chair, I see two other people sitting.

One was my mother, the other was my older brother.

I don't know much about him, except his name is Poiuyr.

"Do you feel fine now, Aza?" Asks mother.

"Yeah."

"That's good. Now eat before it gets cold."

I'm not sure when I last enjoyed a warm meal, but I do know I won't be forgetting this one.

A week later, my father comes home.

"Hahahaha! Where are my cute children!

"Hello father," says Poiuyr coldly.

"Hi Papa!" I energetically say, feeling some pity for him.

"Haha! I can always count on you to brighten my day, can't I?" He bellows, slightly hurting my ears.

This feeling isn't too bad, despite the strangeness.

And thus, my life flashes before me, completely uneventful, and I turn 11.

Well, except for one particular week.

It was during my second year with my memories. It was when I discovered my ability.

It was in the middle of of Chii, or in other words, this world's equivalent of Winter.

Anyways, there I was, playing by myself in the snow, as friendless as my other life, when I suddenly get a message from that god.

‹Hello, this is Ernaquarte speaking. As of now, the last of you all has regained your memories. That means your ability will now be unlocked.

And, as a commemoration, I'm giving each of you the ability to see status. It's much like a game's, so I shouldn't have to explain. Oh yeah, almost forgot. To activate it, you must think 'status' really really hard. Bye!›

Huh.

I'm trying to process what he said, but it was so sudden I can't.

But then suddenly, I'm snapped back to reality by the cold eating at my fingers.

While I continued playing, my brain though of what I might've been given.

My ability. My greatest desire taken form. 

Just what is it?

«Status,» I think.

By thinking that, a transparent slate appears in front of me.

«

 

Name Azalia Zygarna
Age 7
Level 1, +
Title Reincarnator, +2
Status Normal

 

»

What's this plus sign doing here? Is it telling me there's more? Do I have to think hard about it as well?

*Hard thinking*

My assumption was right. Another screen appears before me.

«

 

Level 1 Rank 1
ATK 0 Race Human
DEF 0 HP 26
SPD 0 MP 0

 

»

Putting aside the fact half my stats are zero, where do I go to see my ability?

My question is answered by another slate.

Another one? Really?

«

 

Self Hatred The ability to change yourself as you see fit. Ω
World's Eye The ability to see the truth of the world. Ω
@-$#_( /_?"!/ 1-#'48!$@6)-:05)?*#£`π=✓€`{][©€`π=¶\√π Ω

 

»

The first two, I can follow. The top is the ability, the bottom is the status thing.

But what is this other thing? I mean, you can't even read it! What kind of god leaves a glitch in their world?!

I'm not getting answers, am I?

Let's just put that aside, and focus on what I have. I may understand what the abilities are, but I don't know what they actually are, or how they work.

But let's figure it out tomorrow, because it's really cold right now.

60