#3 – Arriving To The Party
182 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finish getting ready for the karaoke event going on. I don’t want to overdo it with the clothing so a simple black t-shirt and jeans are good enough.

 

As I leave the apartment I do a double-check to make sure that I have everything I need. I mean it isn’t much anyways just my wallet, but it is always better to be prepared.

 

Getting to Mikoto Tamiko’s karaoke joint is going to be a slight pain because everyone is getting off work and the students who are done with after-school activities. 

 

It feels kinda weird going to a place hosted by Mikoto especially someone of her social status within our school. On the hierarchy of the school Sakura, Mikoto, and Yumi are the cat's meow. From what I’ve heard it is actually rare for people like her to invite others to events hosted by her. But I guess since it is the first day back she is feeling in a good mood, that is probably not the reason but hey! You never know.

 

Now snapping out of my inner thoughts, getting to the station and onto a train is pretty easy still, regardless of the number of people in the station. After a 15-minute train ride, I made it to Shibuya, and all that is left is to see if the others made it and make my way over there.

 

As I’m walking through the busy streets I walk into an alleyway not too far from the main strip to call Alto and see if they made it or not.

 

I reach in my pocket and start searching through my contact lists until I reach Alto. As sad as it may seem it did not take too long to reach his contact because I don’t have that many people’s numbers.

 

I press the call button and wait patiently as the phone rings waiting for Alto to pick up. After 10 or so seconds I hear the line connect and Alto on the other end.

“What’s good Roi! You almost here?” I hear Alto yell over the phone, this is due to all the people singing and being loud in the background.

 

“Yeah, I’m probably 10 or so minutes away. I assume you guys are there already?” I said as I leave the alleyway and walk back onto the main street.

 

“Yep! There are way more people than I expected here so when you come it will be cramped but all it should be good!” Alto said with much enthusiasm.

 

“Alright man, I’ll see you soon,” I said and then hung up on the phone.

 

After a few minutes of walking, I finally made it to the karaoke place and it was a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be. The outside is jet black with a bunch of neon signs saying everything that the place has to offer. I guess they have a bar, pool, arcade, and karaoke, and even a skating rink. I’m actually pretty impressed they are able to cover all those forms of entertainment so more power to Mikoto and her family. 

 

I look at myself in the reflection of the glass just before I walk in to make sure that I look presentable and I give myself a thumbs up. 

 

I check my phone one more time to make that this is the right place, and it is so I put my phone in my pocket and walk inside the establishment.

 

As I walk in I notice the retro style theme that is occurring inside the lobby which gives the place a nice vibe.

 

I walk up to this machine which all it does is ask for me to type in my name. And after I put my name into the computer, a smile shows up on the screen and tells me to have a fun time.

 

From the text message Alto sent me about the place, the room they are in is on the 3rd floor and room 305. I take the elevator up to the third floor and overall it is quiet, despite the noise coming from the end of the hall which I assume is where everyone is at. 

 

I reach the end of the hall and try opening the door and notice that the door is locked. I notice a small little button next to the door which I assume is like a doorbell or something similar. After pressing it and waiting a few seconds I hear the door begin to open so I take a step back.

 

The person who opened the door was Akari who just looked at me with a big smile. 

 

“Glad you made it bro,” He said as he gestured for me to enter the room.

 

“Got nothing better else to do so why not have some fun,” I respond while walking inside the room.

The first thing I notice is how many people are crammed in this room. Almost the whole basketball team is here, or at least everyone who is good on the team. Some cheerleaders I remember seeing from some of the sports events last year. A couple of other people from the school, some look familiar and some I have no clue who they are.

 

The overall atmosphere in the room is nice, most of the people are chatting while some people are actually having the guts to sing in front of everyone. In one corner of the room, I see some food and drinks. Probably some alcohol in there but the food they have outlooks pretty damn good.

 

“Bro, I’m making some moves,” Akari whispers into my ear with one hand on my shoulder.

 

“Oh, really now?” I say to him with a smug look on my face.

 

“Watch the master at work,” He responded with a smirk and sat next to these two girls.

 

My jaw dropped when it actually looked like the girls were into whatever stupid shit Akari was saying to them. 

 

I have known this man for long enough to know that despite his confidence in himself, he has never once actually gotten a girl to go out with him.

 

Akari looks back at me with a big smile on his face and I respond with a thumbs up and look around the room for a place to sit. Since the place is so crowded and dim-lit, it is kinda hard to tell if there even is a seat available. 

 

I see someone on the other side of the room gesture something to me. Since they are a bit far, I can’t exactly tell who the person is. I point a finger to myself to see if they were actually gesturing something to me and they respond with a thumbs up and signal me to come over to them. 

 

As I walk over I try to keep a low profile to not take away anything from the brave souls who are willing to sing. As I walk over to the person, I notice Alto talking to some people on the basketball team. I don’t think he even noticed me coming in which is no big deal.

 

After a few more seconds of walking to the other side of the room. I finally take a seat and see who was the person that was signaling me.

 

“I didn’t expect to see you here Roi,” Yumi said to me with a smile on her face.

 

“Well Alto invited me and since nothing is going on with school, decided to have some fun,” I said after realizing it was her who was signaling me over.

 

“So why did you call me over here?” I ask her.

“Oh nothing, in particular, I just noticed you standing, and plus Mikoto was giving you the hairy eyeball so I was just helping out,” She responded.

 

After she said that I was trying to look around the room to spot Mikoto but it was so hard to see here with all these people and the dim lights which are throwing off my vision.

 

Yumi must’ve noticed me trying to look for Mikoto and all she did was a tap on my shoulder. Once I looked back at her, she pointed over in the direction of Mikoto.

 

I look in the direction and while it was hard to make out Mikoto, I could feel that piercing gaze she was giving to me.

 

“Don’t worry she probably is only staring because she doesn’t know you,” Yumi whispered in my ear.

 

“If you say so senpai,” I say with a sigh.

 

I no longer felt Mikoto's gaze so that means she is being talked to or something. A couple of people from our school came over to us with some drinks in their hands and offered them to us. After drinking for a bit, I could feel the alcohol set in. I normally don’t like drinking but when you are at these kinds of things, it is an expectation. 

 

So far everything is going well, the only problem I’m facing is that when I start to get drunk I begin to get tired so just got to fight off the drowsiness for a few more hours.

 

4