Chapter 2 – 185.000 zenny in debt
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Saros Greisyard (Rookie)
Luna Credits: 2.070
Records: 0 battles (0 wins)
Inventory: 108 cards (35 unclaimed booster tickets) - details

I'm looking at the SoL official website from my smartphone while riding the train to make sure of the location of the Luminaries Center I'm heading to. My eyes caught a glimpse of the ridiculously huge amount of Luna credits reminds me of the day I was first transmigrated here.

Inside that gaudily white room stood a guy atop the podium staircase dressing like those scriptures of Olympic Gods, a guy with golden hair and golden eyes wearing a flower crown made of grape-vines and blue hydrangea flowers, suddenly greeting me in such a haughty manner that he's obviously not used to doing.

Based on my experience, I could catch the sign of those people who just acted to look tough for their first impression. It's like those upperclassmen or works senior who is trying to make themselves looks like someone you should never cross or talk back to so they could just get respect from the newcomer, despite the fact that they're actually just an unreliable bunch who didn't even know how to do their job properly.

Also, his first sentence who just quickly assumed that I want to be here, he even tried to gaslight me into thinking that I'm dying due to a natural death and then proceeded to try to gain my favor by offering something amazing with vague wording. This guy just forcefully deciding what I want, I have no proof but I'm certain that I wouldn't be dead if not for this guy, and he's trying to give me something that he could produce infinitely yet trying to make it as if I were about to be given once in a lifetime fortune. From the way I see it, this guy reeks of so many red flags from all angles.

So, I just curse at him and told him to bring me out of that place. I have no intention of even humoring him let alone letting him think that he's doing me a favor. It's always a bad idea to owe anything to a person like that, a God shouldn't be any exception even in this case.

I remember him looking really troubled and then making some hand gestures while muttering something under her breath. before I realize I'm already awoken on a hospital bed.

The most hectic part comes after that, due to my various life experience I become the kind of person who could keep my calm under pressure. Even so, being suddenly thrown into a situation where I suddenly live my life as someone else took a lot of time to process even for me. 

Realizing how clueless I am about my current situation, the doctor explained that I'm a survivor of a poisoning attempt by my mother. and they were already expecting me to have some memory loss since there was a blood clot blocking the oxygen supply to my hippocampus which damaged it. the doctor already taking care of the clot without surgery. what they didn't expect, however, is how it seems like I've lost all of my events memory and my hair color changed from white to black during my 3 days in ICU. apparently, due to my parent's genetics, I'm supposed to be an albino with a pale face, white hair, and red eyes. but only the hair color changed so now I have black hair and red eyes. They also said my complexion become less pale than I should be.

Sometimes after that, a police investigator comes to me after receiving permission from the doctor and explaining my whole situation.

My dad, Harold Greisyard is working at a bank as an investment accountant or something. apparently, he has a gambling addiction that he hides from his wife, Luna Greisyard. and he keeps accumulating a debt that he's hiding from his family until it's reaching 185.000 zenny. I have no idea how much was it at that point. but I realize later that this zenny currency in this world basically has nearly the same value as US dollars, that's how big my dad's debts are. 

Moving on, the bank where my dad works are realizing my dad's exploits to keep accumulating his own loans, what he does is not embezzlement but they still consider my dad a liability for the company and decide to bring the matter to the court and firing him. my mom getting the news of this became frantic and blaming my dad so much. and this happens shortly before me, Reiner Greisyard were about to attend a prestigious private school. which makes me have no choice but to cancel my admittance to said school.

Then apparently, despaired by the current situation my Mom put some poison in our family dinner in an attempt to commit a family suicide. Both of my parents are dead and I am the only survivor which leads me to this situation in the hospital.

The police mentioned that since I'm still underage, most probably what would happen is all my family assets would be liquified and I would be sent to an orphanage assuming there's no relative that would agree to take care of me which the most likely case.

If I were just a regular middle schooler, I would most probably just nod and let all the adults around me do all the tedious paperwork. But since I'm originally a 27 years old guy on the inside who already has some idea of how society works, I decide to take part in this matter.

things become the most hectic at this point, there's the funeral, my parent's inheritance which includes the debt, and how I'm trying to negotiate with a representative from the bank regarding my parent's debt. since I'm still underage and the fact that my dad is legally an employee of the company, they're quite lenient on me and give in to my persuasion to not liquify my inheritance which is mainly the house,  and freeze the debt for 7 years and I'll start to pay the installment afterward. not to mention I'm also notifying them that I will change my name on the legal document from Reiner to Saros, the name from my previous life.

The excuse I give them for the name change is that the media is giving too much fuss about my family's suicide so it's better to just start over under a new name to avoid any unnecessary rumors and conflict. I lost my memory and my natural hair color changed anyway, so I wouldn't recognize anyone nor anyone would recognize me. of course, the real reason is that everything would be easier for me if I just assume a new identity. On the off chance that someone recognizes Reiner and calls out to me, I can just tell them that they got the wrong person and my name is Saros. doing that would be far much easier than pretending to be someone who has amnesia.

The whole task took me more than a month to complete, while also handling my admittance to a mental health facility which I don't want to explain because that part is too annoying. after that, I reach the public school near my house and inquired them about my late admittance because of my situation. the school accepted me without much problem as long as I could pass the private entrance exam which is certainly not a problem for me.

but if I have to mention the most important part that happened during 2 months of my school absence, it would be the small package that arrive at my house shortly after I'm discharged from the hospital. the package that contains a wristband scanner and application form for this competitive card game called Sorcerers of Luminaries.

1