A2C7 The First Rite
31 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Distortionist/Gutzhakka POV

I've received my orders from Erebus, I am to become an ork, and take over the ork race as their warboss, and lead them in a perpetual war with Erebus and Dusk, who will lead the church and human races. While the playerbase of the orks may not be much compared to say...the human races, what we do have is the majority of hardcore and even just casual PVPers, since ork racial bonuses are geared greatly toward just slaughtering everything in their path as efficiently as possible. 

Orks specialize in tanking, melee, crafting, and exploding everything. They don't have much in the way of range or armor, but everything that shoots explodes. Apart from orks as players, as NPCs, theres also orks, goblins, grots, squigs, snotlings, ogres, and even giants. The various greeenskin races when united by a single warboss are called the Green Tide, for thats just how many of them there are, and they launch a pseudo crusade known as a WAAAGHHH, or war in the greenskin tongue. and the entire galaxy trembles in fear.

My goal, my objective, is to form this greentide, and wage this WAAAGHH. This, will be fun. While I mainly like to mess with peoples heads, as my main characters name suggests, it'll be fun to play a brute who only knows how to kill as well. In true ork fashion, I name this new character Gutzhakka, or Guts hacker in normal speech. While Orks are normally found in the Federation, since Erebus is going to take over that area, it is not wise to start there, the other spot they tend to group together in is the Black Lotus Syndicate, a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I spawn in a small hut, made of furs, hides, and bones. I grab the fur armor and the two handed axe thats in the hut, and walk out the flap that serves as a door. What I see looks straight out of a warcraft movie

Countless huts made of bone, hide, and fur lay around. skull trophies hang above every flap. I realize my house is slightly bigger than the rest.

"Gutzhakka, the chief wants to see you!"

A random goblin comes running up to me out breath and says that.

"The chief does? Did he say why?"

"He says you are to take a test"

"A test huh, lets take a look shall we"

I walk to the biggest building, which isn't a hut in this case, its a genuine building, made of wood and stone. I walk inside and greet the chief

"Chief, I am here"

The big chief, 8 foot tall, towers over my 6 and half foot tall self, his tusk as long and thick as my hand.

"Yes, you have come son."

Hold on, son? I guess I'm the chiefs son, does that mean this test is?

"It is time to take the first rite of chiefdom. As I have done at your age, so too must you complete this rite. To the north, lies a great beast, the Shadow Stalker. It only comes out at night. You are to kill this beast, and bring its body back as proof and as a reward. Go now my son, may the fight be enjoyable"

"Yes, Chief."

I was right, this is a test to become the chief, but why so soon? And does every ork player do this? If so, for every player Ork I get, I get a whole tribe as well. Nice. I walk outside the village, exiting the gate. What lays before me is a giant savannah, and various domestic and wild animals can be seen. Big ass boars can be seen happily grazing and fucking each other up, while the poor goblins try to stop them from killing each other, getting themselves gored in the process.  A patch of trees can be seen, snotlings cultivating the orkoid fungus. thats right. fungus. The various greenskin races are actually sentient fungi, which grow from spores, and these spores come off of the greenskins too like fungi, which means, whenever an ork fleet invades a planet, that planet will never be free from orks as they grow in the wild, amassing forces to keep invading again and again. Yet another reason why the greenskins are so terrifying.

A group of circles are by the fungus patch, where newborn greenskins fight to establish dominance and rankings. Several fights are occurring, and I see an ork absolutely krump another ork, just smashing his head wide open. I will always rememeber you unnamed newborn ork. I get enough of the sights, and begin walking north, towards the Shadow Stalker beast. I wasn't sure just how far I should walk, so I walked till nightfall. I take out my axe, and begin a fire to attract the beasts attention, and sure enough, it comes

Its enormous, just on its 4 legs its as tall as me, I cant even imagine how big it would be if it stood up on its hind legs. It circles me, silently, not even letting out a roar. I ready my great axe. It leaps without any kind of warning, taking away much of my hp. I activate Berserk, and swing, cutting into its shoulder, it backs away a little, as if assessing my strength. It then walks towards me, and claws at me, one right one left, I use the axe to bat away the right and let the left hit me, taking more damage. The effect of berserk lets me tank more damage and deal more damage the more wounded i get, ,but in exchange the ease of hitting me goes up. I headbutt the lion and cause it to get dazed. In that time I strike it with an overhead strike and cause insane amounts of damage and elongating the stunned status. I blind the Shadow Stalekr by poking its eyes out, and proceed to kill it with my axe. While it may not seem that hard, being there in person shows its true difficulty, I had to get the timing just right or I would have died on the spot. 

I put the corpse in my inventory and begin moving back to the village. I make it back by dawn, but the guards halt me

"Halt! Who goes?"

"It is Gutzhakka, the son of the chief, I completed the first rite of Chiefdom, and I am to be let in"

"Of course"

The gate opens, and I am let in. I make my way to the chiefs longhouse and knock.

"Who is it?"

A gruff voice, but most definitely the chiefs, sounds out.

"It is your son, Gutzhakka, I have come back from the hunt successfully."

"I see, come back later, take a nap, I have no doubt you havent slept and had a taxing fight, Im hard at work giving you another sibling"

"Yes chief"

That, was a little too much information. I head to the quartermaster to see if he can make the mane and furs my armor. It seems he can, and it should be done by night. WIth nothing to do, I walk around the village, talking to the NPCs, and still gawking at how life like they are. I do wonder how Lotus Studios could make every single NPC so...human like. In 10 years, maybe even a little more, they made something this great, unlike Bethesda, who made a game and milked it for over  a decade while launching shitty games. Fuckin Bethesda. 

Its now midday, and I decide to go back to the chiefs. I knock just in case, and the ok to come in is heard, so I enter.

"Chief, I have killed the Shadow Stalker"

"Where is the corpse?"

"Its with the quartermaster, I am having him turn it into clothes and a trophy."

"I guess soon enough, a messenger will come."

"Excuse me chief?"

At that moment, a goblin opens the door.

"Chief, da qoortormaster 'as sent me 'ere, 'e said dat 'e found a cub in da Shadow Stalker"

"See? That Shadow Stalker owed me a favor, and her cub was the payment. I am sure she smelled my blood in you, hence why she let you kill her."

"The Shadow Stalker was a mother? and theyre intelligent?"

"Aye, more smart than the both of us combined. Come, lets go see the quartermaster"

I follow him to the quarter master, and indeed a small cub, covered in its mothers blood is there, mewling like a kitten.

"My son, pet it, form a connection to it.It will speak to you"

"Of course Chief"

I walk up to the kitten, and hold it in my thick, bulky arms, being careful as to not crush it by accident.

"YOU! YOU KILLED MY MOM DIDNT YOU!? I CAN SMELL HER BLOOD ON YOU!"

A loud, shrill voice enters my mind. 

"I did."

"WHY!?"

"To become stronger, to achieve my goal"

"AND WHAT GOAL DID YOU HAVE THAT NEEDED YOU TO KILL MY MOM!?"

"To unite the greenskins under my banner, and wage a WAAGH the likes of which have never been seen."

"BUT WHY!?"

The chief speaks now

"You have made a connection, I can feel it. Good, for now it will hate you, that is natural after all. It is your duty to nurture and train it to become both your loyal companion, mount, and with time, maybe even lover."

He winks at me after the last part

"What do you mean by lover exactly? I'm not really into animals you know"

"You'll see what I mean in time. Now, for the second rite, you must raid challenge another ork chief, and you must win. After that, you will take the third, and final rite."

"Yes, chief, thank you."

I take the cub with me, mewling all the way, to my hut, to wait till night for my new armor. Tomorrow, I will challenge the chief.

0