Chapter 5
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An office worker young man came in consciousness, his forehead creased when he woke up in an unfamiliar place, it's dark, he can't feel anything, he can just depend on his sense of hearing and his sense of sight, when his still adjusting from this unfamiliar place and trying to remember what happened before he came here, he heard a weak cry of a woman, crying for help while sobbing.

"Please help us... Help me... They're going to come after me, help me" a woman cried from the right corner of the building, A man walk from where he heard that cry.

"Hello? Who are you? Do you know where is this place?" He asked expecting that this woman can help him to know how he came from this place, but then he didn't heard anything rather than "Please help us... Help me... They're going to come after me help me" and the woman still repeated it in a same crying tone in a creepy and bizarre way.

The young man office worker began to feel fear, he tried to run from where his standing but then he can only move one step at a time, as if he was standing in the middle of a mud trying to pull him down, from a woman cried he then started to hear another different noises from different people in different corner of the building, from a childs voice of laughter, to a random people's whispering, a sound of gun firing and sound of shouts from woman and children because of a gun shot, but the guns shot has different sound unfamiliar but felt familiar, he heard another shot he started to panic, thinking that he's in a place where there is a fight between soldiers from different countries.

A terrorist? 

No, the sound was not loud, it's like it came far but it can only be heard inside the building, there is also a weird smell of powder everytime there's a gun shot, his forehead creased when he realizes that it was a powder gun, a sort of weapon from late 60's or something his not sure because that kind of gun is now non existent if it still existing he thinks that it can only be seen inside the museum or can be found from the gun collectors.

His nape's hair suddenly stand when he heard a weak sound of step, but then that sound faded, he continued walking but then he bump to something, he step backwards in panicked, from the light of the moon came from a small and tattered window he saw a body floating from the water, he slowly looked down from where his was standing, the mud that he thought pulling him down, is just a water from a swimming pool he sigh in relief, then looked at the body near where his standing he slowly move the body, he can't see the face because it was covered from a white plastic he can only see the blur image of the man but he can't recognize it, he then saw an ID hanging from it's neck, the ID was also floating from the water he tried to hold it but his hand just pierce through it, he was confused on what just happened, he tried it again but his hand still piece through it, from confusion to shock, the waters wave made the ID move then he saw the face of the owner of the ID, he saw who is the man behind this plastic, from shock to fear, and his fear turns into agony and despair...

Then he slowly remembered everything before he came from this place, he remembered three young man teenagers who looked at him angrily, while he saw a woman bent from the corner inside a small alley, crying and scared.

"What are you doing?" He asked in disbelief, he help the woman to stand and when he saw the woman's dress was ruined and her body was covered in bruises, while her body was trembling in fear, he then realize what had just happened.

"I'm going to call a police" he announced after realizing that he just saw an attempted rape, but before he can get his phone from his pocket he felt a pang of pain behind his head, at the same time he also heard a loud shriek of a woman and the stump of feet running away, before he lose consciousness he saw the woman's running while chasing by the other and the two man who left with him took his body and covered his head with a plastic bag, he tried to fight but because of the strong impact of the metal that they use to strike him, his body weakened, he felt nausea while his hot blood slowly dripping from the back of his head.

"Dude you're going to kill him, we should just threatened him" a man said but his companion didn't answered instead he continued to choke the man who's head was covered in plastic bag.

The young office workers life ended at that night without having a chance to fight from the three teenagers, his life ended trying to save a woman who almost got raped, his life ended without saying goodbye from his family that still waiting for him to go home.

His just an ordinary office worker graduated in a not so famous school but tried to work hard in order to provide and help his family who makes everything for him to finished studies and to graduate in his chosen degrees, his just an ordinary man who works everyday to at least return what his parents gives to him, but then everything that he worked so hard just ended like that, his life was ruined, his family became miserable and he can never comeback alive, his dead, he. already. is. dead.

When he accepted that he's already dead he became lost, he tried to comeback home but all he saw was a crying old lady hugging by it's husband, the kind of view he never hope to see, a view where his parents are devastated and heartbroken.

They we're crying when they heard that their only son, the son that they treasured so much was now dead, the police said their condolences and lead them to where their son's body confined, and when they saw their son's cold and lifeless body the old lady almost got a heart attack while his father was in dread, he didn't cry but they can see how hurt he was, he can see how his father really feel.

"I'm sorry... Mom... Dad" he said crying besides his lifeless body, but in the end his just a spirit and even when he cried, apologize or shout they will never hear him, he can never touch or hug them, nor he can felt their warmth anymore.

Why? He didn't do anything bad, all his life his been good, he never hurt anyone, he didn't also trampled other people, but why it's him and why his family?

He asked it for a million times when he accepted that he already died, he's been asking it for god who give life for every human, he's lost, he's devastated, he's hurting, and worst he's in range to God, to world and to those people who killed him..

But then he lost hope when he can't even touch those people, they can't even hear him, what revenge can he make, what change will revenge give him if he can't even touch nor hurt them, what can he do, he's just a lost spirit who can find justice.

"We have three suspect" one of the police officer said to his companion, it just nod his head then sigh problematic, as if he felt sorry to the young office man and to it's family.

"Yes but we can't even touch them, one of those suspect is the son of a mayor, we can't lose a job just because we tried to question his son on a crime that we can even see a single evidence" 

"So what are we going to do?"

"The head of police department said that we need to announce that he died in an accident" they both sigh then looked helplessly to the family of the deceased.

"No... You can't just surrender like that, so what if his a mayor's son, your a police you need to catch those criminals" he said in range and despair then he started crying in pain, it's hard for him to heard his mother's cry, but at the same time it is also hard for him to accept that he can't get justice from his dead.

Accident... It wasn't, how can you just decide to do that, why? Because you're not the one on my foot that's why it's easy for you to do that and announced that I've died accidentally.

He can't accept and he will never accept it, "AAAAAAHHHHH" he shouted in range, despair and agony.

"Stop it" a young man shouted behind the spirit, then he saw two young man standing behind him, standing from the open door where Jake's room is, he smirked and looked at them mockingly.

"And why would I? This is my last chance and I will never waist this chance, I'm going to take my revenge from those people" a gust of strong wind enter the open window, the sleeping child woke up because of the cold wind, when he open his eyes he saw Akira with another man beside the door he scratch his eyes sleepily.

"Kuya Akira" he said then yawn, when he tried to focus his eyes he saw another silhouette of a man standing one meter far from his bed, from a sleepy eyes, his eyes slowly turned round in shock, fear and terror.

"AHHHH" he shouted in fear then cried he looked at Akira who promise to help him, he looked at him trying to shout for help, he looked at him full of despair, and panicked.

"Don't worry... I'm going to help you" Akira said to calm the child he saw that it nodded his head but still afraid, "Remember the one I gave you?... Yes" he asked and smile but still worried.

"I... I do" Jake answered then nod his head, he looked at the scary man but then he immediately avoid his gaze and looked again at Akira whose slowly walking inside the room.

Jake hold the red small pocket that Akira gave him, saying that it will make him stay safe from bad spirits that came to hurt him, Jake trust Akira's word, he felt safe when the first time someone came for him because they were sincerely worried for him, his just a child seeking comfort from someone who can give it, and who he is to denied the comfort that Akira gave him.

Sean looked shock and felt lost, shock because Akira just pull him in a hurry and the they just entered an hospital in the middle of the night luckily there's still an open door at the back and they entered the hospital without someone's stopping them, but then he was surprised when he saw from the open door of this room a silhouette of a naked man with bluish colored body standing beside the child's bed, lost because he really can't understand what Akira and the child are talking about.

Is this some kind of horror scene from a movie, and Akira is one of the actor of this movie, he really can't get it, more importantly the naked man is truly scary, isn't it just a make up? Where's the stuffs, the director, the cameras.

"What the hells happening here?" He asked in confusion, Akira looked at him then bit his lower lip, realizing that he's with Sean.

"What's happening?" A sudden shout by the spirit, they both looked at him in confusion.

"No... What's happening to me...Ahhh it hurts... It hurts" the spirit cried in pain while holding his body bending in pain, they all looked at him in sympathy, confusion and shock.

The young man spirit is slowly dissipating from a dark and there's a dark smoke came out from him, but it's not just a simple smoke it was dark and eerie with strange smell.

Miasma...

"Sh*t cover your nose and mouth don't inhale those smoke it's poisonous" Akira said in a warning tone, then he covered his mouth and nose, Jake also covered what he should covered, Sean was still confused, in the end Akira use his other free hand to cover Sean's mouth and nose.

Sean looked at Akira in shock, his breath hastened, his body felt stiff, looking at him in disbelief...

*BADUMP* *BADUMP* *BADUMP*

Then Sean heard a loud three consecutive thump from his heart, he looked at Akira in fear, afraid that this man might hear his thumping heart, and sigh in relief when he saw that his still busy protecting them both.

"Don't talk... Don't move stay put" Akira said one by one, commanded him word by word, Sean choose to stay quiet and just looked at Akira whose seriously looking at the spirit who's crying in pain, saying that his hurting repeatedly.

"No... I still want to get revenge... But who... No please give me a chance no... He said I still have a chance to get my revenge, he said he would help me... But why?" the spirit said in panicked, agony and despair, as if he's talking to someone that they can't see, they can't hear nor can't touch.

"Whose he?" Akira asked

"No..." The spirit said then looked at Akira trying to find help "help me... I can't take this anymore..." He added then started to shout again, on the other hand Jake was confused and scared, he didn't cry, he didn't move and he didn't dare to open his mouth.

Akira took again a half inch paper with some symbols written on it different from the paper he took earlier, at the same time an anonymous symbol suddenly emerge from where the spirit's position, slowly protecting him from a black miasma.

Akira cast a barrier protection to the spirit to suppress the dark miasma coming out from it's body, the spirit slowly felt that the pain is slowly fading he looked at Akira and said "Thank you"

"Tell me who is he?" - Akira

"He's the one whose been helping me to... To feed people's lifespan" he answered then sigh, everything that he felt earlier was gone his range turns calm, he's pain also subsided, because of this strange symbol from his surroundings, the symbol is just a simple circle, giving a light to the dark room, a light that gave warmth and comfort of safeness.

"What do you mean?" Akira asked again and slowly walk inside the barrier, Sean tried to pull him because he knows that whoever this creature is, his dangerous, but Akira just looked at him calmly telling that everything is fine.

He's still confused and shock but, he think whatever's happening right now is a serious matter, he nod his head stay on guard like a soldier protecting his comrade from the outside, he walk near the child, they looked at each other but when they heard Akira's voice they looked at him at the same time in a same manner.

Worried, confused, they both looked at Akira and to the creature in bewilderment, Jake is still a child so he really can't understand what they're talking about, but Sean slowly understand what really happened before this creature became like what he was right now.

According to him when he lost hope of having justice for his death, he wandered around like a lost soul, no directions nor life to feel anything, but when he came from a dark small park, a man walk close to him, at first he really don't care because he's already dead it's impossible that this man can see him, he can talk but because he's a ghost this man won't hear him, he can move but he can't touch him, but to his shock this man talk to him like he can see him, like he can hear him...

"You... You can see me?" He asked in bewilderment, the man nod his head then chuckle, his voice is deep and cold but trustworthy.

"Of course I can..."

"But how?" He asked again then looked around if there's someone besides him, but he can't see anyone except him and this strange man in front of him.

"Let's say I have a gift who can see dead people..." He said "And I know what you want" he added, it seems like he knows what he needed he knows how desperate and lost he is, and because he really needed someone to talk he believes him easily not knowing that he just bite a trap that the man prepared for him.

"He said that... I need to eat living people's lifespan to get my revenge, at first I don't believe him but he gave me something that proves that he can help me... He said that I just have to think like I'm an empty battery that needs electricity, and living people's lifespan is my electricity, I... I just need to feed ten people lifespan to make a temporarily body to help me touch anything or anyone" the spirit explained hastily

"And what else?" Akira asked trying to understand what just the spirit said to him.

"He said that humans lifespan is like a electricity they have ten percent of energy equivalent to hundred percent of their lifespan..." Akira cut him "I know hundred percent is the year a living persons life will, human can leave until one hundred that's the maximum life age and sixty is the minimum and once their lifespan or energy turned zero it's time for them to die... I know it... But how did you feed someone's lifespan?" The only questions he needed an answer.

"He... He gave me this" the spirit said then he showed his wrist with some symbol engraved from it, it's not clear because the image is slowly dissipating like a dust, just like the body of the spirit in front of him slowly fading...

"A brand?" Akira said then looked at the spirit worriedly "How did he give you this?" For the first time he felt something he never felt for the long time all his years catching and cleaning a human lost spirit this is the first time he felt scared and lost, at the same time because of this branding mark, he felt a little bit of hope that this can help him to find his missing mother.

This brand is not just a simple mark, this means whoever know this or whoever made this can control every spirit once they lost their sanity, this brand is like a tentacles who sucked energy from the collected lifespan from a spirit's who has this kind of brand.

"He just touch my wrist and then this mark suddenly appeared... But when this mark came out, there's this Black smoke covered my body and enter my body slowly eating my sanity..." The spirit explained while trying to remember what he just experience because of this strange mark.

The spirit's body is also fading started from his toe to his upper body, he smiled bitterly while accepting his painful ending, he accepted that everything he have done conscious or not, he needs to reckon for it..

"I think the time has come..." The spirit said and smile bitterly then he looked at Jake "I hope you'll grow kind and strong... And I'm sorry for causing you danger" he said then looked at Akira "thank you... You give me chance to die peacefully without feeling any pain... Be careful because whoever that man is he's dangerous..." He added with a warning tone telling him to be careful if they want to catch the person who gave him this kind of power for his revenge, at first all he can think is to get revenge, to kill them, but he really can't control his body anymore, he really don't want to kill anyone he just needed justice not just for him but also to his parents whose getting older... "Ahh... I hope that at least I can get the justice I want..." He said in his last breath, while his tears slowly dripping from his eyes.

Jake and Akira looked at him in sympathy until he became a dust of light slowly fading from the dark, the protection barrier also dissipate and only darkness can be seen inside the room, no sound can be heard except for the gusting wind outside and their breath.

Akira looked at Jake and give him a placid smile "you're safe now" he said and sigh, his disappointed because he can't get exact information he needed, he hope that this can lead him about the truth, about his mother disappearance, but he also felt sympathy for the spirit, he died for a second time without getting the justice he want.

__________________________________

Kuya- Filipino used this as a polite title or form of address for an elder brother, Simply put, "Kuya" is used to address an older male relative or friend (especially one's own brother), and means "brother".

Hope you like this update.

0