000 – Reborn Again
979 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kuk!"

The bloodied demoness was on her knees, looking up into my eyes with what could only be described as fear. Her dark violet eyes shook greatly and she winced with pain as I drove my sword further into her heart.

"Ah... Y-you... huff... huff... you... bas...ard."

She struggled to say through heavy breaths. This was it for her. No sort of trick to revive or come back to fight me for the fourth time in this fight. No hidden spells, soldiers, weapons or schemes. She lost and she admitted that whole heartily.

I raised her by her moon-like hair that was tainted with her blood, then removed my sword with her heart that was the size of my fist firmly hanged on it. I flung her to the other side of the room, where she would die with nothing to her name anymore.

Behind me, the portal to Midgard opened up, and I could go home. This was it. I had ended it all. I destroyed the netherworlders forever.I stumbled towards the portal, my stomach bleeding out. That wasn't much of a problem though. With my Holy Force, my body should be sealing all wounds soon. That didn't mean I could let all that blood just go.( Force didn't provide blood)

I fell on my knee clumsily, but luckily my sword was there for me.

"Huff... huff... ha..."

I coughed out blood. It was getting increasingly hard to breathe. Colour was slowly being drained from my eyes and everything was getting colder. (Well, the Netherworld was naturally a cold place)

With my sword firmly fixed in the ground, I tried to get up.

I knew this feeling quite well. I was about to die, no two ways about it. Still, I refuse to die on enemy soil. I would go back and announce triumphantly that I won and humanity was liberated.

I tried to move again, but my body was too heavy. The armour. I needed to remove the armour. I tried to do so, but I fell to the ground.

'Damn it! Move you stupid body! No! I refuse to die here. In this unholy place where so many allies have fallen!'

My thoughts raged.

Suddenly, I could hear footsteps albeit faint. Someone had arrived from the other side through the portal. From the looks of things, this person was a sorceress. She just wore sandals and had tiny fine feet. If it were a sorcerer, well he had the legs of a woman.

I could die in peace now. At least my body would be carried back once they recognised who I was.

My vision dimmed and sound disappeared. All forms of sensitive gone completely from my body. There was the final heart beat and my soul was whisked away from that place.

Hmm, I did it.

I had lived many lives. One as Caleb the Blacksmith, the other as Milly the Magician, another as Nii the Buddha and finally as Malcolm of Mid-gard.

Different names, different faces, different abilities. Before the average mortal I would seem like an unattainable transcendent being, but in all honesty, I was just an average person who chose to bear humanity's burden by my lone self.

Now, my soul could move on to peace... a happily ever after as some would say.

Or at least that was what I thought until.

"It's a girl!" a loud voice came in.

"She's so beautiful. Congratulations." another said.

'Wait... wait... what the hell is happening?! W-why am I alive again?!'

I asked as I was presented to a beautiful woman with silver hair and emerald green eyes.

"You... I'll name you Ibuki Ryo. My first daughter."

'Did... did I just get reborn... again?!'

 

A/N: I am a very lazy writer and update frequency for this will be completely random and inconsistent! But please just hold on to this book and I promise a fun harmless read.

28